Pioneer DVD players/class action lawsuit [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DVD players/class action lawsuit

hair-old
11-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Pioneer DVD players are now in several class action lawsuits in different
states.Visit www.pioneerdvdclassaction.com for more info.I am happy this
company is getting the shot in the shorts they deserve.

kexodusc
11-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Hmm, wonder if AR.com knows they're being linked to on that sight?

You won't find an electronics company anywhere that doesn't have a class action suit against it for something. Funny thing is it's usually about QC problems with the entry level components. Ya get what you pay for, I guess. I've owned 3 different brands of DVD players in the last year. All of them have had problems. Doh. Guess I should quit being so cheap.

I know Pioneer's had a rough time with their entry level DVD players the last few years. Heard good things about the Elite models though. Sometimes that extra $50 goes a long way.

ericl
11-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Hmm, wonder if AR.com knows they're being linked to on that sight?

Heh, we do now! Maybe we should sue them?

hair-old
11-11-2005, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=kexodusc]Hmm, wonder if AR.com knows they're being linked to on that sight?

You won't find an electronics company anywhere that doesn't have a class action suit against it for something. Funny thing is it's usually about QC problems with the entry level components. Ya get what you pay for, I guess. I've owned 3 different brands of DVD players in the last year. All of them have had problems. Doh. Guess I should quit being so cheap.

I know Pioneer's had a rough time with their entry level DVD players the last few years. Heard good things about the Elite models though. Sometimes that extra $50 goes a long way.[/QUOTE
I was in Germany this summer a got to play with my cousins PAL/DVD player.
Toshiba with zone free swiss mods.Flawless preformance,plays anything you put in it.
Sony cant make a upconverting DVD player that works so they are dreaming if they
think their death ray system will work,watch for mega lawsuits in the HD dvd wars.
Europe has had HD tv since 1965.USA needs to go to this trouble free PAL format,
best picture ive ever seen!]