Out of 4 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Out of 4

Pages : [1] 2

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Ok I am serious about this but out of my 4 speakers I currently own which do you guys think is the best sounding speakers? I want everyone to reply to this please. I want honest true infos about this. BUT don't compair them to other speakers like Axiom or other better speakers. JBL HLS410 or JBL S26 or Edirol MA-10D or JBL Control 1X

Florian
11-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I would pick the first one.

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Heres the links to each of the speakers.

Edirol MA-10D
http://www.edirol.net/products/en/MA-10D/index.html

JBL S26
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=S26&CheckProduct=Y

JBL HLS410
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=HLS410&CheckProduct=Y

JBL Control 1X
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CONTROL1XTREME&cat=COS&ser=COS

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Remember I am serious about this since I really want to know out of the 4 speakers I have which are the best.

Florian
11-06-2005, 11:05 AM
How can you expect to be taken seriously?
I for one am a complete ribbon freak and 100% biased towards them but i still like many other designs out there like the electrostatics or good box designs from Avalon, Genesis, Alon, Totem, AudioNote (for nearfield) and others. To state that studio monitors are better then Home speakers is so stupid its unbelieveable. For once, your Eidorols which if i see a cheap pair on ebay will buy and measure just to teach you something will never be able to reproduce anywhere close to the full spectrum! Besided that, there is no way in the world that they have a flat response in the room....studio monitor or not.

From all the ones you listed i like the first JBL's most, but you have to understand that those speakers are the beginning of the beginning. Hear some B&W's, Axioms or anything else and forget the rubbish you read on the eidorol website. There is more to the sound then a flat freqeuncy responce. Many systems sound dull and lifeless if they are flat. I know this, i used digital room correction to get a straight line and it sounded like ****.

There are many awsome people on this site, actually all of them. All have different taste and many own great systems. Check out RGA for highly efficent tube magic, check out me with power hungry man tall speakers and Topspeed, Geof. etc.... life and learn!

-Flo

dingus
11-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Remember I am serious about this since I really want to know out of the 4 speakers I have which are the best.
the only way you will know for sure is by listening to them yourself. what sounds best to one person will not sound best to another.

if you are really serious about JBL's, try a pair of L-100's. i wouldnt waste my time or money on those in your list. i really think you need to expand your listening experiences, it will open up a whole other audio world for you.

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Ok guys I know that there are other speakers that are better but I want to just compair the 4 I have now since I dont have any money to get new speakers. That's the reason why I am asking out of the 4 which will sound the best to you guys.

dingus
11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Ok guys I know that there are other speakers that are better but I want to just compair the 4 I have now since I dont have any money to get new speakers. That's the reason why I am asking out of the 4 which will sound the best to you guys.
wouldnt know without doing a side by side comparison, which if you already have all of them, you can do yourself. why dont you tell us which is the best?

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Well you guys could do is who ever has one of these speakers tell what your guys think about them and then we can compair and see which is higher rated out of the 4.

Florian
11-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Sell all 4 and with the money buy a new and better one :D

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 12:57 PM
As I said I need to know out of the 4 which do you guys think is the best out of the specs. If there is anyone who has actualy heard how these speakers sounded please post here and tell me how do you think they sound then we can compair and see which is higher rated out of the 4.

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Sell all 4 and with the money buy a new and better one :DAhh I don't think so since if I sell them I wont get the exact same amount of money I used to buy them. Remember I don't have lots of money for speakers.

Florian
11-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Ahh I don't think so since if I sell them I wont get the exact same amount of money I used to buy them. Remember I don't have lots of money for speakers.
I would rather own 1 good speaker then 4 bad ones

N. Abstentia
11-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I have 4 cheeseburgers, tell me which one tastes the best.

Now see how stupid your question is?

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 01:25 PM
To tell you guys the truth I really somereason feel that my JBL S26 is the best since it costed $400 pair and they have really good specs too and they do sound good too. But do you guys think that the JBL S26 is the best one I have since it costed the most?

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 01:34 PM
If you want to ask me on how I think they are. Well the S26 is the best one and second will be the JBL Control 1X and third will be the Edirol MA-10D and the worst one is the JBL HLS410.

Florian
11-06-2005, 01:55 PM
There we go, you found out what you like more. :D

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 02:10 PM
BUT somereason I like my Edirol ones alot too since its my first powered studio monitor I ever got. Plus I was excited when I found out it goes from 45hz to 35kHz. I am currently using the Edirol ones since first its my newest monitors and its powered. Second it goes from 45hz to 35kHz which is very impressive for a monitor this size. I was shocked about its only -2db too. But I guess I can say the two best speakers I think are the JBL S26 and the Edirol MA-10D. :)

Florian
11-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I think i know a good way to teach you, do you have a microphone?

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Now remember this is what I think but now I want to know what others think.

SpankingVanillaice
11-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I think i know a good way to teach you, do you have a microphone?I don't have a mic that is good for testing monitors since my mic are cheap ones that are intergated with my web cam that I have.

markw
11-06-2005, 02:22 PM
We think you're a sphincter but that doesn't stop your inane posts

rockecat
11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
It does not matter what we think only what you do. Speakers are one of those items that you have to close your eyes and just listen to without any regard to specs.I like the sound of old JBL's and AR's I try to stay open minded and listen to others but ultimately I come back to what I have been listening to for longer than you have been alive.

You on the other hand have many ,many more years and your musical taste will expand and your hearing will change some :eek: although I can still hear a tone to 15kHz so don't get wrapped up in what other's think or certain specs just enjoy the fact you will get to change your opinion for a long time to come. :D

point_and_shoot
11-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Heres the links to each of the speakers.

