I need to connect a cable box with a coax output to my receiver that doesn't have one [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I need to connect a cable box with a coax output to my receiver that doesn't have one

gdomingu
01-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Hello,
My cable provider doesn't provide digital cable yet, so the cable box I have only has a coax audio/video output. My receiver doesn't have an input for an audio/video coax cable. Is there some sort of converter to convert from a coax cable to composite + left/rigth audio (or s-video + audio)?

Thanks,

woodman
01-12-2004, 02:07 PM
I assume that what you're after is to get basic video and stereo audio signals so that you can reproduce the sound through sometrhing better than the speakers of the TV set - correct? Further, your problem is that the cable box provided by your cable company has no outputs other than the RF connection with the threaded "F" connector that connects the cable box to the "antenna input" on an old-fashioned TV set.

I suggest that you contact the cable provider to see if they can't give you a different box that has audio and video outputs available. If that doesn't get you where you want to go, you can use a VCR to extract raw video and audio signals from the RF feed from the cable box. There is no other "adaptor" of any sort that will do the job that you need to get done.

GaToy
01-14-2004, 07:40 PM
There is another way you can do it. If you run the coaxal out to your VCR (granted in this case you would have to have a VCR). Then run the RCA's out of the VCR and into the reciever.

~C.C.~