Has anyone actually bought the new INXS disk? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone actually bought the new INXS disk?

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2005, 06:28 AM
They're in town here for a few days, and they did a couple of songs on the local morning show this morning. I have to say, that JD Fortune kid can sing. He had a pretty killer voice this morning. They performed their new song Pretty Vegas and Mystify. He did a pretty good job on Mystify. He's obviously been studying Micheal Hutchence's vocals. He did a good job of singing like Hutchence with all the little vocal nuances.

I've never been a huge INXS fan, but when I hear one of their songs, I do enjoy it. I'm just curious whether the new CD is any good from a song-writing perspective?

3-LockBox
11-29-2005, 09:47 PM
I couldn't bring myself to buying or liking this album, or finding any redeeming value in it what-so-ever. Hell, I may even refuse to listen to it. Not because its disrespectful to Hutchense, because other bands have replaced dead or wayward lead singers, and have been very successful (AC/DC and VanHalen, respectively). Its the show. I hate everything it represents. I appreciate INXS wanting to distance themselves from Hutchense and re-establish their own identity, but at the cost of their dignity? It will open pandora's box if this album is successful. It fuels the music industries' ''big hit, now'' mentality. It further kills off the notion of letting a band develope an audience and their own style (if that notion isn't already dead). Hopefully, the album will bomb, and scare off other potential bands for this show.

But I won't hold it against you if you want to buy it, as long as you review it for us ;)

shokhead
11-30-2005, 06:40 AM
I liked the show,it was fun and i hope the album goes gold a few times. If its good,its good.

ForeverAutumn
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
I did have a good trip. Thanks. :)

I didn't realize when I first posted this thread that the CD hadn't even been released yet! It didn't come out until yesterday. I'd just been hearing Pretty Vegas for so long already, that I assumed that the CD was released months ago!

I probably won't buy the new disk. I've never been a big INXS fan. But they are one of those bands that, when I hear one of their songs on the radio I enjoy it. I was asking more out of curiousity than real interest in the music.