Edirol MA-10D
http://www.edirol.net/products/en/MA-10D/index.html

JBL S26
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=S26&CheckProduct=Y

JBL HLS410
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=HLS410&CheckProduct=Y

JBL Control 1X
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CONTROL1XTREME&cat=COS&ser=COS

By looks alone (since that is all I have to go on) the second pair (s26's) look the best to me.

point_and_shoot
11-06-2005, 09:18 PM

LMAO! :)

point_and_shoot
11-06-2005, 09:19 PM

LMAO! You guys are hilarious..... :)

point_and_shoot
11-06-2005, 09:22 PM

By the way...Nice theater...except for the purple.... :confused:

N. Abstentia
11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
I love the purple! Of course a light color is a big no-no, and the original plan was to go maroon or a dark orange until I went to a big movie theater that was done in purple and it just hit me...gotta do purple!

point_and_shoot
11-06-2005, 10:20 PM
I love the purple! Of course a light color is a big no-no, and the original plan was to go maroon or a dark orange until I went to a big movie theater that was done in purple and it just hit me...gotta do purple!

You know the old forum favorite "If you like it...go with it." Nice theater though.

N. Abstentia
11-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks! The pictures are way on the blue side, though. The purple really is purple in real life :)

topspeed
11-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Bwahaahahaha!!!

Nice one! :D

bjornb17
11-07-2005, 12:08 PM

The first cheeseburger is the best. Thats because i was too full to eat the last 3.

SpankingVanillaice
11-08-2005, 06:08 PM
I did listen to the JBL S26 alot but I did notice that it has lots of bass and because of that I can't hear lots of the mids or lots of the highs. I didn't like how it sounded so I put the S26 away and got back the Edirol MA-10D since those I was able to hear everything on my recording unlike the S26.

Florian
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I did listen to the JBL S26 alot but I did notice that it has lots of bass and because of that I can't hear lots of the mids or lots of the highs. I didn't like how it sounded so I put the S26 away and got back the Edirol MA-10D since those I was able to hear everything on my recording unlike the S26.
Thats a good start, now keep on listening to OTHER speakers and see what they do best. I give you a hint, you are still missing a TON of info in your music and you can make it your quest to get all the other info too. How you get there is up to you ;-) But we can guide on the roads to rome ;)

E-Stat
11-08-2005, 07:28 PM
I did listen to the JBL S26 alot but I did notice that it has lots of bass and because of that I can't hear lots of the mids or lots of the highs.
If that is the case, then they are poor reproducers. The midrange is the very heart of all music.

As for best, I've never heard any one of those, so I really cannot comment. Specifications are next to useless to convey any really useful information. I'm not really a JBL fan either having been turned off by the Century back in the 70s.

You really need to discover what you're looking for. JBLs have historically been highly colored and punchy rock speakers. Maybe that's your thing? If you seek a natural reproducer, then try listening to solo voice, especially female. It should not sound boomy or shrill, both of which are characteristic of the old L100.

My guess is that a set of Double Advents would be more natural sounding than any of those. Copies with refoamed woofers can be found for around $200 / pair.

rw

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2005, 08:08 AM
This is how I have my Edirol's set up now in my room.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2005, 08:13 AM
This is the JBL S26 I had before I set up the Edirol's back.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2005, 08:44 AM
This is my room.

SlumpBuster
11-09-2005, 09:28 AM
This is the JBL S26 I had before I set up the Edirol's back.

This is sooo Napoleon Dynamite. I love it. There is picture on the wall between the JBL's that the Icon photo is taken from. Now I can't be certain because its a small photo, but it looks like that kid is playing with his hose bag.

GMichael
11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
This is sooo Napoleon Dynamite. I love it. There is picture on the wall between the JBL's that the Icon photo is taken from. Now I can't be certain because its a small photo, but it looks like that kid is playing with his hose bag.

That looks like the same picture as the avitar.

Florian
11-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Yup it sure is!

Now do we have just a insecure little guy here or a old man mentally left behind looking at little boys?

GMichael
11-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Yup it sure is!

Now do we have just a insecure little guy here or a old man mentally left behind looking at little boys?

Can I be an old man mentally left behind looking at little girls? Guys are OK to talk to, but girls look so much better.

Florian
11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Can I be an old man mentally left behind looking at little girls? Guys are OK to talk to, but girls look so much better.
You can be whatever you want to be, its a free country.....or is it?
Well, i just trying to figure it all out i guess. Why would he hang a picture of himself on the wall were he touches his crotch? Why post a profile pic of a strange looking guy and then saying you never met him. He is different, i guess.LOL

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:01 AM
You can be whatever you want to be, its a free country.....or is it?
Well, i just trying to figure it all out i guess. Why would he hang a picture of himself on the wall were he touches his crotch? Why post a profile pic of a strange looking guy and then saying you never met him. He is different, i guess.LOL

As you said, it's a semi-free country. I've seen worse.

Bernd
11-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi guys,

It's not a free country not even semi free. It's a democracy(where you can win without a majority) with censorship and run by big business.
I was wondering about Vanillaice before. Sounds like an old confused guy to me.

Peace

Bernd

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi guys,

It's not a free country not even semi free. It's a democracy(where you can win without a majority) with censorship and run by big business.
I was wondering about Vanillaice before. Sounds like an old confused guy to me.

Peace

Bernd

Ouh man. That hurts. Can't we just get along?

Bernd
11-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Ouh man. That hurts. Can't we just get along?

Sure can. I am on your side.By the way have you seen the B.O.T.?

Peace

Bernd

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Sure can. I am on your site.By the way have you seen the B.O.T.?

Peace

Bernd

My site? Cool, thanks Ericl. I'll take good care of it.

The B.O.T. has come and gone. Here yesterday, gone today. Maybe back tomorrow.
I'll tell it you were asking.

Bernd
11-09-2005, 10:41 AM
My site? Cool, thanks Ericl. I'll take good care of it.

The B.O.T. has come and gone. Here yesterday, gone today. Maybe back tomorrow.
I'll tell it you were asking.

Who's Ericl.?

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Who's Ericl.?

The head cheese around here.

Bernd
11-09-2005, 10:47 AM
The head cheese around here.
Ah-the queso grande.

Thanks. I am signing off to spin some discs. Later.

Peace

Bernd

GMichael
11-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Ah-the queso grande.

Thanks. I am signing off to spin some discs. Later.

