I been thinking [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I been thinking

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I was thinking about this since you guys always say that my JBL Studio Series S26 doesn't sound good but do you guys know that my speakers sound better than the JBL Northridge E series since technicaly the JBL E Series is combined orginal Northridge Series and Studio Series into one series and that's the E Series. So technical my S26 is way better than the Northridge E Series since first it costs twice as much as the E30's from the E Series even both are 6in woofers. According to the specs the Studio Series was alot better build and sound than the E Series that came out. But of cource the Studio L Series are alot better than the Studio Series since the Studio L Series is an upgraded version of the Studio Series.

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 08:20 PM
How do I know these facts? Its because I contacted JBL tech support many times and asked every question there is about there speakers.

point_and_shoot
11-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I was thinking about this since you guys always say that my JBL Studio Series S26 doesn't sound good but do you guys know that my speakers sound better than the JBL Northridge E series since technicaly the JBL E Series is combined orginal Northridge Series and Studio Series into one series and that's the E Series. So technical my S26 is way better than the Northridge E Series since first it costs twice as much as the E30's from the E Series even both are 6in woofers. According to the specs the Studio Series was alot better build and sound than the E Series that came out. But of cource the Studio L Series are alot better than the Studio Series since the Studio L Series is an upgraded version of the Studio Series.

Why do I get the feeling that you somehow desire our approval of what you own. Who cares? If you like it then great, recommend them to someone asking for advice. Personally (just my opinion) I would not own JBL (well I guess I would if they were free or a GREAT deal and I didn't have any other choices) but that is just me. You seem to really like what you have...so go turn it on and listen to it.

dingus
11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
expense is not an indication of good sound, Bose being a great example of this. on the other side of the coin, i recently picked up a pair of Teledyne AR-91's in very good condition for $40. check out the 91's and other great AR speakers at http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/ar/ar-9/ar9series.htm.

i'm not saying your S26's are junk, but with a little patience, research and leg work, you can get a much higher quality of speaker for relatively little money. these days JBL is not the same company that once produced a lineage of excellent speakers. http://www.audioheritage.org/ is where you will find the real JBL speakers.

royphil345
11-07-2005, 02:46 AM
... Or they had to make a better sounding speaker at a lower price to stay in business... Especially when the Athenas hit Best Buy... Would they tell you that? Drivers in the Studio and E Series are extremely similar. E Series sounds a little richer to me. Haven't heard the Studio L Series yet. Looks like there might be some hope. The added supertweeter might add some needed life and depth to the highs and cure the only real weakness I heard in the E Series.

Looks to me like the first Studio Series was just a brighter version of the Northridge Series. They decided this was a mistake and came out with the more neutral E Series and the Studio L Series which seems to aim at being more detailed instead of just more bright sounding.

Florian
11-07-2005, 04:07 AM
I been thinking Gratulations!

Bernd
11-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Did it hurt!

Bernd

markw
11-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Well, that's a first for you. Remember that when you get lost in thought, it's only because it's unfamiliar territory for you.

SpankingVanillaice
11-07-2005, 08:36 AM
I put away the Edirols and I am now using the JBL S26's again and since its been a while since I heard these and I acutaly think they sound more full sound than the Edirol ones since the S26 are bigger speakers and more powerful. They do sound very clear too since it uses pure titanium tweeters rather than polycarbonated dome tweeters that the Edirol MA-10D uses. I think there is more punchy bass on the S26 and not boomy bass at all I noticed.

GMichael
11-07-2005, 08:39 AM
You should use the ones you like best. Enjoy the music. If they make you happy then you don't need anything else.

SpankingVanillaice
11-07-2005, 09:01 AM
The speakers I really wanted was the JBL S38 since those were like wooooo they sounded great like a pro studio monitor but they were tooooo expensive. I was even lucky to even aford the JBL S26 since those were expensive too. But I decided that instead of getting the Northridge Series N38 or the N28's I got the cheapest Studio Series speakers since I really did hear the difference on the two series. Studio Series were alot clear and precise and realistic sounds to me. I was shocked when I heard the Studio Series. The Northridge Series didn't have the deep punchy bass like the Studio Series did. The bass was more like normal speakers sounded. I dont know how can the Studio Series have more punchy bass even they both are similar. But I guess since the Studio Series costed twice as much that's why they sound twice the better so that's cool.

Florian
11-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Just out of interest, why do you see yourself spanking Mr.Ice who is properbly surrounded by hot chicks all day long?

GMichael
11-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Just out of interest, why do you see yourself spanking Mr.Ice who is properbly surrounded by hot chicks all day long?

Who would you rather see him spank?

Florian
11-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears (his age), or any other hot women babe.

GMichael
11-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears (his age), or any other hot women babe.

Jessica Alba?

Florian
11-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Anything is better the the Cube!

Mike Anderson
11-07-2005, 01:47 PM
How do I know these facts? Its because I contacted JBL tech support many times and asked every question there is about there speakers.

