New and Upcoming Releases..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New and Upcoming Releases.....

L.J.
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Can anyone comment on any of the following new and upcoming releases. Worth the blind buy or what?

Alexander

Mr&Mrs Smith

Fantastic Four

The Island

The Cave

paul_pci
11-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Alexander got a lot of flack, mostly from homophobes, but I didn't see it.
The Island I loved.
Just rented Mr. & Mrs. Smith and plan to watch it tonight, so I'll let you know, but my girlfriend said it was dumb, but she also hates Vince Vaugn.

Kam
11-29-2005, 08:51 PM
the cave - avoid at all costs. horrible horrible movie. it might be so bad its good, but i dont think so, its just so bad its bad. although the underwater cinematography is top notch.

mr. and mrs. smith - very enjoyable, fun movie. its just a good fun action movie and there's a scene where angelina jolie wears fishnets.... what else could you want?

fantastic four - had this been the very first superhero movie made, it woulda been really good. but since the bar has been seriously raised by xmen and spiderman and batman, this movie was pretty low level.

havent seen alexander or the island, so cant comment, but havent heard good things about either.

eisforelectronic
11-30-2005, 02:20 AM
I thought "Alexander" felt really slow. I think it was trying too hard to be epic. Colin really made a lot of bravehart speaches

Defshep
11-30-2005, 03:04 AM
The more I look back on the summer box-office, the more I think The Island was sadly underrated and under-promoted. It's a great action / sci-fi flick. Great performances from Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johannsen. The always enjoyable Steve Buscemi has an extended cameo appearance. Everyone I know who saw it really loved it. Hope the DVD has a DTS mix!

Defshep
11-30-2005, 03:12 AM
Just another quick note on The Island. Check out the reviews on Amazon. Of all the December releases, this is the one I'm most excited about. Michael Bay almost makes up for Pearl Harbor with this one...Almost.

L.J.
11-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the tips. I picked up Mr&Mrs Smith this morning and will grab The Island when it comes out.