Peace

Bernd

Do some extra listening 4 me.

thepogue
11-09-2005, 01:09 PM
I was just givin you the green light on the HT room, and gutiars and you being a PTree fan (I just saw them in Philly!) great show! Pogue

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
So is the way I have my speakers set up make the bass boomy? Anyways would the JBL Control 1X be better since its a studio monitor too? Or do you guys think the Edirol ones would be better? Btw the reason I posted pics of my room is because I wanted you guys to see how my speakers are set up not because what posters I have or so. Are you guys making fun of me being gay??? Since if you are I am very upset that you are making fun of me. :mad:

GMichael
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
So is the way I have my speakers set up make the bass boomy? Anyways would the JBL Control 1X be better since its a studio monitor too? Or do you guys think the Edirol ones would be better? Btw the reason I posted pics of my room is because I wanted you guys to see how my speakers are set up not because what posters I have or so. Are you guys making fun of me being gay??? Since if you are I am very upset that you are making fun of me. :mad:

Don't know about the set-up.
Don't care about the pics.
Don't care if you're gay. (can't speak for others)
Don't get upset. Life is too short.

Try moving your speakers to see if you like how they sound in other places.
Enjoy the listening.

SpankingVanillaice
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Does the Control 1X sound the same as the Control 1's since I did notice that only the difference is that the Control 1X has titanium laminated dome tweeters and the orginal ones has Polycarbonated dome tweeters?

GMichael
11-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Does the Control 1X sound the same as the Control 1's since I did notice that only the difference is that the Control 1X has titanium laminated dome tweeters and the orginal ones has Polycarbonated dome tweeters?

I'm sorry, but I don't know. Maybe someone else can help?

E-Stat
11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Don't know about the set-up.
Don't care about the pics.
Don't care if you're gay. (can't speak for others)
Don't get upset. Life is too short.

Try moving your speakers to see if you like how they sound in other places.
Enjoy the listening.
Ditto

rw

anamorphic96
11-09-2005, 10:06 PM
ditto as well. But moving your speakers away from the wall will help. Try moving them to another area of the room. Placement is very important to the overall balance of the sound and can have a dramatic effect. The biggest bonus is that it's FREE.

Bernd
11-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Do some extra listening 4 me.

I did put a couple of discs on the platter for you.

Peace

Bernd

GMichael
11-10-2005, 06:16 AM
I did put a couple of discs on the platter for you.

Peace

Bernd

It's back! The B.O.T. is back! Oh man it feels so good.....

Bernd
11-10-2005, 06:51 AM
It's back! The B.O.T. is back! Oh man it feels so good.....

It's gone! The B.O.T. is gone! Oh man it feels so bad...........

Bernd

GMichael
11-10-2005, 07:00 AM
It's gone! The B.O.T. is gone! Oh man it feels so bad...........

Bernd

I'll put in a good word for you. Maybe he'll come back soon.

Florian
11-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Whats B.O.T ?

GMichael
11-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Whats B.O.T ?

Big Orange Thing

Bernd
11-10-2005, 07:42 AM
I'll put in a good word for you. Maybe he'll come back soon.
Please do! I am drowning in the dark (sounds like an album title).

How are you keeping?

Bernd

Greekguy
11-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Ok I am serious about this but out of my 4 speakers I currently own which do you guys think is the best sounding speakers? I want everyone to reply to this please. I want honest true infos about this. BUT don't compair them to other speakers like Axiom or other better speakers. JBL HLS410 or JBL S26 or Edirol MA-10D or JBL Control 1X
You don't have to spend a lot of money to score a decent pair of speakers... there's some really awesome speakers available for less than $1,000. While JBLs are okay for power handling and rich bass, they're not a great all-around speaker. If you're on a tight budget, I'd look into Paradigm speakers, they have a full range of speakers at multiple price points, and I believe they currently make one of the best sub-$1,000 speakers right now. Ultimately, your ears will decide what sounds best, but don't limit yourself to the JBLs you have... sell them off and invest in a real pair of speakers. And don't forget to invest in decent speaker cables too.

Florian
11-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Good advice, there are many good budget speakers out there. Sell ALL the ones you have now and look around.

BIG ORANGE THING :D

GMichael
11-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Please do! I am drowning in the dark (sounds like an album title).

How are you keeping?

Bernd

Keeping well. Hanging on tight to the B.O.T. today. It feels very warm.

How are you doing?

noddin0ff
11-10-2005, 07:56 AM
So is the way I have my speakers set up make the bass boomy?

Guessing. The might sound boomy when you sit at your desk because they are on top of a resonating cabinet (your hutch) that will reinforce some of the bass. Your speakers will likely sound better down at ear level and placed farther apart. You’ll want to take some time to move them closer and farther away from the wall to see how much bass reinforcement you like. Small speakers can benefit from the reinforcement of bass by the walls, but if they are too close they can sound muddy. It’s a compromise, cleaner sound lacking bass away from wall, fuller sound but potentially muddy close to walls. Your left speakers in a tight corner, the other is not. You could disconnect one or the other at a time and compare the sound to get an idea how placement effect the sound. Personal preference is an art, not a science.

Bernd
11-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Can only agree with above. Sell the speakers you got and start auditioning new ones. You will be rewarded.

Enjoy the B.O.T. for now.I would like to see it one more time though.Pleaseeeeeeeee.
I am doing fine. Got another litter of Dachshunds and have just ordered a Transfiguration Temper V (should be here any day now). So I am like a little kid at the moment (are we there yet) pathetic I know.

Peace

Bernd

What's playing: Traveling Wilburys-Vol.1 (on mint Vinyl-Bliss)

noddin0ff
11-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Good God! I had to Google Transfiguration Temper V...is that really a multi-K$ phono cartridge? Having bypassed LP's all I can say is "Wow!"

Florian
11-10-2005, 08:38 AM
My friend runs the Koetsu Onyx and Jade on the Goldmund T3 Reference and the Forsell Air Reference. You can look those up too if you want to make your eyes pop ;) I hear those quit often and let me tell you, its magic.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 08:46 AM
I still wounder why even the JBL S26 costed $400 pair there are still not good. It did say that there were for audiophiles and music lovers around the world too you know. :confused:

Florian
11-10-2005, 08:53 AM
I still wounder why even the JBL S26 costed $400 pair there are still not good. It did say that there were for audiophiles and music lovers around the world too you know. :confused:
Did you really believe what they said? What was the best sounding system you have ever heard? If a 400$ speaker could satisfy all audiophiles around the world, why are there so many people spending thousands or tens of thousands of dollars on speakers, cables, preamps, poweramps, phono amps, transports, dacs etc...?