I'll bet JBL tech support really loves hearing from you.

Florian
11-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Those guys should get some caller ID :D

JohnMichael
11-07-2005, 02:17 PM

SVI looks way too young for me to make a comment.

Florian
11-07-2005, 02:23 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"> <tbody><tr><td>Birthday:
December 17, 1984 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Your Listening Style:
Audiophile </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Primary Interest:
2-Channel Audio </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Equipment List:
Kenwood AM-FM stereo receiver KR-A5020, JBL S26, Sony MZ-N420D, Sony MDR-V300 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Experience:
10 </td> </tr> <tr> <td> City, State:
Omaha, NE </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Occupation:
Student </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Other Interests:
Boys, Computers, Games, Trees, Golf, Weather, Music and Dinosaurs. </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Biography:
Hi my name is Dallas and I am into pro audio and I am into computer games. I am 100% gay boy.</td></tr></tbody> </table>

He is definetly old enough and surely knows his sexual orientation which is fine!

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:25 PM

Go for it! Got cuffs?

JohnMichael
11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
SVI, well I am proud of you being out! I did not know anyone else was out on AudioReview.

GM yes I do have cuffs and I am usually in them.

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:36 PM
SVI, well I am proud of you being out! I did not know anyone else was out on AudioReview.

GM yes I do have cuffs and I am usually in them.

I thought you liked doing the driving. Oh well, you'll be the spany instead of the spanker then.
Think of how young it will make you feel.

noddin0ff
11-07-2005, 02:43 PM

before you start PMing...

JohnMichael
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
before you start PMing...

That's one hell of a makeover. Either way I am glad there is another multicolored flag waving member besides myself.

GMichael
11-07-2005, 02:54 PM
That's one hell of a makeover. Either way I am glad there is another multicolored flag waving member besides myself.

I know a few tri-sexuals. Do they count?

JohnMichael
11-07-2005, 03:11 PM
I know a few tri-sexuals. Do they count?

You mean they will try anything.

JohnMichael
11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought you liked doing the driving. Oh well, you'll be the spany instead of the spanker then.
Think of how young it will make you feel.

My relationship is based on mathematics. 32 goes into 49 more times than 49 goes into 32.

noddin0ff
11-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Ah... they divide?

rockecat
11-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Maybe somebody could come up with a poll and we could vote on a new user name
for our friend. I think Spanking Monkey would work. :D

GMichael
11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
You mean they will try anything.

That's them. And I do mean, ANYTHING! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GMichael
11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
My relationship is based on mathematics. 32 goes into 49 more times than 49 goes into 32.

And 20 into 49?

Florian
11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey noddin0ff (http://member.php?u=236525) did you actually save the pic ?!?!! :confused:

Man some on these forums are weird ;) LOL

PAT.P
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
before you start PMing...The old piture was is boyfriend that he has'nt seen for 1 year.So he went around posing as a 20 + year old with the old picture. The new picture looks like a 14 year old boy.Probably thats why the Old SpankingVanilla Ice took off.

noddin0ff
11-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Hey noddin0ff (http://member.php?u=236525) did you actually save the pic ?!?!! :confused:

Man some on these forums are weird ;) LOL

Ha! No. I won't deny the 'weird'. But, actually the picture came from Google image search. I figured they wouldn’t have updated their caches yet and pulled it up there. I'm not sure what's more weird though... having the picture or wasting the time to retrieve and photoshop!

In my defense...at least I'm not writing his biography!

Florian
11-08-2005, 07:37 AM
HAHAHA! The power of google! :D

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Well actualy that new pic that I have is a boy that is 18 years old and he is my dream boy and he is gay too. The old one is Adam my bf that is 21 and he will be 22 on this month on the 19th. He hasn't come see me in person yet even its been 1 year and 5 months but he says that on the 14th this month he will move to Omaha but I don't know.

GMichael
11-08-2005, 08:24 AM
You've been apart for almost a year & 1/2? That sucks. Time for a road trip.

Florian
11-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Did you ever see him in person yet? How is it like to be gay? I for one find it unspeakably disgusting to even think about well...you know what i mean to say. Is it disgusting for you have sex with a pretty women?

noddin0ff
11-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Did you ever see him in person yet? How is it like to be gay? I for one find it unspeakably disgusting to even think about well...you know what i mean to say. Is it disgusting for you have sex with a pretty women?

Flo- could you take this behind closed doors and use PM, before you really start offending people. I don't really need to know, or hear you describe, what offends you etc.

GMichael
11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Flo- could you take this behind closed doors and use PM, before you really start offending people. I don't really need to know, or hear you describe, what offends you etc.

Awhhh man? I was looking forward to the answers.

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Well Adam lives 3 hours away from me he lives in a town called Hull, Iowa. Its Northwest Iowa. He lives in a group home called Hope Haven since he has disabilities like ADHD and he is diabetic and he has heart disease too. He use to live in Sioux Center Iowa with him mother. I live in Omaha NE in millard area by the way.

