Any opinions on Paradigm's Cinema 70 Home Theater? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Paradigm's Cinema 70 Home Theater?

adam01k
11-30-2005, 01:59 PM
I am looking at this as a cheap starter system in a medium sized room (12' center from plasma, 8' from LS and RS speakers.
I recently bought a Denon AVR 785, so I think it might be a good combo with a smaller system.
Any thoughts on the merit of the Paradigm system?

kexodusc
11-30-2005, 04:50 PM
The Cinemas are very good as far as small "HTIB" type speakers go..that's not fair, they're much better than most HTIB's I've heard. I'd recommend getting the bigger sub (10") if possible...you'll appreciate it in a mid size room a bit more I'd think.

Also check out the Athen Micra 6 system...A bit different presentation, but about as good IMO.

MikeyBC
12-03-2005, 10:01 PM
My Father-in-law just got Paradigm's cinema 110 system with the 10" sub...and its not your typical "HTIB" cheapo sub. Its a very clear and smooth sounding system.

adam01k
12-04-2005, 06:53 AM
My Father-in-law just got Paradigm's cinema 110 system with the 10" sub...and its not your typical "HTIB" cheapo sub. Its a very clear and smooth sounding system.

Thanks a lot for that input. I believe it to be my Christmas present, so'll we see how she sounds.