Pictures of ribbons (closeup) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of ribbons (closeup)

Florian
11-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Well here are some ribbons pictures.

Can we please move some air? Yes we can :p

http://www.apogeeclub.de/divabass.jpg

Here is a back picture of the midrange ribbon and the twweter ribbon. The black stuff all over the back right are all MAGNETS :D

http://www.apogeeclub.de/divaback.jpg

Here is a shot of all the magnets behind the woofer panel...

http://www.apogeeclub.de/divaback2.jpg

GMichael
11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow, great shuffle board court. When do we play?

Florian
11-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I just love these babies! :D
You can see all the magnets behind the woofer panel. Oh great air pushers ;)

GMichael
11-07-2005, 11:43 AM
That's cool. It's good to love your equipment. Do you pollish them every day?

Florian
11-07-2005, 11:51 AM
That's cool. It's good to love your equipment. Do you pollish them every day? Yes i do, and i dust all my equipment daily. This system is my pride, my holy grail and i have worked my ass off to get so far and it takes a royal space in my heart. Its not just a hobby for me, good sound is a way of life! I dont seek a cute system, or in a budget. I seek perfection and try to get their on my budget and if it doesnt match then i save until i get it. :D

GMichael
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
So here's a tricky question for you? Where do you go from here? You already have your idea of perfection. Now what will you upgrade? Maybe it's time to get some surrounds? What could you use that would match? Could you use some MC1's or did Apogee make some you could bring back to life?

Florian
11-07-2005, 12:23 PM
So here's a tricky question for you? Where do you go from here? You already have your idea of perfection. Now what will you upgrade? Maybe it's time to get some surrounds? What could you use that would match? Could you use some MC1's or did Apogee make some you could bring back to life?
Good question, there is a simple answere.

A: I have no wishes, i have never heard a better system in my life.

I would like a bigger room when i get the chance and just try some more more equipment, but no upgrade plans. I had a full blown HT and liked it, but i have no interest in multi channel anymore.

Now its off to collect CD's and Records and enjoy.

-Flo

GMichael
11-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Good question, there is a simple answere.

A: I have no wishes, i have never heard a better system in my life.

I would like a bigger room when i get the chance and just try some more more equipment, but no upgrade plans. I had a full blown HT and liked it, but i have no interest in multi channel anymore.

Now its off to collect CD's and Records and enjoy.

-Flo

But what about movies? Don't you want to see some of you favorite movies in full blown DTS on your kick-ars system? Just think how incredable it would sound. Many movies have good sound tracks. Why not have the best of both worlds? Even a few MMGC's around the room would be better than nothing. What do you watch movies on now? Just think how much better they would sound over your Apogees.

Florian
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, i have no interest in that. Here is how it looks when i watch a DVD.

http://www.apogeeclub.de/divaht1.jpg
http://www.apogeeclub.de/divaht2.jpg

I have no use for subwoofers since the DIVA starts to drop off at 23Hz by 1db. No point in a center channel since you can pin point everything.
I have some BOX speakers "WOOOO" here that i can use. They are some of the best bookshelfs avaliable...

http://www.apogeeclub.de/626.jpg

I can run a big HT no problem since i still have some .5 maggies and enough power amps. I could buy a Denon AVC1-SE but i just dont want surround sound or DTS. Had it already and THX processing also, but well i just dont want it anymore.

-Flo

GMichael
11-07-2005, 01:18 PM
OK, not your cup of tea I guess. Enjoy the 2 channel. Ever get those records from your "older gentleman" friend?

Florian
11-07-2005, 01:23 PM
OK, not your cup of tea I guess. Enjoy the 2 channel. Ever get those records from your "older gentleman" friend?
Well i was going to get them this week, but we moved our apointment two weeks since i will be teaching the entire next week. And this week just didnt fit in.

-Flo

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Maybe it will fit in next time.

Florian
11-07-2005, 02:08 PM
I am sure it will, he wants to audition these also. And i dont do auditions less then 3 hrs :D

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Only 3 hours? Are you sure you can get it all to fit in with only 3 hours?

Florian
11-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Well not all the records, but i think that noone can judge an audio system by listen to one or two cuts of music like RGA said he did. It takes time and i give all my customers and friends this time. Eventough it is highly unesessary on these :D

rockecat
11-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Very very cool stuff, I would love to hear it, but alas hear I am stuck in the woods
with some old vintage stuff :)

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:16 PM
So, bigger is better? And longer is best?

Florian
11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Very very cool stuff, I would love to hear it, but alas hear I am stuck in the woods
with some old vintage stuff :)
Vintage can be great! Apogees are over 20 years old too and in my book are still the best sounding speakers. Your welcome for a listen or two with some good bavarian beer :D

Florian
11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Well depends on what we are talking about here :p
If its sex then the bigger the breasts the longer the sex...mmh i dont know! LOL

rockecat
11-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Latst night was date night with my bride of of 25 years and I swear some things get better with age, kinda like my old speakers they have a very nice patina after 25 plus years of being oiled up. This thread will now degrade I can feel it :eek:

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Latst night was date night with my bride of of 25 years and I swear some things get better with age, kinda like my old speakers they have a very nice patina after 25 plus years of being oiled up. This thread will now degrade I can feel it :eek:

How do you know? Do you have crystal balls?

rockecat
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
No crystal ball's but I can read a tweeter!!

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
No crystal ball's but I can read a tweeter!!

Read a tweeter? OK, you got me. What does that mean?

rockecat
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Read a tweeter? OK, you got me. What does that mean?

Doh! check your PM

rockecat
11-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Vintage can be great! Apogees are over 20 years old too and in my book are still the best sounding speakers. Your welcome for a listen or two with some good bavarian beer :D

Hey Flo ,thank's for the offer I can bring some Ozark moonshine with me.

Florian
11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
This thread cannot go downhill with such fine people and a little fun. I dont post these threads to advertise, but to share my knowledge and hobby with others. Ribbons are quite rare especially those really big ones and i think its pretty cool for some people to see them.

Keep the crystal ball out of this tough :p

rockecat
11-07-2005, 04:51 PM
This thread cannot go downhill with such fine people and a little fun. I dont post these threads to advertise, but to share my knowledge and hobby with others. Ribbons are quite rare especially those really big ones and i think its pretty cool for some people to see them.

Keep the crystal ball out of this tough :p

I would really like to hear some, maybe there is a dealer in Kansas city or St Louis.

GMichael
11-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Doh! check your PM

No PM yet. Are you teasing me?

Florian
11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Well Apogee is out of buisiness but a new company called Perigee is building them again. But there will not be a model below 10K as far as i know, BUT give the big Maggies a try they are similar in sound. Unfortunatly they only use ribbons in the tweeter section but its as close as you can get. But if you send me your location i can ask in our forum who lives close to you so that you can have a listen.

Cheers

GMichael
11-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Well Apogee is out of buisiness but a new company called Perigee is building them again. But there will not be a model below 10K as far as i know, BUT give the big Maggies a try they are similar in sound. Unfortunatly they only use ribbons in the tweeter section but its as close as you can get. But if you send me your location i can ask in our forum who lives close to you so that you can have a listen.

Cheers

Maggies in KS.

http://www.magnepan.com/dealers.php

rockecat
11-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Cheers

Hey Flo, I am smack in the middle between Kansas city and St Louis
the beautiful city of Columbia ,Mo

Bernd
11-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey Flo,
Thanks for the pics of the Ribbons.Very impressive.

Peace

Bernd