Still Listening to Kate Bush Aerial [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Still Listening to Kate Bush Aerial

BarryL
11-23-2005, 06:32 AM
I've had this one in for a week now on rotation. My opinion has improved.

Disk one still should not have been released except as a bonus disk. For the most part it is disappointing, although there are two or three okay tunes, including the "single" King of the Mountain, which I didn't think much of at first, but I like it better now.

The real album here is the second disk, called A Sky of Honey. For the most part it is built around Kate at the Piano with the usual double and triple tracked vocals. It is very mellow, and very artistic. Kate sounds great. Her singing is very relaxed. The album is a suite and really is one of those disks you have to listen to all the way through. No big hit melodies here, but it's all very nice and professional.

I've upgraded my opinion of this second disk to being perhaps the most cohesive Kate Bush disk ever. There are no Babooshkas and Hammer Horrors here, but it is solid and a good laid-back artistic listen. In fact, it really is what you would expect from Kate Bush at this stage in her life.

audiobill
11-23-2005, 06:56 AM
I've upgraded my opinion of this second disk to being perhaps the most cohesive Kate Bush disk ever. There are no Babooshkas and Hammer Horrors here, but it is solid and a good laid-back artistic listen. In fact, it really is what you would expect from Kate Bush at this stage in her life.

Thanks for the update, Barry.

Now, you really have me torn into pieces. Initially, I was going to pass on this one; now, I'll be buying (or asking for Christmas ;) As you are well aware, there's been tons of positive press over her 2-disc re-emergence.

I'm very curious, now.
Thanks-a-ton,

Bill