IKON Audio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : IKON Audio

Mr_Audio_man19
11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
anyone ever heard of these speakers? I have the oppurtunity to get most of what i paid on my nuance speakers back in my pocket and i listened to these ikon speakers several months ago and they sound pretty kick ass. someone get back to me.

p.s. heres a link to the ikon website
www.ikon-audio.com

im looking at models CM6800, and CM6500

N. Abstentia
11-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't know anything about them, but doing a search for 'Ikon Speakers' brings up white van speakers sold by a store called Ikon Audio on Ebay....so don't confuse the two. The real Ikon's look pretty slick.

Mr_Audio_man19
11-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't know anything about them, but doing a search for 'Ikon Speakers' brings up white van speakers sold by a store called Ikon Audio on Ebay....so don't confuse the two. The real Ikon's look pretty slick.

Whats really different is the subwoofer connection... its just a single positive and negative connection on the back of the speaker and the subwoofer gets its signal from the main speaker. Its kinda like having stereo subwoofers. on the sub amp there are 3 settings -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB.

the store that carries these things used to carry nuance, but now nuance has been discontinued there... this worries me a little , but if you go to the speaker website, the speakers have full specifications, and are distributed by JAM industries which is pretty reputable.

Mr_Audio_man19
11-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Also, the drivers and subwoofers look very similiar to infinity... except the tweeters are soft dome

Florian
11-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Watch out with these! Besides that there is no dealer listening the specs seem to conventional and unprecise. Side firing subwoofers have integration problems in some rooms and those 800 watt specs remind of a best buy ad. BEFORE you buy those, (how much are they?) have a listen with your own equipment and listen to other speakers too.

Cheers

Flo

PS: "Ikon Powered Systems produce unrivaled bass performance for the ultimate in Cinema and Music enjoyment." The subwoofer is no were close subsonice info or true bass. Also the "technical" papers describe a liquid cooled soft dome tweeter found in AR, Infinity and others. The info on a 2, 2.5 and 3 way speaker are not all that either.

They might be ok, but becarefull with your green

Mr_Audio_man19
11-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Watch out with these! Besides that there is no dealer listening the specs seem to conventional and unprecise. Side firing subwoofers have integration problems in some rooms and those 800 watt specs remind of a best buy ad. BEFORE you buy those, (how much are they?) have a listen with your own equipment and listen to other speakers too.

Cheers

Flo

As I was a little worried because these guys are former nuance dealers i decided to contact Ikon Directly for some MSRP's and they gave me the following...
CM500 $399 pr

CM600 $499 pr

CM550 $799 pr

CM650 $999 pr

CM6200 $1999 pr

CM6500 $2999 pr

CM6800 $3999 pr

CM515 $399

CM616 $499

CM10S $499

CM12S $599

This is in Canadian Dollars by the way.

Florian
11-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a scam.

They have high retail prices and then give big discounts so people feel like they got a good deal. Keep your green away from that and listen to some other ones. I will gladly help you on your search as i am sure all of us do too!

:-)

Mr_Audio_man19
11-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Well I checked it out, these guys are legit... these things are all part of the harman family... so harman kardon, Jbl, infinity, Lexicon, etc. They are part of Ericson Consumer/ Jam industries which is huge. Most importantly , they sound really good.