All I can say is WOW [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : All I can say is WOW

3db
11-16-2005, 05:52 AM
I picked up Yes's remastered "The Yes Album" on CD and I'm truly awwed by the engineering that went behind that CD. Everything is so crystal clear, the bass tight and accurate. I applaud the people behind this effort.

3-LockBox
11-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I picked up Yes's remastered "The Yes Album" on CD and I'm truly awwed by the engineering that went behind that CD. Everything is so crystal clear, the bass tight and accurate. I applaud the people behind this effort.

Fragile and Close To The Edge are even better sounding...as long as we're talking about the newest re-issues that is...But Relayer's reissue showed no improvement (sonically speaking) over the last remastered release from about 10 years ago, at least to these ears. As much as some quibbled that Fragile/CTTE were a tad bass heavy, they sound like a modern recording compaired to the sonics of their other releases, before or after.

N. Abstentia
11-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I picked up the entire remastered Yes catalog a few months back (for like $35 total! Thanks BMG!) and they are great remasters. Even Drama sounds good. Tormato? I guess you can't polish a turd.

3-LockBox
11-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Are you the one who liked the latest Spock's Beard?

How you like it now, after living with it a while (assuming you've had it a while)?