Good Idea - keep the flaming here [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea - keep the flaming here

SpankingVanillaice
11-27-2005, 10:06 PM
I have a good idea since I really like how the Edirols sounded so I decided to use the Edirols with my JBL SUB135 then the bass will go down to 35hz -6db. So basicaly the freq response will be 35hz to 35kHz -6db. In the future I am planning to get the Edirol MA-15D since that's the latest version of the Edirol studio monitors. :)

SpankingVanillaice
11-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Heres the details for my MA-10D

10W + 10W Digital Stereo Micro Monitors (Pair)
Listen to any source — analog or digital through these compact powered audio monitors. Connect digital sources such as computers, MP3 players, MiniDiscs, DAT machines, CD players and also analog sources like cassette decks. High resolution 24-bit/96 kHz D/A converters provide great detail and impressive dynamics. Impressive performance from a very small package.

10 W + 10 W, 90 mm Woofer and 65 mm Tweeter, 2 way Bass-reflex enclosure
Wooden, BLUE cabinet for higher sound response, stylish contemporary design and compact size
1/8" Line 1, RCA L/R Line 2, 1/8" headphones
Bass, Treble and 2 independent Line Volume controls
Frequency response: 45 Hz to 35 kHz
24 bit/96 kHz capable S/P DIF optical and coaxial inputs

Heres some details for the MA-15D now compair the two

High Performance Desktop Monitors in Wooden Cabinets
15 W + 15W Powerful Desktop Monitor (pair)
2-Way Bass Reflex Enclosure Type: 100 mm (4") Woofer + 50 mm (2") Tweeter
Wooden Cabinet
Up to 24-bit/192 kHz DA conversion for S/PDIF Optical & Coaxial Input
2 Independent Source Inputs; 1/8" Line, RCA-pin Line (L/R), and S/PDIF (optical & coaxial)
Bass Enhancer
Bass, Treble, and Individual Volume 1 & Volume 2 Controls on Front
1/4" headphones Port
Magnetically-shielded
Sub Woofer Output Port for Extra Bass Boost

What is the Bass Enhancer?The Bass Enhancer found in the EDIROL MA-15D Stereo Monitors lets the user hear bass frequencies not normally audible through speakers this size. The Bass Enhancer is a DSP chip programmed using psychoacoustic principles that converts low frequencies into a series of overtones which the human ear cannot distinguish from the original low frequencies. This allows the listener to perceive bass frequencies outside of the normal range of the speaker cone, without over-driving the woofer. With the Bass Enhancer, the MA-15D Stereo Monitors offer a strong low-end in a very compact set of reference monitors.

SpankingVanillaice
11-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Now you guys see why I am planning to get the MA-15D for an studio monitor upgrade. :)

SpankingVanillaice
11-28-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't appreciate people are being so rude to me since I am just doing my best to tell about what I like and how my system is like and I really need people to be nice to me and care about me more. I don't like people who are rude like Florian. I really think we need more nice people that understands other peoples life and how things are going in there life too. I just don't have enough money to buy expensive studio monitors since I live with my parents and I don't work since I am not ready for that yet. For the money I have I get the best monitors like the Edirol MA-15D that I am planning to get in the future when I get more money. :mad:

SpankingVanillaice
11-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Here are pics of each studio monitors I am talking about. Both MA-10D and MA-15D.

MA-10D (http://www.edirol.net/products/com/MA-10D/images/top_L.jpg?px_fullquility_384564)

MA-15D (http://www.edirol.net/products/com/MA-15D/images/top_L.jpg?px_fullquility_384564)

N. Abstentia
11-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Maybe if you weren't so ignorant people wouldn't be so rude to you.

As long as you keep buying those $100 computer speakers and thinking they sound good that means you're ignorant. So, be ready for the rudeness.

Feanor
11-28-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't appreciate people are being so rude to me since I am just doing my best to tell about what I like and how my system is like and I really need people to be nice to me and care about me more. I don't like people who are rude like Florian. I really think we need more nice people that understands other peoples life and how things are going in there life too. I just don't have enough money to buy expensive studio monitors since I live with my parents and I don't work since I am not ready for that yet. For the money I have I get the best monitors like the Edirol MA-15D that I am planning to get in the future when I get more money. :mad:
If Florian, et al., have no patience for your issues, they should not respond to your posts. If they do, they should be civil.

