Pricing Recommendations for Selling 30" HDTV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Recommendations for Selling 30" HDTV

EdwardGein
11-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Would appreciate anyone recommending a good sales price for me to sell my Samsung 30" Widescreen 3064 HD Ready TV with remote & instructions, 1 year old in excellent condition with a 5 year extended Circuit City warranty till 2009. The TV cost me $750 new on sale and I paid another $220 for the extended warranty, plus tax on everything. The TV itself is very good but I want a 34" set in my bedroom. I originally was going to sell this to a friend, nothing is definate & I'm under no obligation, for $375 but this seems a little too low if the warranty is going with it. Anyone have any idea what would be a reasonable selling price for this set as I've described, both with the warranty & without. Thanks

recoveryone
11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey Ed,does that have a VGA (PC) input. I'm looking for a bigger set for the bedroom, but I need one that I can use as a computer monitor also. And does it come with a wall mount?

EdwardGein
11-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey Ed,does that have a VGA (PC) input. I'm looking for a bigger set for the bedroom, but I need one that I can use as a computer monitor also. And does it come with a wall mount?

Hi, definately did not come with a wall mount. As to VGA if I have time later on I'll look up or you can do a google search. Unless you lived in LA, with the shipping it wouldn't be worth buying from me. So far someone offered me $500 for it via Craigs List, which I'm debating as I don't like to have strangers enter my place. At least if I sold it on Ebay, I'd be paid in advance by paypal. Right now I fell in love with the following 34" HDTV which I haven't seen one bad review on & a tremendous amount of great reviews Panasonic 34" HDTV Monitor CT-34WX15
Price for this one is $1199 on sale & free delivery & basic installation

cam
11-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi, definately did not come with a wall mount. As to VGA if I have time later on I'll look up or you can do a google search. Unless you lived in LA, with the shipping it wouldn't be worth buying from me. So far someone offered me $500 for it via Craigs List, which I'm debating as I don't like to have strangers enter my place. At least if I sold it on Ebay, I'd be paid in advance by paypal. Right now I fell in love with the following 34" HDTV which I haven't seen one bad review on & a tremendous amount of great reviews Panasonic 34" HDTV Monitor CT-34WX15
Price for this one is $1199 on sale & free delivery & basic installation
Hey Ed, if you get the Panny, let me now how you like it. It will be early spring before I pull the trigger. I've still got time to change my mind.

EdwardGein
11-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Ed, if you get the Panny, let me now how you like it. It will be early spring before I pull the trigger. I've still got time to change my mind.

Yeah will do. I just bought it See My other thread. I won't have it delivered until I sell my Samsung HD TV The reviews on it on the Circuit City Site by customers were overwhelming
excellent & Circuit City reviewers are pretty reliable as opposed to those on Amazon.com
If I could have put in my bedroom, I would have gotten a second Mitsubishi 48" widescreen HD. I'll be curious as to when the price drops on this model. I have 30 day price protection Someone sold it for around $750 with shipping on Ebay but I'm kind of loath to buy anything used for over $450 on Ebay, especially a TV that's being shipped. There's what I consider an obvious con listing on Ebay for it now from some seller in a cough cough foreign country. I think he 's only charging a $100 to have this shipped from overseas. Yeah, right. Anyone stupid enough to get ripped off on something like that, deserves it.