Just picked up Hopes and Fears by [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up Hopes and Fears by

J*E*Cole
11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
a band called Keane, and I think I like it. It has almost no guitar, but I think there's a banjo in there. Anyone heard these guys yet? The reviews were mostly 4 and 5 stars, so I thought I'd check it out, the only regret is buying it thru iTunes, 'cause the sound quality isn't there, but the content is pretty cool, it's kinda different, rock piano type sound, no guitar, but really, really catchy tunes and some really good lyrics, make this 5 stars for me. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy it at the store and see if the quality is any better.

ForeverAutumn
11-30-2005, 02:55 PM
a band called Keane, and I think I like it. It has almost no guitar, but I think there's a banjo in there. Anyone heard these guys yet? The reviews were mostly 4 and 5 stars, so I thought I'd check it out, the only regret is buying it thru iTunes, 'cause the sound quality isn't there, but the content is pretty cool, it's kinda different, rock piano type sound, no guitar, but really, really catchy tunes and some really good lyrics, make this 5 stars for me. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy it at the store and see if the quality is any better.

I really enjoy that CD. I saw them in concert last spring (or maybe it was last fall...I remember that it was cold but not winter-cold). They are a trio. Singer, drummer, keyboardist. No guitar, no banjo. They sucked live. I was bored to death. They played the entire CD with no variations in the songs. If I closed my eyes I wouldn't have even known that there were live bodies on the stage. I could have put the CD on shuffle at home and saved $25 bucks.