T4F DVD Phenomenal [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : T4F DVD Phenomenal

BarryL
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I was cruising my local HMV after work Friday and came across a Tears For Fears DVD called Scenes From The Big Chair, which is a documentary about the making of their second CD. But the bonus footage on this DVD is a complete concert recorded in Santa Barbara, CA, at the outdoor bowl, in 1990.

This is just killer. KILLER I SAID.

Smith and Orzabel sure had guts on this one. The concert starts with Oleta Adams playing and singing I Believe at a grand piano perched centre-stage, and sitting on a four-foot riser where the drum set usually is. In comes some keyboards, some sax, some drums, some back-up vocals by Roland. She finishes and they go into their first song witht he whole band. About four songs in they play Woman In Chains on which Oleta kills. This song is the most phenomenal thing. Oleta is absolutely beautiful singing it with Roland, and the audience is blown away. Standing ovation. The concert never lets down, even when they give Oleta Adams the stage about half-way through the concert to sing I've Got To Sing My Song from her Circle of One album. If you didn't know better, you'd think that this was her show and her band.

Anyway, the band rocks, and it must have been some tour to see live.

The audio and picture quality are good, and it is now easily my favorite DVD. I watched it spellbound.

I haven't watched the documentary yet, which contains some live versions of songs not played in the concert, as well as a new interview with producer Chris Hughes.

I've been waiting for a long time for a live T4F CD, but this is a whole lot better. No T4F fan should be without this. You won't be disappointed.

Jim Clark
11-14-2005, 02:12 PM

This is just killer. KILLER I SAID.

Duly noted.

Thanks,
jc

BarryL
11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Duly noted.

Thanks,
jc

I still appreciate those T4F bootlegs you sent me, but you have to have this. Just make sure it's the new 2005 version because there is an original Scenes From The Big Chair without the Santa Barbara concert bonus footage.

Troy
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
I'll seek this out.

Thanks.

Dusty Chalk
11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
I saw them some time around the Sowing The Seeds of Love tour, and they were incredible live.

newtrix1
11-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks Barry, I've got this on my Christmas wishlist now too. Did a few searches, but couldn't find it for less than $25ish, if anyone finds a better deal please post it.

BarryL
11-15-2005, 08:01 AM
I saw them some time around the Sowing The Seeds of Love tour, and they were incredible live.

After Smith was gone. It was a great concert. No Oleta Adams, of course, but he had a bald, black, female bass player who did a great job with Oleta's parts. It was a party, and one of my most memorable concerts.

BarryL
11-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks Barry, I've got this on my Christmas wishlist now too. Did a few searches, but couldn't find it for less than $25ish, if anyone finds a better deal please post it.

I paid $29.99 in Toronto, which was the white sticker price. It might come down in price after the real fans overpay in the first few weeks after it is released.