BinFrog
11-28-2005, 11:29 AM
If you want expensive studio monitors, get a job.

And then get the middle-of-the-line kind that I have and be a real man

Alesis M1 Active mk2 Biamp Monitors

http://alesis.com/products/m1active/M1Mk2.jpg
http://alesis.com/products/m1active/

For my basement studio, they are 100% perfect.

E-Stat
11-28-2005, 12:49 PM
I have a good idea too.
C'mon Flo, play nice.

rw

E-Stat
11-28-2005, 12:54 PM
I have a good idea
Here's my advice, take it or leave it: set your sights much higher, be patient and don't be so obsessed with the specifications. Your room won't properly propagate a real 35 hz note anyway.

By your age (1978), I had my first pair of Acoustat full range electrostatics driven by tube amps, a VanAlstine FET-5 preamp, Ariston turntable, Transcriptors Vestigal arm and Sonus Blue cartridge. I was lusting after Dayton-Wright speakers, Audio Research preamps, and Goldmund turntables.

rw

Florian
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
I am sorry buddy, i drew pictures for this guy how to place his speakers. I gave advice etc.. and he always spams these forums with this. Oh well i will be good :-)

E-Stat
11-28-2005, 03:04 PM
I am sorry buddy, i drew pictures for this guy how to place his speakers. I gave advice etc.. and he always spams these forums with this. Oh well i will be good :-)
Thanks. Maybe in time, he may be exposed to planars and see it our way. ;)

rw

Florian
11-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks. Maybe in time, he may be exposed to planars and see it our way. ;)

rw
Maybe :-)

Not to take this off topic, but i am rebuilding my DIVA crossover with stunning success. How are the crossovers in the Soundlabs? If its a single membrane design, it should be pretty simple i asume.

E-Stat
11-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Maybe :-)

Not to take this off topic, but i am rebuilding my DIVA crossover with stunning success. How are the crossovers in the Soundlabs? If its a single membrane design, it should be pretty simple i asume.
While full range, they use a pair of overlapping toriodal transformers. I opted for the "hot rod" version including Vishay resistors, Jensen caps, and "Sledgehammer" chokes.

rw

Florian
11-28-2005, 03:30 PM
While full range, they use a pair of overlapping toriodal transformers. I opted for the "hot rod" version including Vishay resistors, Jensen caps, and "Sledgehammer" chokes.

rw
Good choice! I am going for Audyn CAP MKP Plus and Tritec coils in my x-overs. There is pretty much nothing else in there. I am going to draw the x-over and post them here in the DIY section so you can have a look at it. I junked 8 switches and about 10 or so cables. Much shorter signal ways and quite a big improvement.

N. Abstentia
11-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Phthhthhthhhlll. Who would want those flat panel speakers? I'll bet they don't even have 10 watt amps built in, so how could they sound as good as studio monitors?

Daddy3Legs
11-29-2005, 03:32 PM

YOU !!!!!

JohnMichael
11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
You are one UGLY MF. Damn, ever kiss a girl in your sorry azzzzzzzzzzzz life?????

If I looked like you I'd lie on the train tracks in front of a 200 car freight train -- that way there'd be NO evidence that YOUR UGLY AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ was ever born, BBBEEEEEYITCH!!!!

Dammmmmmmmmmmm you ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SSSHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEYOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMM MMMM MMMMMMMMMMM, YOU STILL UGLY!!!!!

You have got to be a joke.

Pat
11-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Well Vanilla,

The way I see it is you are way ahead of me when it comes to even thinking about AUDIO, guess I was too busy trying to put food on the table. This hobby is a good thing if you stay with it, in a few years you may have a system that could keep up with the best of them.

Good Luck in your Audio/Video travels.........

GMichael
11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
You have got to be a joke.

I was wondering what would happen if these two extremes hit the same thread.

BRANDONH
11-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Here are pics of each studio monitors I am talking about. Both MA-10D and MA-15D.

MA-10D (http://www.edirol.net/products/com/MA-10D/images/top_L.jpg?px_fullquility_384564)

MA-15D (http://www.edirol.net/products/com/MA-15D/images/top_L.jpg?px_fullquility_384564)

Then look at these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=live/search/detail/base_pid/600910/
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/tn/3/9/6/322396.jpg