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 09:02 AM
No no no what I meant is is the JBL S26 good for audiophiles and considered a audiophile speaker? Yes it did say on lots of sites that is was made for audiophiles but I was woundering if you guys think these are considered to be a audiophile speakers.

anamorphic96
11-10-2005, 09:09 AM

Did you move the speakers as we suggested to you ? If so where and how did you place them ?

You make these comments about your JBL's and it seems you dont even try to move them. Placement is absolutley key to good sound.

You also complain you have little money to purchase better speakers but you wont even take are advice on placement. Which is FREE. Placement can completely change the balance of a speaker.

This is probably why you get picked on so much. Wake up man and listen.

Bernd
11-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Good God! I had to Google Transfiguration Temper V...is that really a multi-K$ phono cartridge? Having bypassed LP's all I can say is "Wow!"

Yup!

Got it for a really good price. My x-mas present to myself. Where is the damned thing? Bl**dy Post.

Enjoy what you have.

Bernd

anamorphic96
11-10-2005, 09:13 AM
No there not really considered audiophile speakers. More a mass market mid fi speaker. But this is can be subjective.

STOP BELIEVING THE MARKETING HYPE OF THE MANUFACTURES. THEY JUST WANT YOU TO BUY THERE PRODUCT. HENCE THE HYPE.

WAKE UP MAN.

Florian
11-10-2005, 09:14 AM
No no no what I meant is is the JBL S26 good for audiophiles and considered a audiophile speaker? Yes it did say on lots of sites that is was made for audiophiles but I was woundering if you guys think these are considered to be a audiophile speakers.
Well maybe you can understand "direct talk". Your speakers are absolutly nowhere near a audiophile speaker, your equipment, room, placement is nowhere near a audiophile setup. You never talk about your music, there is absolutly nothing audiophile or anywhere near close to hobbyist in what you have. You bore the **** out of people with your stupid lectures on bloddy stuio monitors. STOP with this crap! Sell this junk and do what the others tell you. Visit some audio stores, take a good record and listen and stop with this crap.

Bernd
11-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Well maybe you can understand "direct talk". Your speakers are absolutly nowhere near a audiophile speaker, your equipment, room, placement is nowhere near a audiophile setup. You never talk about your music, there is absolutly nothing audiophile or anywhere near close to hobbyist in what you have. You bore the **** out of people with your stupid lectures on bloddy stuio monitors. STOP with this crap! Sell this junk and do what the others tell you. Visit some audio stores, take a good record and listen and stop with this crap.
Flo-I must congratulate you on the straight talk. I tried to put it down but it sounded too harsh IMHO..But you hit the nail on the head. I wonder if "Vanilla" is even remotley serious about this. Smells a bit like "Warrenrig" don't you think?

Peace

Bernd

Florian
11-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Flo-I must congratulate you on the straight talk. I tried to put it down but it sounded too harsh IMHO..But you hit the nail on the head. I wonder if "Vanilla" is even remotley serious about this. Smells a bit like "Warrenrig" don't you think?

Peace

Bernd Thanks, i dont like to put down people but i have met a lot of stupid people in my life and this is so incredibly stupid that i am not sure if its actually possible. Warrenrig was just an ******* and Mr.Ice here is not an *******, but incredibly incompetent. Sorry about this but i have helped you alot along with the other members on this forum and you just seem to be a complete moron.

PS: It said in your profile that you go to college, and if this is true then i have lost all my faith in the education system.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Now I am starting to get very dissapointed now since I really noticed that you guys are being sooo harsh and mean to me I thought that this was a message board for helping each other nicely and kindly not some fighting mean board like this. I really started to not like the message board now since you guys are making fun of me and you guys are sooo mean. You guys need to stop this or I will leave this message board permermently. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

anamorphic96
11-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Now I am starting to get very dissapointed now since I really noticed that you guys are being sooo harsh and mean to me I thought that this was a message board for helping each other nicely and kindly not some fighting mean board like this. I really started to not like the message board now since you guys are making fun of me and you guys are sooo mean. You guys need to stop this or I will leave this message board permermently. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was not rude to you. Just giving you some straight talk. Besides you still have never answered my questions. Probably why you get the responses you do. Get with it and answer some of are questions and stop asking the same questions over and over again.

So whats up with the speaker placement suggestions ? Have you tried moving them ?

Bernd
11-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Have a safe trip.
No seriousley-you do not listen to what is said.
What you have got is not anywhere near audiophile. And this is not meant to be elitist or snoby. So please listen, try moving the speakers or even better sell those four pairs you have got and go and audition some of the ones mentioned and come back here, by all means, with your findings. The way you ask your questions appears to me you are not happy with your sound. So do something about it or as you threatened,leave, you are free to do that.

Good luck

Bernd

Florian
11-10-2005, 09:48 AM
This board is for helping people who accept help and not for morons that ask the same questions 10 billion times and show pictures of youg boys touching their crotches for ****s sacke. We helped you tons of times on speakers, repsonces, room tuning etc.....and all you do is post dumb ass **** on a 60$ speaker and say its better then home speakers cause its a studio monitor. Damn, cant you see that?

GMichael
11-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Spanky,

It's like this. The people here try to be helpful. But they don't have much patients for those who don't follow their instructions before asking basically the same questions over and over phrased a little differently. That's when they loose it and the flames start. They take their music very seriously here.

Try moving your speakers around as stated by others. Find the spot you like best for now. Keep reading here. Go to hi-end shops, and listen to as many systems & speakers as you can. When you find what you like, and have the $$ for it, upgrade.

And sorry, no, your JBL's are not audiophile class. But don't be too upset with that. My Infinity's aren't either. But they do sound dang good to me. Enjoy what you have now until you upgrade.

And have some chocolate will ya. That always helps me to feel better.

Florian
11-10-2005, 09:50 AM
You guys need to stop this or I will leave this message board permermently
Who on earth cares? I left 3 times already and barely anyone cared and you know why? Cause the world keeps on spinning.

