I almost made a BIG mistake with my speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I almost made a BIG mistake with my speakers

Grandpaw
11-19-2005, 05:22 PM
I have ask in an earlier post about recommendations for some small speaker to mount on the wall and get rid of my floor standing models. It has been about three months since I had last heard my system due to hurricane Katrina.

I hooked them all back up and put on a cd and WOW was I impressed. I made a command decision after listening that I would be crazy to sell the speakers I have. The speakers I have are....

Fronts I have two Infinity Kappa 7.1 floor standing speakers
Rear are two Infinity Kappa 6.1 floor standing speakers
Center channel is a Infinity IL 36C
Sub is a Infinity SSW212 with built in 300 watt amp

I am happy to say that I changed my mind and kept myself from making a very bad decision. I am very happy with the sound they give me and I will just have to continue overlooking the fact they are setting out in the room.

Pat
11-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I've never heard your Infinity speaker before but I would guess just about any floorstander will smoke a small wall hung model.

Enjoy the sound......... :)

Dharris
11-21-2005, 01:19 PM
"I've never heard your Infinity speaker before but I would guess just about any floorstander will smoke a small wall hung model."

Enjoy the sound.........

You must be kidding right???

Dharris
11-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Kappa's are awesome by the way.

GMichael
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I have ask in an earlier post about recommendations for some small speaker to mount on the wall and get rid of my floor standing models. It has been about three months since I had last heard my system due to hurricane Katrina.

I hooked them all back up and put on a cd and WOW was I impressed. I made a command decision after listening that I would be crazy to sell the speakers I have. The speakers I have are....

Fronts I have two Infinity Kappa 7.1 floor standing speakers
Rear are two Infinity Kappa 6.1 floor standing speakers
Center channel is a Infinity IL 36C
Sub is a Infinity SSW212 with built in 300 watt amp

I am happy to say that I changed my mind and kept myself from making a very bad decision. I am very happy with the sound they give me and I will just have to continue overlooking the fact they are setting out in the room.

Good choice. Glad you changed your mind.