What's wrong with me? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?

winegasman
01-12-2004, 11:23 AM
My audio system sounds good and I can't think of anything I want to upgrade or tweak. What's wrong with me?

Swerd
01-12-2004, 12:32 PM
My audio system sounds good and I can't think of anything I want to upgrade or tweak. What's wrong with me?

Mad Audiophile Disease (also called Audio Nirvana Nervosa or MAD/ANN syndrome) is an infectious disease of unknown origin that poses a serious public health hazard. It is associated with neuropsychiatric symptoms of obsessive compulsive behavior, phantom aural apparitions, delusions of grandeur, deposits of inert heavy metals (especially gold, silver, copper, and tin) in the ear passages, as well as decreased bank account balances. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has preliminary evidence that suggests the latest outbreaks come from imports from Canada or the Far East. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of vaccines to immunize against this scourge are planned for the near future. :rolleyes:

Please show that you care about those who suffer from MAD/ANN syndrome by listening to and enjoying your favorite music today.

TinHere
01-12-2004, 12:33 PM

As long as this condition doesn't persist I wouldn't be concerned as it sometimes afflicts those of a 2 channel persuasion. Reality should set in and we should see you wrestling to determine what to get in order to enjoy the technical advances offered by multi-channel formats.

Until that day comes cling to the feeling of contentment, and avoid listening to other systems.

Some may disagree with my assessment.

Hope this helped.:)

bturk667
01-12-2004, 02:58 PM
My audio system sounds good and I can't think of anything I want to upgrade or tweak. What's wrong with me? To upgrade or to tweak your system just the sake of doing so, well, that seems foolish as well as financial wasteful. People who love music, and realize that their systems are just the means to that end, should have no problem in doing so. This goes for audiophiles and non-audiophiles alike. As an audiophile, I've realized this some time ago. The only thing I plan on adding to my system is more music! I just can't get enough of vinyl!

jbangelfish
01-13-2004, 07:59 AM
I've decided what your problem is. You have reasonably good hearing. You have a decent analog rig in your system, this alone can cause undue satisfaction for years to come. This seems to be a very serious and common problem among vinyl admirers. We just don't seem to understand that we could throw everything in our systems away, then throw our albums and CD's away. Once we have purged ourselves of this wonderful sounding outdated junk, we can look forward to buying an expensive receiver, the more expensive the better because as we know, receivers have always been the benchmark for sonic perfection. Then buy 5 expensive speakers so we can underpower them with our receiver
and we can make all of our music sound like the last movie we watched.
After a year or two, we'll want to upgrade to 6.1 and then 7.1 and so on.
Once we start this process, we can keep ourselves in the poor house almost indefinately as the new superior mediums come into play. What a life it will be.
Bill

bturk667
01-13-2004, 09:18 AM