Anyone With Panasonic HDTV Appreciate Some Fine tuning & setting advice [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone With Panasonic HDTV Appreciate Some Fine tuning & setting advice

EdwardGein
11-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I just got my Panasonic 34" HDTV Monitor (CT-34WX15) & would welcome anyones suggestions who have this or a similar Panasonic widescreen as to what you have the settings on- i.e. Picture mode- Standard, Cinema or Vivid, warm color, cool color, etc. & more Thanks

cam
11-20-2005, 03:40 PM
A few weeks ago I was at Sears playing around with this model and I kept coming back to the vivid setting. To my eyes in the store it looked really good. Having it in my own living room could be a whole different situation though. Get a video calibration disc or if you have any dvd's with the thx optimizer use it.

EdwardGein
11-20-2005, 03:55 PM
A few weeks ago I was at Sears playing around with this model and I kept coming back to the vivid setting. To my eyes in the store it looked really good. Having it in my own living room could be a whole different situation though. Get a video calibration disc or if you have any dvd's with the thx optimizer use it.

It looks really good. Right now my only problem is & it may be psychologically from being use to my Samsung TV's 30" picture, the picture somehow looks a bit darker then I'm used too but this might be in my imagination. I may try to use the video calibration disc- Help PAul PCI. Right now I'm on this site and another site trying to see the settings others may have on this.

paul_pci
11-20-2005, 04:01 PM
It looks really good. Right now my only problem is & it may be psychologically from being use to my Samsung TV's 30" picture, the picture somehow looks a bit darker then I'm used too but this might be in my imagination. I may try to use the video calibration disc- Help PAul PCI. Right now I'm on this site and another site trying to see the settings others may have on this.

Yeah, you need to use the calibration disc I have to verify your settings are optimal. Typically, "darker" will produce an objectively better picture and it's just a matter of getting accustomed to it, or saying, screw it, I want a bright picture (which can blur boundaries and colors).

Pat
11-20-2005, 04:02 PM
The calibration disc is a great idea, mine is an Avia disc and it made a world of difference on my 27" crt Sony flatscreen. I always thought of myself as being pretty good at the basic color etc. adjustments but the disc has proven otherwise.
When we go plasma it will probably be a Panasonic, the quality of picture is very nice.

paul_pci
11-20-2005, 04:04 PM
The calibration disc is a great idea, mine is an Avia disc and it made a world of difference on my 27" crt Sony flatscreen. I always thought of myself as being pretty good at the basic color etc. adjustments but the disc has proven otherwise.
When we go plasma it will probably be a Panasonic, the quality of picture is very nice.

I've got DVE and it made some good improvements and I thought that disc had a great explanation for the video adjustments and settings, unlike their non-existent explanation for the audio tests and adjustments.