Mr & Mrs. Smith DVD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mr & Mrs. Smith DVD

recoveryone
11-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Very entertaining flick and it comes with a DTS sound track to boot. I'll let Lex make the offical review (he does such a good job of it). After seeing Angelina Jolie in this flick I comfirm my choice as she could be the first female bond agent. the fight scenes made her look tuff enough to take on old Sean and his biggest foe's from back in the day. Tomb Raider was just the tip of the iceberg with her in the action movie line. She can hold her own without a big name leading man. Brad was good also, but his role reminded me of him in the Spy game flick he did with Redford (was also a good flick). I like the pace of this film it was done as if it was a two part movie. First half which goes at about a first gear speed they figure out that they both are spies after a botch mission they both are assigned to. After that this flick jumps into 4th gear and rolls from there. The writers left room for another movie to follow as they never found out that they both work for the same people.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Very entertaining flick and it comes with a DTS sound track to boot. I'll let Lex make the offical review (he does such a good job of it). After seeing Angelina Jolie in this flick I comfirm my choice as she could be the first female bond agent. the fight scenes made her look tuff enough to take on old Sean and his biggest foe's from back in the day. Tomb Raider was just the tip of the iceberg with her in the action movie line. She can hold her own without a big name leading man. Brad was good also, but his role reminded me of him in the Spy game flick he did with Redford (was also a good flick). I like the pace of this film it was done as if it was a two part movie. First half which goes at about a first gear speed they figure out that they both are spies after a botch mission they both are assigned to. After that this flick jumps into 4th gear and rolls from there. The writers left room for another movie to follow as they never found out that they both work for the same people.

I think this mini review is a great teaser. It compels you to at least rent if, and if it peaks your fancy, buy it. After reading our friendly little outdated printer's reviews, I know all about the characters, story line, level of character developement, if they used the bathroom ten times, how car's float on water, and every detail down to the last Z. You know so much that you feel like you have already seen the movie, and have nothing left to explore on your own. I say leave all of that stuff to the film critics who have long seen the movie before it ever reaches DVD. I'd rather you tease me rather than try to give all to me. Errrr....That is just nasty, just nasty!!!.

Thanks, I would not have even thought to rent this, now I may just check this out.

GMichael
11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
I'd rather you tease me rather than try to give all to me. Errrr....That is just nasty, just nasty!!!.

I'm tellin' mom.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-01-2005, 04:21 AM
I'm tellin' mom.

You better not or I'll throw some magic pixie snot on ya!

GMichael
12-01-2005, 06:09 AM
You better not or I'll throw some magic pixie snot on ya!

Eeeewwwa..... No thanks. You win.

Worf101
12-01-2005, 06:20 AM
and one I concur with wholeheartedly. Best movie I saw last summer besides "Crash". M&M Smith was a perfect and I do mean perfect summer movie. Lots of lovely ladies, hunky men, action AND (heaven forfend) a PLOT to boot. Looked good, sounded good... what more can anyone want?

Da Worfster :cool:

L.J.
12-01-2005, 07:15 AM
I gotta chance to see this for the first time last night. I liked it. I thought it was a fun movie to watch. Nice pace, some great action scenes and a few laughs thrown in. Throw in the DTS and you're good to go.

eisforelectronic
12-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I also enjoyed this movie

shokhead
12-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Almost boring.

Defshep
12-05-2005, 06:03 AM
Finally got around to watching this. I liked it, and I couldn't help thinking if it were made 20 years ago, we would've seen Michael Douglas & Kathleen Turner in the title roles. Pitt and Jolie had the fun, sexy chemistry and sense of sarcasm Douglas & Turner had in War of the Roses and Romancing the Stone. Is Angelina not the hottest actress working? It was over for Brad the first day of filming...

Groundbeef
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Almost boring.

I concur. It was nothing special. I don't know if it is just me, but I am having trouble as of late suspending my reality to get into some of the latest action movies.

Is is just me? I mean some of the action sequences are just way over the top. I expect it from a Charlies Angles show because that was the way it always was. But in M&M Smith, what is it with the bad guys who can't aim a gun? No one shoots 2 auto guns (one in each hand) at the same time with any accuracy. Let a lone in the MIDDLE of the room w/no cover.

I just cannont suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy the film.

Give me a little realism (I am not looking for reality, just something that might actually occur somewhere).

BTW Batman Begins was WAY cool.

L.J.
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I concur. It was nothing special. I don't know if it is just me, but I am having trouble as of late suspending my reality to get into some of the latest action movies.

Is is just me? I mean some of the action sequences are just way over the top. I expect it from a Charlies Angles show because that was the way it always was. But in M&M Smith, what is it with the bad guys who can't aim a gun? No one shoots 2 auto guns (one in each hand) at the same time with any accuracy. Let a lone in the MIDDLE of the room w/no cover.

I just cannont suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy the film.

Give me a little realism (I am not looking for reality, just something that might actually occur somewhere).

BTW Batman Begins was WAY cool.

I use to think that same way. I gave up. Now I just throw on some popcorn and let the fun begin. You must admit, it is kinda funny. If you want some real cheesiness, try out XXX: State of Union.

Groundbeef
12-11-2005, 06:04 PM
I use to think that same way. I gave up. Now I just throw on some popcorn and let the fun begin. You must admit, it is kinda funny. If you want some real cheesiness, try out XXX: State of Union.

Actually, for me it started with THE PUNISHER with Dolf Lundgrin (I think it was him anyway) And he is driving a bus and about 10 guys unload about 1000 shots at the front of the bus, totally destroying it, and he gets off and kills them nary a scratch.