trying some pics [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : trying some pics

s dog
11-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Just got a digital camera and im TRYING to post a pic of my system , not sure whats going to happen here.If i can get it to work i will post a few more pics later.

robert393
11-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Just got a digital camera and im TRYING to post a pic of my system , not sure whats going to happen here.If i can get it to work i will post a few more pics later.
Looking good........more pics?
Robert

L.J.
11-20-2005, 01:24 PM

Is that a fish tank?

Aquariums happen to be another hobby of mine.

GMichael
11-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Great pic. Keep 'em coming.

Eric Z
11-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Is that a bottle of Canadian Club is the right corner? Now that's another hobby of mine!

L.J.
11-20-2005, 03:59 PM
OK. I'm gonna try some pics also. Here's my setup and one of my aquariums with some Vega's next to it.

noddin0ff
11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Nice tank! is that a custom stand?

s dog
11-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Is that a fish tank?

Aquariums happen to be another hobby of mine. No that is a gas log furnace lots of people who i have showed this pic to think it is a fish tank. I guess it does look like one a little bit. lol

L.J.
11-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Nice tank! is that a custom stand?

No, I purchased it from a local aquarium store. I just threw some stain on it. It's 135gal. It has two holes on each side for a nice side view. Expensive hobbies are a bad habit of mine.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-21-2005, 04:48 AM

This is a nice clean setup, I like it. S Dog, did you measure your distances to all of your speakers from the listening position?

robert393
11-21-2005, 04:55 AM
OK. I'm gonna try some pics also. Here's my setup and one of my aquariums with some Vega's next to it.
Now that's clean!
Robert

L.J.
11-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Now that's clean!
Robert

Thanks. I kinda gotta thing for wood.

Pat
11-21-2005, 07:22 AM
This is a nice clean setup, I like it. S Dog, did you measure your distances to all of your speakers from the listening position?
That is a nice setup S.Dog...

Sir T, You are the first person to mention measuring the distance to the speakers.....it's something I've always done. ;) I even align my main speakers to the seating area with a laser light.

Here is an Integrated I would like to try someday with my Klipsch speakers........my pictures of the liv.rm. will not load for some reason.

L.J., All our cabinets are Pine wood too.

Kam
11-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks. I kinda gotta thing for wood.

........musn't make........ comment.... ...biting tongue....

:D

L.J.
11-21-2005, 07:56 AM
L.J., All our cabinets are Pine wood too.

The tank enclosure is oak. Not sure on the wall unit.

L.J.
11-21-2005, 08:01 AM

I shoulda show that one coming.

GMichael
11-21-2005, 08:45 AM

Just don't bite the wood.

Woops, that slipped out. Hmm...

s dog
11-21-2005, 08:53 PM
OK. I'm gonna try some pics also. Here's my setup and one of my aquariums with some Vega's next to it. That looks really nice.

s dog
11-21-2005, 09:58 PM
1st off thanks for the compliment, My front three speakers are about 10 ft from my main listening position. Im lucky i can set right smack in the middle of the three im looking right at the center speaker.I have surrounds on each side of my ears about 6 ft away and 6ft high on the walls angled down at the seating position, also i have a rear surround about 6 ft behind me and it is also 6 ft up on the wall angled down. The sub sets in the right rear corner of my room. The room is 12 ft wide and 18 ft long i used a rat shack sound meter to set things up, i set the level at 75 dbs the whole way around the room, sub about 80dbs.BTW my speakers are all klipsch synergys my front are sb-3s center sc-3 surrounds are ss-1s, sub ps 1000, receiver is a denon 4800 ,i have a outboard amp running the mains so the denon does not have to work to hard, this could be over kill because as we all kown the klipsch are very easy to drive, and it does not make 2 channel music sound any better well maybe a little bit, the amp is a 120x2 sonance 2120t which i picked up at the local dealer. I also have a denon dcm 280 cd player and a denon 1600 dvd player also a 4300 panamax surge protecter and a dish 811 hd receiver.This system sounds really good for movies, in HT i can hit around 97 dbs with sub off and a 110 dbs with it on with out blowing things to bits, i think it could do more but that is loud enough for me, how ever this system does not win any awards in the music department for some reason it just dont got it for music.BTW my tv is a 57'' crt toshiba h84 hd set which i just love , as woodman alway said crts are the best bang for the buck. and i agree.I also made the speaker stands myself they are about 40 pounds each.

s dog
11-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Looking good........more pics?
Robert that is one nice set up you got there

Pat
11-22-2005, 05:20 AM
S Dog,

Looks like it's movie time!...you did a nice job on your stands and having them filled will make a difference.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-22-2005, 08:19 AM
1st off thanks for the compliment, My front three speakers are about 10 ft from my main listening position. Im lucky i can set right smack in the middle of the three im looking right at the center speaker.I have surrounds on each side of my ears about 6 ft away and 6ft high on the walls angled down at the seating position, also i have a rear surround about 6 ft behind me and it is also 6 ft up on the wall angled down. The sub sets in the right rear corner of my room. The room is 12 ft wide and 18 ft long i used a rat shack sound meter to set things up, i set the level at 75 dbs the whole way around the room, sub about 80dbs.BTW my speakers are all klipsch synergys my front are sb-3s center sc-3 surrounds are ss-1s, sub ps 1000, receiver is a denon 4800 ,i have a outboard amp running the mains so the denon does not have to work to hard, this could be over kill because as we all kown the klipsch are very easy to drive, and it does not make 2 channel music sound any better well maybe a little bit, the amp is a 120x2 sonance 2120t which i picked up at the local dealer. I also have a denon dcm 280 cd player and a denon 1600 dvd player also a 4300 panamax surge protecter and a dish 811 hd receiver.This system sounds really good for movies, in HT i can hit around 97 dbs with sub off and a 110 dbs with it on with out blowing things to bits, i think it could do more but that is loud enough for me, how ever this system does not win any awards in the music department for some reason it just dont got it for music.BTW my tv is a 57'' crt toshiba h84 hd set which i just love , as woodman alway said crts are the best bang for the buck. and i agree.I also made the speaker stands myself they are about 40 pounds each.

Good show man, The T-man jumps on table and claps very loudly. I have the 65in version of the same television you have, one dang good display device. This is hometheater done well!!!

Pat
11-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Anyone for tubes? ....not mine, just something for me to dream about.

recoveryone
11-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Just had to thow this in

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/2055/logo6kt.jpg

robert393
11-23-2005, 04:14 AM
that is one nice set up you got there
Thanks S. Dog! The setup I have now is the culmination of many years of aquisition and up-grading. I finally got what I want and couldn't ask for much more. Well....I do plan on upgrading to this (http://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-HD2K-SYS.htm) projector (http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/tech_desc.jsp?tree=&model_id=MDL101489&itempath=&feature_id=02) in the next couple months! A friend of mine owns a store and has it as a floor model that he is going to sell to me.........we'll see?

Anyway, thanks again for noticing! And hope you are having fun with your setup!~
Robert