Trans Siberian Orch Redux [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Trans Siberian Orch Redux

jack70
01-12-2004, 07:09 AM
I know there was some interest here about these guys last month, so I thought I'd share this...

A friend of mine in the next town saw them Dec-28. They played 3 miles up the road (10k sized Arena). He's been exchanging e-mails with Chris Caffery for some time. Here's an excerpt he wrote me:

Here's a shot I took of Chris Caffery from Trans Siberian Orchestra. I gave him the shirt before the concert. He usually wears something from whatever venue they are in, and we figured UCONN would get more of a reaction than a Suns shirt. They (TSO) wear tuxes for most of the show except for when Chris introduces the band.

I should mention that both UConn basketball teams are HUGE in the state. The women are defending national champs. The men are currently ranked #1, and just destroyed #6 ranked Okalahoma yesterday. I've been a UConn fan myself for decades, and even have some hoop photo stories of em on my web site.

It's a nice touch (the T-shirt thing). I didn't see the concert though.

ForeverAutumn
01-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Yep. He wore a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey when they played T.O. It's an old trick but gets a positive rise from the audience every time.

That's cool that your friend corresponds with him. If you go back and read my review of the show that I saw (I don't know how to put in a link to it), I commented on how personable and entertaining the front man was. Chris was the guy, I just didn't know his name.

Thanks for sharing that Jack.

P.S. How come you don't send me your timemasheen comps anymore? Don't you like me? :(