The thing about Internet Bulletin boards is [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The thing about Internet Bulletin boards is

Snowbunny
11-21-2005, 12:01 PM
there's so many places on the web to get the information you're looking for, you're just lazy if you come onto a message board asking for information. You're obviously on-line so look it up yourself.

That's why I liked this place when we would all pick an album to listen to and post our comments.

Kinda like my IRL book club, without the wine.

Snowie

Stone
11-21-2005, 12:47 PM
there's so many places on the web to get the information you're looking for, you're just lazy if you come onto a message board asking for information. You're obviously on-line so look it up yourself.

That's why I liked this place when we would all pick an album to listen to and post our comments.

Snowie

Hey SnowTroll,

What's stopping you from having wine when you post?

Davey
11-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey SnowTroll,

I think it's pretty obvious to most of us that nothing is stopping her ;)

BinFrog
11-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Welcome to 1999. Do you also have a grudge with cellphones?

Snowbunny
11-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Welcome to 1999. Do you also have a grudge with cellphones?

Don't get me started! :mad:

I'm just waiting for the day employers get to implant a chip into your ear so that they can reach you 24-7 and there is no excuse for misplacing your cell or missing a call!

And voicemail! I miss the old days when you could lie and say there must be something wrong with my answering machine!

I'm not sure, but I think I'm turning into a Luddite.

Have a nice day. :D

Snowbunny
11-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Hey SnowTroll,

It just seems so.... what's the word? Pathetic? :p

Snowbunny
11-21-2005, 01:41 PM
I think it's pretty obvious to most of us that nothing is stopping her ;)

Oh, so that's the way its gonna be, eh?

Just give me a minute to search the archives for one of dbi's PUI* posts. ;)

*Posting Under the Influence

Slosh
11-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Just give me a minute to search the archives for one of dbi's PUI* posts. ;)

*Posting Under the InfluenceHow would you be able to tell one way or the other? :confused:

Davey
11-21-2005, 03:11 PM
How would you be able to tell one way or the other? :confused:
Yeah, I agree with him. The evil spirit drink barely dims my brilliant oratory powers, although it does make me more tolerant of the highly derivative nature of bands like Rogue Wave ;)

Davey
11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
I know it's a bit off topic, but who really cares after a couple bottles of wine anyway, so has anyone heard anything about the perpetually on and off the horizon Ray Davies album?
You betcha, Stoney! It's now streaming at the Scandinavian V2 site and scheduled for Feb release. Only listened to a little but sounds kind of kinky cool.

http://se.v2music.com/site/product.asp?ID=1589

Stone
11-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Stone
I know it's a bit off topic, but who really cares after a couple bottles of wine anyway, so has anyone heard anything about the perpetually on and off the horizon Ray Davies album?
You betcha, Stoney! It's now streaming at the Scandinavian V2 site and scheduled for Feb release. Only listened to a little but sounds kind of kinky cool.

http://se.v2music.com/site/product.asp?ID=1589

There's an EP scheduled for release this year, IIRC. I can't remember where I read that, though.

Snowbunny
11-21-2005, 04:46 PM
How would you be able to tell one way or the other? :confused:

Omygawd, Sloshi!

Did you edit the font in my *PUI post to make it look more professional??? :confused:

3-LockBox
11-21-2005, 08:00 PM

Snowie

Do you like cheese with your whine?

Dusty Chalk
11-21-2005, 10:03 PM
How would you be able to tell one way or the other? :confused:I can tell:

PUI - silly threads, such as, well, the silly thread; sometimes mentions beer. The word "ah!" can be read between the lines somewhere.
Sober - normal music, perhaps querying, such as the first post in the BSS thread.
Hungover - whiney, hey, how come we don't talk about music more here, seems like there aren't that many people here, where did everybody go, etc. It's Friday, post something, damit!

No, wait, maybe that's Finch.

Snowbunny
11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
No, wait, maybe that's Finch.

Hahahaha... Finchie's turning into our resident, "grumpy old man."

I can tell:

Yeah! So there, Sloshi! Thanks for backing me up, Duster. ;)

Snowie