Florian
11-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Spanky,

It's like this. The people here try to be helpful. But they don't have much patients for those who don't follow their instructions before asking basically the same questions over and over phrased a little differently. That's when they loose it and the flames start. They take their music very seriously here.

Try moving your speakers around as stated by others. Find the spot you like best for now. Keep reading here. Go to hi-end shops, and listen to as many systems & speakers as you can. When you find what you like, and have the $$ for it, upgrade.

And sorry, no, your JBL's are not audiophile class. But don't be too upset with that. My Infinity's aren't either. But they do sound dang good to me. Enjoy what you have now until you upgrade.

And have some chocolate will ya. That always helps me to feel better.
But they are a hell of a lot better then some Eidorols or cheap JBLs.....Infinity is pretty good :-)

Bernd
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Who on earth cares? I left 3 times already and barely anyone cared and you know why? Cause the world keeps on spinning.

Round and round it goes.

Peace

Bernd

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
The reason I didn't answer about the placement thing is since I don't have any other place to place them on my desk. Plus my desk is in my upper left corner of my room so I can't put speaker stands eather. I don't know what should I do. :confused:

anamorphic96
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Move the other furniture to make setting up your system more condusive for listening. It's not rocket science. Try some milk crates for stands. Those are usually free. There not the best thing but I used some for about 6 months until I got my first set of speaker stands. Save up some money for stands. Stands can be had for dirt cheap if you look around.

In the future answer questions even if your not sure of an answer. It lets people know your listening.

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:00 AM
The reason I didn't answer about the placement thing is since I don't have any other place to place them on my desk. Plus my desk is in my upper left corner of my room so I can't put speaker stands eather. I don't know what should I do. :confused:
Wow, now why is it so hard to say that? If you CANNOT place them anywhere else then guess what......SOL. Sorry, but if there is NOTHING you can do what do you expect from us? Magic Pixie dust?

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:04 AM
You saw how my desk kinda looks like think of that desk put all the way to the wall on the upper left corner that's why I don't have room to place the speakers anywere else. Lets say I moved the desk more to the right the speakers will still be on the corner so lots of bass will produce. So I don't think there is any other place to place them. :confused:

GMichael
11-10-2005, 10:05 AM

That's all you needed to say. If you can't move them then you can't move them. I'm not sure what else you can do at this point though other than upgrading. I know, that cost $$ that you may not have. You may have to deal with what you have until you can.

GMichael
11-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Wow, now why is it so hard to say that? If you CANNOT place them anywhere else then guess what......SOL. Sorry, but if there is NOTHING you can do what do you expect from us? Magic Pixie dust?

I thought it was pixie snot. Or is that for brighter colors? Can't recall right now.

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:09 AM
I thought it was pixie snot. Or is that for brighter colors? Can't recall right now.
This is the second edition for ULTRA sound :D

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:11 AM
I took pics of corners of my desk.

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Ok looky here, my speakers are literrary 52 times heavier then yours and i can move them with backacing pain but thats what you have to do! Get some milk crates or put them on 10 books and experiement!!!

Dont come back untill you tried different positions!

This is my room and setup....draw a plan like this one

http://www.apogeeclub.de/roomspec.jpg

http://www.apogeeclub.de/pic101.jpg

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:14 AM
As you see I am close to the window so if I moved the desk to the right it will not look good. Plus even if I moved the desk to the right my left speakers will still be in the corner so lots of bass will come out.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:18 AM
But did you look at the pics I took? There is nothin I can do as you see. and if I move the cam to the right its the rest of my room and my bed is there. I showed you guys that pic already.

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:19 AM
And clean your room...!!!!

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Draw me a plan of your room and i promise i will give you a guide to how to rearange your room and speaker setup!

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:30 AM
I took pics of my whole room.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Heres one last pic.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 10:32 AM
But did you look at the pics I took? There is nothin I can do as you see. and if I move the cam to the right its the rest of my room and my bed is there. I showed you guys that pic already.Why did you change your face again.Like I said before do these people know you are using their picture on internet ?I also know that you must be around 14 years old by the way you come back and forth with same question .Im surprise you did 'nt do the headphone for a while.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:33 AM
As you see my desk is in the upper right corner of my room. So if I placed the speaker they will be by the wall and on the corner expecialy the left speaker.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Why did you change your face again.Like I said before do these people know you are using their picture on internet ?I also know that you must be around 14 years old by the way you come back and forth with same question .Im surprise you did 'nt do the headphone for a while.Excuse me did you see my profile? Did you see my b-day? I am not 14 I am 20 almost 21.

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Now read this slowly!

DRAW ME A BLODDY PLAN

Dimensions, glass etc.....

I am willing to help you, but for gods sacke DRAW ME A BLODDY PLAN!!!!!!

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Excuse me did you see my profile? Did you see my b-day? I am not 14 I am 20 almost 21.
So sad.......now DRAW A PLAN!!!! And stop posting pictures of young boy this is NOT the place for that!

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Excuse me did you see my profile? Did you see my b-day? I am not 14 I am 20 almost 21.This is not your "PICTURE" and without their permission you could get in serious trouble .Dont you think ?

Florian
11-10-2005, 10:51 AM
This is not your "PICTURE" and without their permission you could get in serious trouble .Dont you think ?
Hey Pat, i think this is him actually. He has a picture of the young blondy touching his croch in his room. There is no point in putting a pic of himself up.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Pat, i think this is him actually. He has a picture of the young blondy touching his croch in his room. There is no point in putting a pic of himself up.In one thread he said its the picture of is boyfriend that he as not seen in 1 year 4 month.

noddin0ff
11-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I felt creepy enough downloading little pictures of your Icons to my hardrive. NOW, I've got very creepy pictures of you room. Please stop. I'm going to need a shower and some caustic soap (borax?) to get over this.

Either you love the Feng Shui of your creepy room full of dinos and empty tissue boxes more, or you love the sound of music more. You decide. Move your speakers and get back to us. You control the horizontal, you control the vertical. I'm leaving the Twilight zone until you do.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Im starting to think that he as Multiple Personality and is crying out for "HELP"

GMichael
11-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I took pics of my whole room.

Dude, I was eating lunch when I opened a picture of your cat's litter box. Yack.

