My current system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My current system

SpankingVanillaice
11-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I currently have my system using a Pioneer VSX-405 receiver and a pair of JBL HLS410 and I am using a JBL SUB135. I tried using the JBL S26 with sub but tooooo much bass and made it sound too boomy. So I decided to use the JBL HLS410 which really worked well with the sub. The sub goes low as 40hz and I tried to test it in 35hz but when the tone is at 35hz it is not that powerful since its -6db at 35hz on my sub. But at 40hz its only -3db so that's why I can hear it well on that freq. Of cource when it's 45hz I can hear that freq very loud compaired to 40hz or 35hz since at 45hz it's -0db so that's very cool. I have a program called TrueRTA so that's how I know what db is in what freq. :cool:

SpankingVanillaice
11-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Of cource I still use my Sony MDR-V300 headphones when I don't want my mom to hear my music when it's late at night. Or sometimes I just feel like listening to my music with headphones too.

SpankingVanillaice
11-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Most of my music's are in MD's instead of CD's. I have over more than 54 MD's and they hold up to 150min of music too more min than CD's.

N. Abstentia
11-22-2005, 01:32 AM
That's nice.

N. Abstentia
Thanks for sharing.

N. Abstentia
Later.

Florian
11-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Please dial 1-800-Ultra-Snot

Pat
11-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Good Morning

Pat
11-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Everyone

Pat
11-22-2005, 03:47 AM
it's a little chilly

Pat
11-22-2005, 03:47 AM
outside this morning.

markw
11-22-2005, 04:51 AM
now find someone who cares.

PAT.P
11-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Good Morning ,Winter is coming and need to find my boots .They are rated at -20degree and how do I know so ,I look at the weather station and go outside .If my toes dont get frostbite ,thats when I know.

PAT.P
11-22-2005, 01:38 PM
OK guys did'nt find my boots.What is the difference in temperature with socks and a pair of running shoe.I narrow down to 1pair of cotton or 1 pair of wool.What would they be rated in degree ?Your opinion would be gratefully appreciated.

GMichael
11-22-2005, 01:42 PM
It's a tough room.

Pat
Well that is a tough question to answer with all the variables involved. Were you hungry at the time or maybe the weave of the cotton was loose or tight knit.

Awwww to heck with it, a good cable discussion would be more interesting than this......... :p

Florian
Depends if Frosty the Snowman rolled up a sock and smoked it or if he was having fun with Vanilla Ice....damn i knew Frosty was cheating on me :(

j/k

GMichael
11-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Things You Can Only Say On Thanksgiving
1. Talk about a huge breast!

2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.

3. It's Cool Whip time!

4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!

5. Whew, that's one terrific spread!

6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.

7. Are you ready for seconds yet?

8. It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?

9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some!

10. Don't play with your meat.

11. Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.

12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?

13. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!

14. You still have a little bit on your chin.

15. How long will it take after you stick it in?

16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.

17. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!

18. That's the biggest one I've ever seen!

19. How long do I beat it before it's ready?

Happy Thanksgiving !

PAT.P
11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Come on guys this is serious stuff Im getting mad.Any of you ever tried putting a thermometer on running shoes in winter to see the difference between cotton and wool? Im looking for help its really getting cold in Canada.There a sale on socks but dont know what to get.

markw
11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
A four year old won't eat broccoli.

markw
11-22-2005, 01:57 PM
anybody can roast beef...

GMichael
11-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Come on guys this is serious stuff Im getting mad.Any of you ever tried putting a thermometer on running shoes in winter to see the difference between cotton and wool? Im looking for help its really getting cold in Canada.There a sale on socks but dont know what to get.

I'm so sorry Pat.P. I just had a bad day and had to take it out on someone. I'm better now.

So what is it you need? Cotton or wool? Can you get a pair of each and wear two at a time? And with this, what I mean is, one cotton sock and one woll sock on each foot. I don't think it makes much difference which one you put on first, but the wool might be ichy so try the cotton on first. Or you could try one foot with the cotton first and the other with the wool first. I don't know which foot (left or right) should get the wool first or cotton first. Maybe you can try it one way in the morning and switch in the evening. Do you think that if you put both cotton socks on one foot, say the right foot, and the wool ones on the other foot (left I guess) and then, uh, where was I? Oh, you might feel a difference. Have you tried jabbing your foot with a meat thermometer to see if you get -20? Maybe you should get two meat thermometers because you, uh, have two feet.

What do you think?

markw
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
the taste...

PAT.P
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Things You Can Only Say On Thanksgiving
1. Talk about a huge breast!

2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.

3. It's Cool Whip time!

4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!

5. Whew, that's one terrific spread!

6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.

7. Are you ready for seconds yet?

8. It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?

9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some!

10. Don't play with your meat.

11. Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.

12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?

13. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!

14. You still have a little bit on your chin.

15. How long will it take after you stick it in?

16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.

17. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!

18. That's the biggest one I've ever seen!

19. How long do I beat it before it's ready?

Happy Thanksgiving !Very funny :D But dont like sloppy second :p

GMichael
11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Does this, uh

GMichael
11-22-2005, 02:01 PM
help?

