small sub help please. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : small sub help please.

enrique
11-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I've been posting all over the place trying to decide on a small sub.My room is 22.5 x 19.5.I think i've narrowed it down to either the def.tech supercube 1 or 2 and the martin logan grotto which i just heard today.I would appreciate any insight or suggestions on these subs.I really dont want to consider anything else due to making decision even more difficult.Please help if you can.thanks.

MikeyBC
11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Any reputable dealer who sells Martin logan or Definitive Tech. should let you try them out...especially if they have both and know they're going to sell one or the other. Then you'll know for sure what you like better in YOUR room.

enrique
11-17-2005, 06:58 PM
I actually went to magnolia today where they do sell both.I listened to them somewhat but the way they are setup there it was hard.The main speakers were overpowering the subs.Any how i then went to a dealer where i was able to listen to the grotto in a room that wasnt accoustically treated and was really able to give it a listen.I really liked this sub.I ended up ordering the grotto at a 20% discount.I should be getting it next week.Magnolia supposedly pricematch but why bother.