Can you draw up a diagram of your room? Put it on paper and take a picture of it if you don't have another way.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Excuse me did you see my profile? Did you see my b-day? I am not 14 I am 20 almost 21.And you still play with "Dinosaurs" and the only pussy you see is the cat in our room?

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I can say my room is 15-1/2 feet long and 10 feet wide.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Heres my plan I made using a program called Photoshop 6.0. I drew the pics myself.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Im starting to think that he as Multiple Personality and is crying out for "HELP"No I don't have Multiple Personalitys and no I am not a weird guy. I just am into dinosaurs alot thats all. You know that there are professionals out there that love dinosaurs and study them. If you met me in person I am a normal acting guy the only difference between most you guys is that I am 100% gay boy. :mad:

GMichael
11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Heres my plan I made using a program called Photoshop 6.0. I drew the pics myself.

OK guys. He posted a layout of his room. What can he do with this?

Are your speakers on the comp desk?

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
OK guys. He posted a layout of his room. What can he do with this?

Are your speakers on the comp desk?Yes they are on my comp desk and you guys have seen how my desk looks like.

GMichael
11-10-2005, 12:52 PM
No I don't have Multiple Personalitys and no I am not a weird guy. I just am into dinosaurs alot thats all. You know that there are professionals out there that love dinosaurs and study them. If you met me in person I am a normal acting guy the only difference between most you guys is that I am 100% gay boy. :mad:

First, no such thing as normal. Everyone is off center somehow.
Second, lots of people here like to pull eachother's chains. Don't let it get you upset. They do it to everyone. This is as much for entertainment as it is for learning. I know that they can be rough sometimes.
Third, no one here minds that you are gay. That's between you and your BF. It's good that you are proud of it. But that's not why people here are picking on you. Don't be mad.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 01:02 PM
In one thread he said its the picture of is boyfriend that he as not seen in 1 year 4 month.The avatar I have now is a pic of my bf Adam that I haven't seen for 1 year and 5 months. Of cource I hope that he will move to Omaha at the 14th this month like he says he will but I don't know since it is very hard for him to move since he lives in a group home you know plus the disabilities he has like ADHD and he is diabetic and he has heart disease too. He has a doctor he go sees and he will have to find a different doctor that can help him that lives in Omaha. Anyways I hope he will move asap since I really love him alot and he loves me alot too.

GMichael
11-10-2005, 01:05 PM
The avatar I have now is a pic of my bf Adam that I haven't seen for 1 year and 5 months. Of cource I hope that he will move to Omaha at the 14th this month like he says he will but I don't know since it is very hard for him to move since he lives in a group home you know plus the disabilities he has like ADHD and he is diabetic and he has heart disease too. He has a doctor he go sees and he will have to find a different doctor that can help him that lives in Omaha. Anyways I hope he will move asap since I really love him alot and he loves me alot too.

He looks like a nice guy. Who was your other picture? Please don't say it's you because, well that guy looks like he has an attitude? Cute, but angry.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 01:14 PM
He looks like a nice guy. Who was your other picture? Please don't say it's you because, well that guy looks like he has an attitude? Cute, but angry.That other pic is a pic of my dream fantasy boy that I wished he was my bf. He is gay too I know that for sure so that's cool. I am actual Japanese but I was born in Omaha NE. So I am asian. Heres two pics of me.

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Heres a full sized pic of Adam and his mother and his little nephue this pic was taken when he was 18 now his 21 on the 19th this month he will be 22.

GMichael
11-10-2005, 01:25 PM
That other pic is a pic of my dream fantasy boy that I wished he was my bf. He is gay too I know that for sure so that's cool. I am actual Japanese but I was born in Omaha NE. So I am asian. Heres two pics of me.

Cool, my wife was born in the Philippines. So she is Asian also.

How can you be so in love with one guy but have another as your dream guy? That's just not right. Oh to be young.......

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Adam is 21 now soon he will be 22 in this Nov 19 and he found me on gay.com and when we first start talking he seemed like he was really interested in me and he did right away said he loved me which kinda surprised me but I can say he did really call me many many many times and often each day after we met and I called many times too. Adam was alot different from me when we first met but now his more like me so that's cool. But then he moved to Hull, Iowa in a group home called Hope Haven Nortside. He use to live in Sioux Center Iowa with his mother when we first met. But now he lives in a town called Hull. Anyways we always say that we love each other every day and I do call him alot too. I can say that he has a few times said that he would come over but he doesn't since he says hes car not working or something like that. I can say Adam has sent me stuff of his pics and like his underwear and his hat and his shirt and even a ring that costed $79 and there is more stuff he sent to me too. I can say I have sent some of my stuff to him too and he says he loves it. I sent him stuff like my watch and necklace and a ring and a vase I made too. Well now its been a year and 5 months and still he hasn't come over to see me for the first time yet but he says that he will come this time between now and Nov 19 but I don't know if that's true since in the past he said he would come on a certain day and he didn't since he had problems on his car and stuff he says. Adam has even given me his SS# and his password to his e-mail address. Adam has even giving me his sn and password for gay.com too so now they are all mine. By the way Adam has disabilities like ADHD and he is diabetic and he has heart disease too. But I don't mind that since what's most important is the inside not outside you know. I just hope that he will come to see me for the first time soon so we can have fun together since he does seen to be a great caring guy. I can say even at times I get mad at him and we fight over the phone since he never comes to see me but he never ever says that our relationship is over or something like that since he really really loves me he says and he doesn't want me to dump him too. He cries a lot too since he cant come see me and when he cries it doesn't sound fake at all. I have tried to say that I wanted to go find someone else but he keeps trying to make me not do that since he always says things like you know what I just sent you more stuff you love and you know what I am moving to Omaha in the end of the month. He always says that he will promise to never ever brake up with me and he will never cheat on me too which is great to hear of course.

Florian
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Place it like this!

And for god sacke clean the room, take the cat **** outside and buy some plants and lights. Buy speaker stands or make them, but try to raise them to ear level.

http://www.apogeeclub.de/gay.jpg

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
What about my dresser and my bookshelf? Were do I put those??? I don't think I can do this my room is med sized you know my room is not HUGE lol.

