Speaker Stands for Mirage Omni 60's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Stands for Mirage Omni 60's

Justinian
11-15-2005, 06:24 PM
I need speaker stands for a new pair of Mirage Omni 60 bookshelves. I plan to use them as front mains and there will be two Mirage Omni Micros as rear surrounds. How should I position the Omni 60's in relation to the surrounds? Can they be right in front of the rear surrounds? (The center channel is on top of the TV and the Hsu subwoofer off to the side.) Should the stands be higher or lower than the rear surround stands - or the same height? I am looking at Omni Mount stands on eBay but there are different kinds and heights and I want to get it right. Thanks!

Eric Z
11-16-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm not sure about specific stands, but I do know that it varies with preference on the height of the speakers. Usually the fronts are at ear level and the surrounds may be a little higher than ear level towed in and down a bit. You can't go wrong with having them all at ear level. I recommend trying out a few different set-ups and keep what you enjoy most. I can't notice too much of a difference with my speaker set-up. I tried towing in my fronts, moving them farther apart, towing in the surrounds, facing them more down, etc. I don't think I have enough experience with speaker set-ups for my ears to notice small changes in the speaker set-up. I know some here can really tell- too each their own!

Good luck and enjoy!
Eric

Justinian
11-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks. This may be a silly question, but when you speak of "ear level," does that mean ear level when you're seated or when standing? Obviously, that will determine the height of the stands I decide to purchase.

bacchanal
11-16-2005, 01:57 PM
ear level when seated assuming that your primary listening position will be seated. you want to tailor your 'sweet spot', where the sound is balanced and sounds best, to be at your primary listening position. this is easier said than done of course.

here is a little guide that will help you with horizontal placement. of course the ideal speaker placement doesn't work in every room.
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/129023.html

Justinian
11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the link. I managed to pick up a pair of Mirage Omni Series speaker stands that were designed specifically for the Omni 60's. They normally sell for $180/pair, but I found them on Amazon.com for about $80.00 with free shipping! Man, this is my week for bargains.