Could I get an order of stuffing, please? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Could I get an order of stuffing, please?

Davey
11-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm hungry! Lots of gravy too. Thanks!

What are you thankful for around the ol' Rave Recsville? I'm thankful for the big bird this year. Andrew Bird, not the dead turkey decomposing in the refrigerator. What a brilliant album. Thankful to my buddy Sloshy for bringing it to my table. And I'm thankful for getting turned onto Micah Hinson by some of the good ol' boys here, namely Mike and tentoze and JDaniel, although I'm still not quite sure of the path this one took. It was transatlantic, for sure, but doesn't really matter as long as I'm somewhere on the route :)

And thankful for that whole big pile of eclectic (weird said diplomatically) stuff that I got from all you to put together that steaming pile of CRSV10. Still exploring some of those finds. Anybody that hasn't done one of these group comps should try it sometime. Lots of fun trying to combine the gas and water with the yin and the yang, and shape it into something you're not ashamed to put your name on ;)

Anyway, have a safe Thanksgiving all!

Snowbunny
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm hungry! Lots of gravy too. Thanks!

What are you thankful for around the ol' Rave Recsville? I'm thankful for the big bird this year. Andrew Bird, not the dead turkey decomposing in the refrigerator.
Anyway, have a safe Thanksgiving all!

Hey Sparky, better check your clock! And calendar. Thanksgiving was waaay over a month ago.

I'm also thankful for that Bird album. Surprisingly great ski tunes, however, not as great as the Green Day disk.

Happy Turkey Day to all you Yanks. (Do they still call you yanks? Is that politically incorrect? Heaven forbid that a Canadian would be politically incorrect!)

Are you still churning out those Turkey Day disks, Sugarbear?

Snowbunny
11-23-2005, 01:06 PM
New words - Political Correctness

"Failure" is now "deferred success" to avoid embarrassing losers. :D

Davey
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Are you still churning out those Turkey Day disks, Sugarbear?
No, due to the deferred success of the last edition, I decided to defer this year's success as well :)

Snowbunny
11-23-2005, 03:03 PM
No, due to the deferred success of the last edition, I decided to defer this year's success as well :)

Hehehehe... impressive use of the new vocabulary!

:)

Davey
11-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Hehehehe... impressive use of the new vocabulary!

Yeah, well, they don't call me anal because of my big ass.

Hey, I just checked and that Turkey Time comp actually looks pretty nice, especially when coupled with the companion Half Gone. But that was way back in 2001. Boy, remember how much better music was back in those days? Remember how much better my comps were back in those days? Remember when that monkeymen guy used to stop by here back in the old days? What was up with him? And remember Ms. Nomer? Where'd she go? Remember when you could still get a bag of Doritos for under 3 bucks?

Slosh
11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm thankful I'm not fat or bald. Oh, was I supposed to put that in PC-speak?

ForeverAutumn
11-24-2005, 06:11 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

JDaniel
11-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Well, I'm thankful for a wonderful wife and 4 great kids. And Mrs. JD is very tolerant of all my audio hobbies - collecting vintage gear, building a Home Theater, a gazillion cds and lps.

And what Slosh said too. Add old to that list as well.

JD

Davey
11-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Well, I'm thankful for a wonderful wife and 4 great kids.
Yeah, sure, take the high road and make me look like a shallow turkey monger! I asked what are you thankful for at Rave Recsville, not JDanielsville!

Merry Thanksgiving!

;)

Swish
11-24-2005, 04:58 PM

because I am fat and bald...and old too, which JDaniel threw into the thread.

Swish

JDaniel
11-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, sure, take the high road and make me look like a shallow turkey monger! I asked what are you thankful for at Rave Recsville, not JDanielsville!

Merry Thanksgiving!

;)
Hey, I said I'm glad Slosh isn't fat or bald. Notice ugly was left out. ;)

And I said something about a gazillion cds. Where do you think alot of them come from? My comp shelf must have 100+ on it. And swaps with toze/Mike account for quite a few.

And yeah, I'm thankful for all you guys too. Where else would I learn so much useless drivel about music????

JD

Dusty Chalk
11-24-2005, 11:11 PM
because I am fat and bald...and old too, which JDaniel threw into the thread.

SwishWell, if it's any consolation, I am thankful that those of you that are fat and/or bald are fat and/or bald; and for those that are not, that they are not.

I'm pretty easy-going that way.

Stone
11-26-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm thankful there's only about 1 1/2 of you around here that can confirm or deny that I'm either fat or bald, or both.

Hope you fellow Americans had a good Thanksgiving. So far for me, the Thanksgiving holiday has been a music-less one, but still good.

Slosh
11-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm thankful there's only about 1 1/2 of you around here that can confirm or deny that I'm either fat or bald, or both.
Is that one really large person? Someone's knocked up? Are you calling me half the man I used to be? What's the other half, monkey? Oh wait, I never met you IRL.

Forget everything I just said.

Swish
11-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, if it's any consolation, I am thankful that those of you that are fat and/or bald are fat and/or bald; and for those that are not, that they are not.

I'm pretty easy-going that way.

but maybe just a little on the plump sdie at the moment, but I can change that in a couple months. And I'm not really bald, but I think there will come a day when that sand trap on the top may shine through, and I'm not really old, or at least not as old as a few other geezers on this board, and they know of whom I speak. Not that there's anything wrong with being old, fat and bald.

Swish

Snowbunny
11-26-2005, 11:58 AM
but maybe just a little on the plump sdie at the moment, but I can change that in a couple months. And I'm not really bald, but I think there will come a day when that sand trap on the top may shine through, and I'm not really old, or at least not as old as a few other geezers on this board, and they know of whom I speak. Not that there's anything wrong with being old, fat and bald.

Swish

Psssst... hey Swishy? You're on the internet. We can't see you. No need to be so honest. ;)

Davey
11-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Psssst... hey Swishy? You're on the internet. We can't see you.
Good thing too, with those man boobs hanging down past the keyboard and the greasy combover hanging down past his nose. Gives me the creeps just the same.

Hehehe, hey Buns, didn't I do a birthday comp cover with that old honesty on the internet cartoon?

;)

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/hones.jpg

Dusty Chalk
11-27-2005, 01:13 AM
Is that one really large person? Someone's knocked up? Are you calling me half the man I used to be? What's the other half, monkey? Oh wait, I never met you IRL.

Forget everything I just said.I think he means that 3 separate people can confirm either one or the other, but not both. It's the new math.

tentoze
11-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Good thing too, with those man boobs hanging down past the keyboard and the greasy combover hanging down past his nose. Gives me the creeps just the same.
Eeeyewwwww. Ya'll nasty.

Swish
11-27-2005, 10:54 AM

at least not since I bought "the bro". It gives me all the lift and support I need to keep them out of the way while I type away on my keyboard. And no more combover for me, but my nose hair is getting kinda long and tends to get in the way when I eat.

Swish

Swish
11-27-2005, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=Snowbunny]Psssst... hey Swishy? You're on the internet. We can't see you. No need to be so honest. ;)[/QUOTE

I know you've seen my pictures in the past...or were they really pictures of me? Maybe I just posted pictures of someone else to make you think I look kinda sorta normal and not too ugly.

Swish