Florian
11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
just do it and have a look, this will work in your room but you need to be a bit creative

SpankingVanillaice
11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
If I arrange the dresser like that and the bookshelf like that I can't see the window and I need the window for sunlight for my plants since I am growing a baby cottonwood tree as a house plant and it needs lots of sunlight from the window. Plus I need the windows to open and close so I can let the air in too.

GMichael
11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
just do it and have a look, this will work in your room but you need to be a bit creative

Oh well, you tried.

Florian
11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Then do this......put the bloddy plant on the desk, or to the side etc...

http://www.apogeeclub.de/gaynew.jpg

SlumpBuster
11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
F it! I'll say it... I've been all over this here "internets" (to quote W) and this thread is the best thing ever written anywhere at anytime on any subject. It tears at the fabric of my reality. It is literary, yet banal. It is surreal, yet familiar.

I was first reminded of Sartre's "No Exit." But, then I realized it was Beckett's "Waiting for Godot." Last line of the play: "Let's go." "Yes, let's go." (Stage direction: They do not move.)

All I can say is I'm copying this ***** to my clipboard and shopping it to publishers.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Now we know who is the real Spanking Vanillaice ,but poor guy going to get burn.I think if Adam has'nt contact him for 1year 5 months and probably wont.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Adam is 21 now soon he will be 22 in this Nov 19 and he found me on gay.com and when we first start talking he seemed like he was really interested in me and he did right away said he loved me which kinda surprised me but I can say he did really call me many many many times and often each day after we met and I called many times too. Adam was alot different from me when we first met but now his more like me so that's cool. But then he moved to Hull, Iowa in a group home called Hope Haven Nortside. He use to live in Sioux Center Iowa with his mother when we first met. But now he lives in a town called Hull. Anyways we always say that we love each other every day and I do call him alot too. I can say that he has a few times said that he would come over but he doesn't since he says hes car not working or something like that. I can say Adam has sent me stuff of his pics and like his underwear and his hat and his shirt and even a ring that costed $79 and there is more stuff he sent to me too. I can say I have sent some of my stuff to him too and he says he loves it. I sent him stuff like my watch and necklace and a ring and a vase I made too. Well now its been a year and 5 months and still he hasn't come over to see me for the first time yet but he says that he will come this time between now and Nov 19 but I don't know if that's true since in the past he said he would come on a certain day and he didn't since he had problems on his car and stuff he says. Adam has even given me his SS# and his password to his e-mail address. Adam has even giving me his sn and password for gay.com too so now they are all mine. By the way Adam has disabilities like ADHD and he is diabetic and he has heart disease too. But I don't mind that since what's most important is the inside not outside you know. I just hope that he will come to see me for the first time soon so we can have fun together since he does seen to be a great caring guy. I can say even at times I get mad at him and we fight over the phone since he never comes to see me but he never ever says that our relationship is over or something like that since he really really loves me he says and he doesn't want me to dump him too. He cries a lot too since he cant come see me and when he cries it doesn't sound fake at all. I have tried to say that I wanted to go find someone else but he keeps trying to make me not do that since he always says things like you know what I just sent you more stuff you love and you know what I am moving to Omaha in the end of the month. He always says that he will promise to never ever brake up with me and he will never cheat on me too which is great to hear of course.Hope it works out for you ,but sometime love hurts.All I could say no woman as ever sent me her panties or bra :(

N. Abstentia
11-10-2005, 09:57 PM
I think for the first time ever in this...or any.....internet forum, I am utterly speechless.

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I think for the first time ever in this...or any.....internet forum, I am utterly speechless.Ya that would be a Miracle on your part :D

PAT.P
11-10-2005, 11:40 PM
If I arrange the dresser like that and the bookshelf like that I can't see the window and I need the window for sunlight for my plants since I am growing a baby cottonwood tree as a house plant and it needs lots of sunlight from the window. Plus I need the windows to open and close so I can let the air in too.If you cant smoke it,dont grow it.What is a baby cottonwood tree?I guess with a litter box in your room ,you need to leave the window open.

Bernd
11-11-2005, 03:52 AM
I am all confused!!!!
What forum is this?

Peace

Bernd

PAT.P
11-11-2005, 04:46 AM
I am all confused!!!!
What forum is this?

Peace

BerndI think you left in the half way ,it turned out to ?

Florian
11-11-2005, 05:44 AM
Everyday i die a little inside

GMichael
11-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Everyday i die a little inside

Sorry I got you into this.

Funny stuff though.

Florian
11-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Thats ok buddy,

you see in the beginning i thought it was fun but now i am beginning to question reality.!

GMichael
11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Thats ok buddy,

you see in the beginning i thought it was fun but now i am beginning to question reality.!

Crate up some pixie dust, pixie snot and a few cats. We'll get this room to sound better somehow.

Florian
11-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Crate up some pixie dust, pixie snot and a few cats. We'll get this room to sound better somehow.
Well we could get it to sound better in a matter of minutes but he is either sleeping, whacking off or god knows what. Where is he anyways?

-Flo

GMichael
11-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Well we could get it to sound better in a matter of minutes but he is either sleeping, whacking off or god knows what. Where is he anyways?

-Flo
Don't know. Maybe another forum. Maybe picking up a baby maple tree.

Florian
11-11-2005, 06:40 AM
Don't know. Maybe another forum. Maybe picking up a baby maple tree.
Cotton tree my ass, properbly a greeeeeeen ass tree. Stoned 24/7 or high on Magic Pixie Snot...he has to be in order to write stuff like this.

N. Abstentia
11-11-2005, 07:13 AM
I think we need to see a picture of the cat.

Florian
11-11-2005, 07:23 AM
http://ewancient.lysator.liu.se/pic/art/l/i/lindsay123/purplesakura.jpg

The purple cat starring as the seeker of the holy cotton tree :p

GMichael
11-11-2005, 07:37 AM
huh? several posts have vanished? They were here. And then they were gone. Woosh.....

Florian
11-11-2005, 07:43 AM
They all joinded the purple cat in his quest!

GMichael
11-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Too bad that the purple cat has to die at the end. But it's for a good cause.

