John Fogerty is back! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : John Fogerty is back!

Snowbunny
11-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Wow, just watched a story about his troubles with Fantasy records and when they played clips of his songs, I realized that this southern rock band was such a big part of my musical memory.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/27/sunday/main1075791.shtml

He looks and sounds as good as ever, at 60 years old!

SB

Davey
11-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Wow, just watched a story about his troubles with Fantasy records and when they played clips of his songs, I realized that this southern rock band was such a big part of my musical memory.
Yeah, if there was ever a story that demonstates how seamy the music business can be, and possibly also how dumb many artists can be, John Fogerty's the guy. CCR was one of the big soundtracks to my youth too, so it was very sad to see Fogerty lose the rights to his own songs, and then as a further kick in the balls, to even get sued by Fantasy for plagiarizing himself. I remember reading one time, and unfortunately I can't recall what artist it was that advised him of this, but it was during that time when he wouldn't perform any CCR songs because he didn't have the rights and was so mad, but that person told him that you gotta start playing your songs John, before people forget who wrote them in the first place. And so he finally comes around and starts incorporating some songs into his act and then his ex-CCR mates decide to hit the road with that whole idiotic Credence Clearwater Revisted thing, which was even worse. Guess he never did make up with his brother (who sided against him in the Fantasy dispute) before he died. Just a mess. Still won't talk to the other guys in the band that stabbed him in the back. Everybody lost except the record company.

Glad he's back! I've seen him recently performing on TV and he does still have most of that great voice.

Mark4583
12-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Have you picked up his new CD The Long Road Home? Sounds realy good, plus theres some info about what went on with CCR. Although its mostly from the CCR years its well worth the purchass.
CCR has always been one of my most favorite bands in the late 60's early 70's and Im glad also to to Fogerty back doing his thing.

Snowbunny
12-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Have you picked up his new CD The Long Road Home? Sounds realy good, plus theres some info about what went on with CCR. Although its mostly from the CCR years its well worth the purchass.
CCR has always been one of my most favorite bands in the late 60's early 70's and Im glad also to to Fogerty back doing his thing.

You're not Maf in disguise, are you?

I haven't heard his new CD. Does he still love those cowbells???

Snowie