Eq [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eq

Whatever6750
11-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Ok well i got an eq becuse for some reson i was getting little low end and it has came but not instructions and when i press tape m whitch is i think is tape loop which is what i use isent it?, It just dosent play anything. With tape m off the eq shows bars and such on the display. There some bottons on the eq i dont know what do.

If some one could help me out that would be great.

Whatever6750
11-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I have it, Tape/CDR out to eq in, Then eq out to Tape/CDR in

And on the eq im useing tape 1, theres also Main and Tape 2

PAT.P
11-25-2005, 11:52 AM
I have it, Tape/CDR out to eq in, Then eq out to Tape/CDR in

And on the eq im useing tape 1, theres also Main and Tape 2Try this on receiver Tape B rec to EQ input ,Tape B Play to EQ output.Tape A Play to CD player. Another way I use is CD output to EQ input ,EQ output to AUX .There a set up plan at the following http://www.servenet.com/docrepair/hookup.html

Whatever6750
11-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Here is the back of my rx

http://harmankardon.com/back.aspx?prod=HK%203480&cat=REC&sType=C&Region=USA&Country=US&Language=ENG&ImgName=HK3480B.jpg

Im not useing a tape deck. As for inputs i have my computer whitch is rca another computer rca also and then a cd deck witch is rca, Computer 1 is on video 2 computer 2 is on video 3 and cd deck is on cd.

From what ive herd i should be able to just use the tape loop and the eq will affect anything played.

Whatever6750
11-25-2005, 02:51 PM
help please :-(

Whatever6750
11-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Think it maybe the EQ. I tryed pre outs to imput on the eq and out on the eq to main in and it dident work.

Its an RCA 31-5001

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Here is the back of my rx

http://harmankardon.com/back.aspx?prod=HK%203480&cat=REC&sType=C&Region=USA&Country=US&Language=ENG&ImgName=HK3480B.jpg

Im not useing a tape deck. As for inputs i have my computer whitch is rca another computer rca also and then a cd deck witch is rca, Computer 1 is on video 2 computer 2 is on video 3 and cd deck is on cd.

From what ive herd i should be able to just use the tape loop and the eq will affect anything played.

A better place to place your EQ is between the pre-out, and the main in to your receiver. That is how my system was once configured. Take the pre-out, connect to the audio in of the EQ, and take the audio out from the EQ and connect to the main in of the receiver. This should allow you to EQ the left and right speakers only I should add.

Whatever6750
11-25-2005, 06:11 PM
A better place to place your EQ is between the pre-out, and the main in to your receiver. That is how my system was once configured. Take the pre-out, connect to the audio in of the EQ, and take the audio out from the EQ and connect to the main in of the receiver. This should allow you to EQ the left and right speakers only I should add.

Tryed that and for some reason nuthing played at all..

Whatever6750
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Got it working