MTV launches HDTV. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MTV launches HDTV.

ericl
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Too bad there isn't anything remotely watchable on MTV.

I want Comedy Central, and more movie and sports statios.

Smokey
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
MTV Networks is set to launch a high definition (HD) channel from January.

The US company will base its studios in the ski resort of Vail during the winter months and hopes to provide round the clock high definition programming, including three hours of live shows a day.

Tony Dunaif, an MTV executive, believes HDTV and music videos are a profitable combination, stating that young people "are the ones who will buy the sets first".

According to statistics from Kagan Research, 17 per cent of American households will have an HDTV by the end of the year.

Smokey
11-21-2005, 10:29 AM

One wonder if they have enough music video content in HD to fill out the time slot, or they will mostly be filled with reality shows as they are doing now. If latter-as you said, it will be a waste :)

GMichael
11-21-2005, 01:13 PM
One wonder if they have enough music video content in HD to fill out the time slot, or they will mostly be filled with reality shows as they are doing now. If latter-as you said, it will be a waste :)

Really ratty reality TV in HD. Oh boy! I can hardly, ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Smokey
11-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Really ratty reality TV in HD. Oh boy! I can hardly, ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

MTV has really lost their way. Looks like most of their program executives are fresh out of business colleges trying to do "new" things in youth TV domain. Alot of flashy programings, fast moving, and loud. Followed by sex driven commercials. And may be a video or two in between :D

GMichael
11-21-2005, 02:45 PM
MTV has really lost their way. Looks like most of their program executives are fresh out of business colleges trying to do "new" things in youth TV domain. Alot of flashy programings, fast moving, and loud. Followed by sex driven commercials. And may be a video or two in between :D

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz... cough, umpf.. huh? Oh yeah, MTV? My daddy like, threw me like, the best sweet 16 birthday party like, ever. All the girls like, wish they were me.

GMichael
11-21-2005, 02:50 PM

Oh come on. If you mute the sound and walk out of the room MTV isn't all that bad. Give it a chance.