Saturday at the turntable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at the turntable

Mr Peabody
11-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Ah, finally a couple of hours of time where I can dig into my vinyl, fire up the VPI cleaning machine and enjoy some analog grooves. I first dug out Alice Coopers Greatest Hits. I heard the Ballad of Dwight Fry on the radio and wondered if it was on there. It was not and isn't on a later Best Of either. I wonder if they included it on his recent release Gold. Many of the songs on this album I had to skip because rock stations have just burned me out on. And that takes effort to get my butt off the sofa to skip a song. I could live the rest of my life without hearing Schools Out again.

So I then listened to Queensryche, Warning. This is still by far my favorite Queensryche album. I heard a song off of this album on a satelite radio station. It's cool to hear stuff like this some where, it lets you know there are people in the world with good taste like my own.

Then I played Zebra's debut album. A good album but where are they now. Of course, that question can be attached to a number of bands who started fast out of the gate to fall into a black hole. Well.... I'm not sure if you can say "fast out of the gate", they did have a video on MTV, but so did Vandenberg and I doubt if many people remember either of them now.

By now the guilt of my self indulgence is setting in and the tribe is getting restless, so I closed up shop until the next opportunity presents itself. I was on a roll too, I knew what I was going to play next before the album was over. Sometimes I'll go into the listening room and just don't know what I want to listen to. It's a shame to have a collection as large as mine and not be able to just go pick something out. Some times thumbing through them a title will strike me.

Bernd
11-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Hi,
I couldn't have put it better myself.Had a great 2.5 hours on Saturday and then the troops started moving about. Stopped as the dreaded guilt kicked in.Had a really good Pink Floyd/progressive rock evening. Enjoyed it.Yeah, well till next time.

Keep rocking

Bernd