image enhancer.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : image enhancer..

Whatever6750
11-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Whats it actuly do?

Ive been trying it and it sounds imo better, alot "cleaner" and less boomy on my cerwin vegas. Im just wondering what it actuly dose.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Whats it actuly do?

Ive been trying it and it sounds imo better, alot "cleaner" and less boomy on my cerwin vegas. Im just wondering what it actuly dose.

What image enhancers do is reduce the inter-aural crosstalk that occurs when the left ear hears the right speaker, and the right ear hears the left speaker. This reduces the width of the image and slightly alters the frequency response of the source. Image enhancers introduce anti phase signals designed to cancel the crosstalk which widens the soundstage to the degree that from a single point between the speakers you can almost hear some sound that seem to eminate from behind you. The best image enhancers are tailor made for the speaker(polk SDA comes to mind) however the Carter Sonic Holography cicuit worked incredibly well on all speakers.

Whatever6750
12-02-2005, 10:37 AM
When i posted that i had only used it on radio, When on a cd or something it sounds weird.. lol

abstracta
12-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Carver, not Carter.

I have an old pre-amp with the Carver circuit in it, and while it's not much good for properly mixed and recorded music, it helps add life to today's overly dynamically compressed recordings.

hifitommy
12-03-2005, 04:02 PM
the vegas arent known for their imaging ability!