GMichael
11-08-2005, 09:42 AM
That's sad. So sorry dude. I hope it gets better.

Florian
11-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Well i have no intention of offending him or anyone. He puts it in his profile so i guess he is looking for atention. To deny the free expresion of his sexuality would be offensive. I have no problem that he is gay, it takes a lot of courage to stand up and say it publicly in these times. I mean, i could write that i am straight in my profile but dont wanna discuss my sexual favs... he on the other hands writes it and i am simply interested in the why.

Cheers

Flo

PAT.P
11-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Well actualy that new pic that I have is a boy that is 18 years old and he is my dream boy and he is gay too. The old one is Adam my bf that is 21 and he will be 22 on this month on the 19th. He hasn't come see me in person yet even its been 1 year and 5 months but he says that on the 14th this month he will move to Omaha but I don't know.Do these people know your displaying them on internet with their picture and telling the world they are Gay?Where your own picture and cant be that old for not thinking of this?

dave123456@mail.com
11-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh man, I just dont know what to say...

PAT.P
11-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh man, I just dont know what to say...What ?was he using your picture too?

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 09:08 AM

You could certainly ask me any of those questions about being gay. Me think he doth protest too much!

GMichael
11-09-2005, 09:18 AM
You could certainly ask me any of those questions about being gay. Me think he doth protest too much!

Maybe he's curious about how the other half lives. Or is that 1/10th?

noddin0ff
11-09-2005, 09:39 AM

noted. carry on.

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Maybe he's curious about how the other half lives. Or is that 1/10th?

I am just always amazed when a straight man says I think it is unspeakably disgusting. Well then don't spend all your time thinking about it. All the gays I know do not spend any time thinking about what a man is doing with a woman.

Florian
11-09-2005, 09:53 AM
And you know this how? ;)

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:07 AM
I am just always amazed when a straight man says I think it is unspeakably disgusting. Well then don't spend all your time thinking about it. All the gays I know do not spend any time thinking about what a man is doing with a woman.

I don't remember thinking much about how the other tenth lives. Should I?

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:07 AM

Maybe they talk.

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't remember thinking much about how the other tenth lives. Should I?

That was my point about why Flo said when he thinks about it he finds it undeniable disgusting. You do not think about what I do and I do not think about what you do. I am only interested in audio equipment. All though I do like a system with balls.

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 11:35 AM

The membership committee asks just such a question when you join and receive your membership.

GMichael
11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
That was my point about why Flo said when he thinks about it he finds it undeniable disgusting. You do not think about what I do and I do not think about what you do. I am only interested in audio equipment. All though I do like a system with balls.

I like mine with bells and whistles. The audio equipment that is.

Maybe Flo is thinking about switching teams.

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Maybe I should change my name to Spanking RickyMartin.

GMichael
11-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Maybe I should change my name to Spanking RickyMartin.

You could do better than him.

GMichael
11-09-2005, 11:53 AM
The membership committee asks just such a question when you join and receive your membership.

Membership? Do you get a card and everything? Way cool. I guess membership really does have it's privileges.

Our club has nothing cool like that. Although I did get snapped with a few towels in the locker-room. They left these big marks on my legs for a few days. They're gone now though. The gym coach told us it was part of being a man and we should stop whining and deal with it. That was our membership. Not as cool as yours.

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Membership? Do you get a card and everything? Way cool. I guess membership really does have it's privileges.

Our club has nothing cool like that. Although I did get snapped with a few towels in the locker-room. They left these big marks on my legs for a few days. They're gone now though. The gym coach told us it was part of being a man and we should stop whining and deal with it. That was our membership. Not as cool as yours.

My gym coach showed me a different way to be a man. Mine told me not to whimper.

GMichael
11-09-2005, 11:59 AM
My gym coach showed me a different way to be a man. Mine told me not to whimper.

Is then when you got your cuffs?

JohnMichael
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Is then when you got your cuffs?

No that taste developed later in life. I was thinking it has been a while since I gave any audio advice. Maybe I should be serious every tenth posting.

GMichael
11-09-2005, 12:13 PM
No that taste developed later in life. I was thinking it has been a while since I gave any audio advice. Maybe I should be serious every tenth posting.

Oh no, you get to be the 9/10 serious guy. I only post 1/10 seriously. Us, 9/10 guys never grow up. That's your department.

Florian
11-09-2005, 03:04 PM
I can asure you that i have no intention of switching teams. LOL

PAT.P
11-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I can asure you that i have no intention of switching teams. LOLBatter Up ,who's as the bat and balls?Is this what they call Cockfights?Two woman together have no problem .As for 2 men going at it totaly :eek:

piece-it pete
11-11-2005, 09:00 AM
You could do better than him.

Sorry to "butt" in but I can't stop laughing re: this comment - it has made my day.

Pete

GMichael
11-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Sorry to "butt" in but I can't stop laughing re: this comment - it has made my day.

Pete
Oh, har-de har har there mister.