RCA DLP lamp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RCA DLP lamp

66GTO
11-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, do I need help!

My 2004 RCA 61"HD DLP set has burned out the bulb. I have contacted RCA and a number of parts houses across the country. NO ONE HAS THIS BULB. I have been without my set for over a month with no end in sight.

Part # is:265103

Anyone please, with suggestions

Thanks

Richard

cam
11-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Wow, do I need help!

My 2004 RCA 61"HD DLP set has burned out the bulb. I have contacted RCA and a number of parts houses across the country. NO ONE HAS THIS BULB. I have been without my set for over a month with no end in sight.

Part # is:265103

Anyone please, with suggestions

Thanks

Richard
I can't help you buddy, but the whole lamp issue with all dlp and lcd rptv's is why I will never ever buy one. I have read about some people with Toshiba dlp's where the lamp burnt out within the 1 year manufacturers warranty. Toshiba will replace the lamp at no cost, great right, wrong, problem is the lamp is on back order 6-8 weeks. Big screen aint so big anymore.

Some people have said that you should always have a spare lamp on hand. But lets say the original lamp lasts 2 years and then frys. You screw in the new one that you have had on hand for the last 2 years and it frys in 2 months. Good luck getting any warranty on that defective brand new lamp you have had on hand for the last 2 years as your spare lamp. I feel your pain buddy, actually I don't because I will never have that problem. Good luck though.

And oh ya, I see this is your first post, welcome to AR.

edtyct
11-16-2005, 04:54 AM
You've tried Projector Lamp Central, Projector Zone, and Focus Technology, I take it, and they didn't have it, right? Did you run your search through Thomson electronics, which owns Proscan and RCA? Maybe you can get into the bowels of the company and get some satisfaction.