Sub Question reguarding Radio and TV [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sub Question reguarding Radio and TV

mclifford
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello All,
I've recently installed the Sony dual10" Powered sub via a Subwoofer RCA cable to my Pioneer VSX-815 reciever.After hooking it up and going through the auto set of the reciever, the sub only comes on when watching a DVD. It wont come on when watching a movie though Directv or when listening to the radio or cd's.
Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I've read through the owners manual for the reciever and can't seem to find anything that helps.....
Thanks for any help !!!!!!

caniac
11-14-2005, 07:15 PM
I have a feeling I know what your problem is. Check and see if your main (L/R) speakers are set to "large".

If so, you need to change your subwoofer setting to "plus".

vxaudio
11-14-2005, 08:36 PM
i have the 815 and you cant trust the speaker settings. if your speakers are set to large and if you have a decent sub, turn all speakers to small and sub to yes, crossover to 80 or above. that will fix it and you sub will play alot more.

mclifford
11-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Guys,
thanks for your feedback, IT WORKED!!!!! Both of your suggestins worked. It sounds better if I set the mains to Large and the sub to plus.....
I feel like such an idiot, because I played around with that for a whole day and didnt get it..
Can't thank you enough,