PAT.P
11-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm so sorry Pat.P. I just had a bad day and had to take it out on someone. I'm better now.

So what is it you need? Cotton or wool? Can you get a pair of each and wear two at a time? And with this, what I mean is, one cotton sock and one woll sock on each foot. I don't think it makes much difference which one you put on first, but the wool might be ichy so try the cotton on first. Or you could try one foot with the cotton first and the other with the wool first. I don't know which foot (left or right) should get the wool first or cotton first. Maybe you can try it one way in the morning and switch in the evening. Do you think that if you put both cotton socks on one foot, say the right foot, and the wool ones on the other foot (left I guess) and then, uh, where was I? Oh, you might feel a difference. Have you tried jabbing your foot with a meat thermometer to see if you get -20? Maybe you should get two meat thermometers because you, uh, have two feet.

What do you think?Thanks for advice ;) Might buy them both and could return before 7 days.Another question about thermometer ORAL,RECTAL or MEAT?

GMichael
11-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks for advice ;) Might buy them both and could return before 7 days.Another question about thermometer ORAL,RECTAL or MEAT?

Oral & rectal are the same, except for the taste. Use the meat for checking your meat. Just slip it in the little hole at the end.

Florian
11-22-2005, 02:45 PM
I see you guys can manage all by yourself :p

GMichael
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
I see you guys can manage all by yourself :p

Actually, we could use your help. Someone needs to spread sonic snot on the meat thermometer while Pat slips it in the little hole. I'll be ready with the hammer to drive it in to it's optimum depth.

GMichael
11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Is everyone ready?

Florian
11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
OK the ULTRA-SNOT is in place.......

GMichael
11-22-2005, 04:24 PM
WHAM!!

PAT.P
11-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Just a bit to much lubrication on that Ultra -Snot ,it came out of its neck and ejaculated its baste all over the ceilng.Another fine mess you got me into.

GMichael
11-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Clean up!
Isle 8.

L.J.
11-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Huh! :confused:

GMichael
11-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Huh! :confused:

Can you grab the mop over there and clean up the Ultra -Snot ,it came out of its neck and ejaculated all over the place.

SpankingVanillaice
11-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I found out a way to make it so my system doesn't sound soo boomy. What I did was I turned my sub's volume down then it doesn't sound too bassy. I am using the JBL S26 now with my JBL SUB135.

GMichael
11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
I once heard, that realizing the volume knob turns to the left as well as the right, is the first sign of maturity.

N. Abstentia
11-26-2005, 10:11 PM
I also heard that facing your speakers TOWARDS the listening position makes them sound better. I'm not sure though, I haven't tried it. Mine sound pretty good on the floor in the corner facing the ceiling. With towels on top of them.

Florian
11-27-2005, 12:44 AM
I once heard that those little strings called cables make a difference too. :p

GMichael
11-27-2005, 06:16 AM
I also heard that facing your speakers TOWARDS the listening position makes them sound better. I'm not sure though, I haven't tried it. Mine sound pretty good on the floor in the corner facing the ceiling. With towels on top of them.

I've never tried this your way. I like mine near the front two corners of the room. Not deep in the corners. Maybe a foot from the front wall and 3' from the sides. They point towards the center of the room intercecting about 1 foot in front of my nose. I enjoy it this way.

Florian
11-27-2005, 06:20 AM
I've never tried this your way. I like mine near the front two corners of the room. Not deep in the corners. Maybe a foot from the front wall and 3' from the sides. They point towards the center of the room intercecting about 1 foot in front of my nose. I enjoy it this way.
Well obviously you havent read the directions in the Ultra-Snot manual where it clearly states that you have to place them so that the drivers are face down on the floor and wired out of phase!

GMichael
11-27-2005, 06:23 AM
Well obviously you havent read the directions in the Ultra-Snot manual where it clearly states that you have to place them so that the drivers are face down on the floor and wired out of phase!

Hmmmmmmm..... What about when we get flooded again? Should I leave them face down or just split them with an axe? I'm sure MDF and hot glue would make a fine mess.

Florian
11-27-2005, 06:26 AM
In the case of a flood you need to kick out the drivers and sit in them, since they are also a boat! Just make sure you use the stand as a rudder!

GMichael
11-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Stand? Do I need stands? (keep in mind that I am usually sitting down while listening)

JohnMichael
11-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Actually, we could use your help. Someone needs to spread sonic snot on the meat thermometer while Pat slips it in the little hole. I'll be ready with the hammer to drive it in to it's optimum depth.

Damn I hate that I have been missing so much. I will have to schedule more time for posting.

GMichael
11-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Damn I hate that I have been missing so much. I will have to schedule more time for posting.

That's OK JM. We had an alternate catcher to take over for you this time. But I'll keep my hammer ready for when you're in the hood.

JohnMichael
11-27-2005, 03:40 PM
That's OK JM. We had an alternate catcher to take over for you this time. But I'll keep my hammer ready for when you're in the hood.

Good to know you are there for me. I have also missed out on some of the lovely postings by the human tripod with the bad attitude.

GMichael
11-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Good to know you are there for me. I have also missed out on some of the lovely postings by the human tripod with the bad attitude.

You weren't missing anything worth while. I wish I missed it.