speaker upgrade for HT and music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speaker upgrade for HT and music

accastil
11-16-2005, 10:16 PM
i am upgrading my front speakers. i need something that would satisfy my taste for both HT viewing and stereo CD music listening. 1 characteristic i am particular with is the bass punch when listening to disco music. what particular speaker brands/models do you suggest for my options?

PAT.P
11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
i am upgrading my front speakers. i need something that would satisfy my taste for both HT viewing and stereo CD music listening. 1 characteristic i am particular with is the bass punch when listening to disco music. what particular speaker brands/models do you suggest for my options?How much$$$$$ is your budget?Do you have a sub also ?.

accastil
11-16-2005, 11:56 PM
How much$$$$$ is your budget?Do you have a sub also ?.
yes i do have a sub. willing to spend only up to $300

calegrant
11-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Athena is the way to go for that price. If you want bass with good clarity, there a great choice especially for that price range. I have the FS 1's with single 8" woofers and they put out more bass than a lot of 10" subs I've listened to.

Woochifer
11-17-2005, 03:23 PM
yes i do have a sub. willing to spend only up to $300

If you already got the sub, then the bass response of whatever speaker you get is not as important, since it your receiver will cut off the lower portion of the signal content that gets sent into the main and surround speakers anyway. Go for something that meets your needs and preferences. If you want a more aggressive sound, you should first try out Klipsch, JBL, and Definitive Technology's bookshelf speakers.