Highest Freq [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Highest Freq

SpankingVanillaice
11-13-2005, 11:08 AM
What's the highest freq can you hear? I can hear up to 18kHz since I have good ears. ;)

PAT.P
11-13-2005, 12:24 PM
What's the highest freq can you hear? I can hear up to 18kHz since I have good ears. ;)Level of a dog .I knew people that trained dogs and were using a special training colar on the dog and a remote on them.Each time he would press the remote and sent a signal to dogs colar for some strange reason it would hurt my ears.They thought I was crazy so he decided to try at 50 ft away and is back turned the other way.Each time he would press it I told him and he tried at least 10 time.Man I had a headache for 2 days .So I guess I would above 20khz.Mind you Im also around loud pitching noise ,wife and kids. :D

GMichael
11-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Level of a dog .I knew people that trained dogs and were using a special training colar on the dog and a remote on them.Each time he would press the remote and sent a signal to dogs colar for some strange reason it would hurt my ears.They thought I was crazy so he decided to try at 50 ft away and is back turned the other way.Each time he would press it I told him and he tried at least 10 time.Man I had a headache for 2 days .So I guess I would above 20khz.Mind you Im also around loud pitching noise ,wife and kids. :D

So dog hearing really does count?

PAT.P
11-13-2005, 01:43 PM
So dog hearing really does count?And my vocal range is 4 to 41/2 oct,Im Cantor Tenor but could sing also in Falseto.

markw
11-13-2005, 01:44 PM
I can hear up to 18kHz since I have good ears. ;)Most people have good ears when they are young. I was good for 20k when I was in my early 20's. Age generally decreases the high end. So, report back in 20 years or so.

GMichael
11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
And my vocal range is 4 to 41/2 oct,Im Cantor Tenor but could sing also in Falseto.

Flexable huh?

PAT.P
11-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Flexable huh?The only problem cant sing in public.I work in churches and the Choir Director say I could sing as high as the Suprano ;) And no Im not a Castrato :D

JohnMichael
11-13-2005, 02:37 PM
And my vocal range is 4 to 41/2 oct,Im Cantor Tenor but could sing also in Falseto.

My favorite counter tenor is Andreas Scholl. His new recording Arcadia is excellent.

PAT.P
11-13-2005, 03:20 PM
My favorite counter tenor is Andreas Scholl. His new recording Arcadia is excellent.I'll have to give him a listen.Saw David Daniel at the NAC in Ottawa with my mother inlaw .Not to found of Daniel Taylor.The ultimate voice is somebody that could sing like Farinelli, but they be missing some b...s :D

JohnMichael
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I'll have to give him a listen.Saw David Daniel at the NAC in Ottawa with my mother inlaw .Not to found of Daniel Taylor.The ultimate voice is somebody that could sing like Farinelli, but they be missing some b...s :D

Oh my I hope Andreas has his. I have never heard any of the recordings of castrati. Nice boy soprano want to keep it. What a sacrifice for art.

PAT.P
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh my I hope Andreas has his. I have never heard any of the recordings of castrati. Nice boy soprano want to keep it. What a sacrifice for art.
The last Castrato died in 1922,he was Alessandro Moreshi there is a recording out but never had a listen to it.

SpankingVanillaice
11-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I tried listening at 19kHz or 20kHz but I dont't really hear nothin for somereason but I guess people say that normal people hear high as 16kHz and if your ears are really good you can hear 18kHz like me. I can say I can hear 18kHz but it's not that strong as hearing 16kHz for me.

PAT.P
11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
I tried listening at 19kHz or 20kHz but I dont't really hear nothin for somereason but I guess people say that normal people hear high as 16kHz and if your ears are really good you can hear 18kHz like me. I can say I can hear 18kHz but it's not that strong as hearing 16kHz for me. How did you test your ears frequency,a recording,a signal (test tone)?Most people could hear to 20khz,but for some reason men loose some frequency by the age of 40.

SpankingVanillaice
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
How did you test your ears frequency,a recording,a signal (test tone)?Most people could hear to 20khz,but for some reason men loose some frequency by the age of 40.I have a program called TureRTA and I play some tones and test to see how high I can hear. I use the program to test how low and high my monitors can go to. That's how I know my Edirol MA-10D really goes from 45hz to 35kHz but how I know it really goes 35kHz even I can't hear is since I use a mic to test tone my monitors.

bacchanal
11-14-2005, 07:47 AM
I can hear to about 18khz, of course I'm 25, so who knows how long that will last. Like those last few khz really matter anyway :rolleyes: !
I just got some samson r6a monitors. the box says 57hz-27khz, haven't bothered testing them yet, but I'm sure I will, because I like using my spl meter whenever I have an excuse to ;)

PAT.P
11-14-2005, 10:54 AM
My favorite counter tenor is Andreas Scholl. His new recording Arcadia is excellent.Just came back home with Andreas Scholl "Arias for Senesino"and could see why is considered the best Cantor Tenor.Thanks for info ,very relaxing .

E-Stat
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Most people have good ears when they are young. I was good for 20k when I was in my early 20's. Age generally decreases the high end. So, report back in 20 years or so.
When I was 18, I worked for a hi-fi shop that used an ultrasonic alarm that used a piezo electric horn. Whenever it was on, the squeal drove me nuts. I'm glad I can't hear stuff like that any more. :)

I visited a science center a year or so back that had a booth with a tone generator and headphones. I was good to about 14khz. Not bad for 48. I use ear protection whenever I mow the lawn, use the blower, etc. Double protection when I target shoot!

There is a lot more to hearing acuity than simply range.

rw

noddin0ff
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
18kHz? Isn't that like 102kHz in dog's ears?

GMichael
11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
18kHz? Isn't that like 102kHz in dog's ears?

Woof woof woof, bark, woof woof, bark
This translates to:
Woof woof woof, bark, woof woof, bark

nightflier
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
And no Im not a Castrato :D

I was just going to ask that, but thought it was a bit over the top. Good thing you answered that for us.
:D

JohnMichael
11-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Just came back home with Andreas Scholl "Arias for Senesino"and could see why is considered the best Cantor Tenor.Thanks for info ,very relaxing .

Yes what a voice what a talent. I am listening to him right now.

PAT.P
11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I was just going to ask that, but thought it was a bit over the top. Good thing you answered that for us.
:DSound better from my mouth . When my better half sent me to the vet after my son was born I did make sure they did'nt removed them :rolleyes: