3 Way Trade: Yankees get Manny Ramirez, Red Sox get Mark Pryor, Cubs .... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Way Trade: Yankees get Manny Ramirez, Red Sox get Mark Pryor, Cubs ....

Daddy3Legs
11-25-2005, 04:26 PM
get 6 minor leaguers and $100MM cash mostly from deferred payments. Hey, $100MM is a lot of money...........

Eric Z
11-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Are you kidding me, D3L? Then Prior has the best season of his life (better than his 18-6 year) and wins the Cy Young- my luck being a die hard Cubs fan my whole life.

I haven't heard this rumor? Is it a legit one? Is there such a thing?

Anyway, 6 minor leaguers and 100M- pretty tempting, but it all depends what Hendry will do with it.

Thanks for making me think of summer baseball when it's 12 degrees and there's 2 inches of snow falling on a Saturday night!

Daddy3Legs
11-26-2005, 09:37 AM
This was a trade discussed on WFAN in NYC and the talk was it wasn't likely to happen before the Winter GM meetings.

As I see it, this trade cannot possibly be pulled off because Manny would still have to be paid over $20MM per for the next 3 or 4 years and he will NOT approve a trade unless he gets at least a one year extension. He is a 10/5 player who is demanding a trade, but it has to meet his demands....he can reject it.

Also, who is going to cough up the $100M to the Cubs? Yankees/Red Sox together, just so the Red Sox can have the best rotation in the AL? Yanks would NEVER do that.

Lastly, the HELL would have to freeze before Cubs trade Pryor.

Interesting thought of Manny hitting behind A-Rod or in front of him - as well as Sheffield! Somebody will drive in 180 runs.

GMichael
11-26-2005, 09:38 AM
This was a trade discussed on WFAN in NYC and the talk was it wasn't likely to happen before the Winter GM meetings.

As I see it, this trade cannot possibly be pulled off because Manny would still have to be paid over $20MM per for the next 3 or 4 years and he will NOT approve a trade unless he gets at least a one year extension. He is a 10/5 player who is demanding a trade, but it has to meet his demands....he can reject it.

Also, who is going to cough up the $100M to the Cubs? Yankees/Red Sox together, just so the Red Sox can have the best rotation in the AL? Yanks would NEVER do that.

Lastly, the HELL would have to freeze before Cubs trade Pryor.

Interesting thought of Manny hitting behind A-Rod or in front of him - as well as Sheffield! Somebody will drive in 180 runs.

It wouldn't be the first time that h.ll was to freeze over.