JohnMichael
11-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Well it has been nice getting to know the real SVI. As soon as I have time I am going to read the whole thread. Flo you have been quite helpful which should help your reputation. GM you as always keep things light.

GMichael
11-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey JM,

What's shakin'?

I keep it light? Are you kidding? I'm lucky I don't just float away.

JohnMichael
11-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey JM,

What's shakin'?

I keep it light? Are you kidding? I'm lucky I don't just float away.

Working too much. Having trouble keeping up on all the posts.

GMichael
11-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Working too much. Having trouble keeping up on all the posts.
OK, but don't stay away too long. I miss our talks.

Bernd
11-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Well here it is.

Peace

Bernd

thepogue
11-13-2005, 07:59 AM
your maikin me drool....nice cart!!!

Pogue

Bernd
11-13-2005, 08:32 AM
your maikin me drool....nice cart!!!

Pogue

Thanks friend,

Took some convincing my OH that this cartridge was needed. I like your picture.
Listen some last night and will do some serious listen tonight.
Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Enjoy the music

Bernd

Mike Anderson
11-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Great thread.

I laughed, I cried, it was better than "Cats".

thepogue
11-13-2005, 09:44 AM
what did you run for a cart before this...and don't forget to give us a review when you get the time.

Pogue

Thanks friend,

Took some convincing my OH that this cartridge was needed. I like your picture.
Listen some last night and will do some serious listen tonight.
Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Enjoy the music

Bernd

Bernd
11-13-2005, 09:57 AM
what did you run for a cart before this...and don't forget to give us a review when you get the time.

Pogue

Hi Mr.Pogue,

I had (still do) a Dynavector XX-2 and a Shelter 901. Also several others along the way (Ortofon Jubilee,Dynavector 17 Karat Dll etc) As an upgrade I looked at the Dynavector Te Kaitore Rua,Shelter 90x or the Transfiguration.
I think I made the right choice. If anyone is interested I'll be pleased to do a review.

Peace

Bernd

thepogue
11-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Reading this thread is like watching Andy Kaufman....your just not sure it real....just when you think it might be...ya sayin' NAAA...nobody can be that trucked up...lol

Pogue

Great thread.

I laughed, I cried, it was better than "Cats".

thepogue
11-13-2005, 10:26 AM
sorry to say that in the mix around here we kinda forgo that now-a-days. I know very little as far as carts goes...in fact I'd could use some advice where to move from my Grado Gold (when the time comes). I almost picked up a Blue Point last month but I kinda flet it would be more a side step thena step up...but I'm not at all sure. Pogue

Hi Mr.Pogue,

I had (still do) a Dynavector XX-2 and a Shelter 901. Also several others along the way (Ortofon Jubilee,Dynavector 17 Karat Dll etc) As an upgrade I looked at the Dynavector Te Kaitore Rua,Shelter 90x or the Transfiguration.
I think I made the right choice. If anyone is interested I'll be pleased to do a review.

Peace

Bernd

Bernd
11-14-2005, 03:34 AM
sorry to say that in the mix around here we kinda forgo that now-a-days. I know very little as far as carts goes...in fact I'd could use some advice where to move from my Grado Gold (when the time comes). I almost picked up a Blue Point last month but I kinda flet it would be more a side step thena step up...but I'm not at all sure. Pogue
Hi,
To me the Blue Point and Blue Point Special sits among with the Linn K9 as not very good cartridges. I realy like the Dynavectors. You could do worse then give them a try.
Good luck. I had a musical bliss evening last night apart from when my other half demanded that I play Robbie Williams' latest offering. What a nightmare, I had to sit through the lot.

Peace

Bernd

JohnMichael
11-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi,
To me the Blue Point and Blue Point Special rang among with the Linn K9 as not very good cartridges. I realy like the Dynavectors. You could do worse then give them a try.
Good luck. I had a musical bliss evening last night apart from when my other half demanded that I play Robbie Williams' latest offering. What a nightmare, I had to sit through the lot.

Peace

Bernd

Listening to Robbie Williams to me is equivalent to a sharp stick in the eye. Of course we all make sacrifices and one night I listened to Garth Brooks and the company made it tolerable.

GMichael
11-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Listening to Robbie Williams to me is equivalent to a sharp stick in the eye. Of course we all make sacrifices and one night I listened to Garth Brooks and the company made it tolerable.

Hmmm.... care to elaborate?

JohnMichael
11-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Hmmm.... care to elaborate?

About the stick in the eye or who could make Garth tolerable?

GMichael
11-14-2005, 08:32 AM
About the stick in the eye or who could make Garth tolerable?

I'll take what's behind door number 2.

Bernd
11-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi,
Well you know what I mean then. R.W. to me is more like two sticks in the eyes and sitting on a spike while pretending how good it is.Maybe they can form some sort of supergroup-Garth,Robbie,who else?

Peace

Bernd

JohnMichael
11-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Hi,
Well you know what I mean then. R.W. to me is more like two sticks in the eyes and sitting on a spike while pretending how good it is.Maybe they can form some sort of supergroup-Garth,Robbie,who else?

Peace

Bernd

Well thanks a lot Bernd. Now GMichael will reference some humor about me sitting on a spike. lol

GMichael
11-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Well thanks a lot Bernd. Now GMichael will reference some humor about me sitting on a spike. lol

HAHAHAHA I can't say that it didn't cross my mind.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm not the only pervert on this board? Or even just this thread?

Bernd
11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
You're not alone GMichael.
How about some nominations for the "Supergroup".

Peace

Bernd

GMichael
11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
You're not alone GMichael.
How about some nominations for the "Supergroup".

Peace

Bernd

Let's start with a few names from this thread. http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14526

Pierce
12-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I can only comment on the HLS 410s. I have owned them since new in 1999. Currently I have them in my "upstairs system" which includes an older Onkyo receiver (a 301 I think-it was back when DTS was kind of new to the entry level market), the 410's are the fronts and center (i used the receiver to turn off the center output) and the rears and sub are from the JBL HTIB from 3 or 4 years ago-tiny little things that work well for rears (for music - not so much).

I, personally LOVE the 410s. As for the others? Sorry. Can't help you.

accastil
12-03-2005, 05:51 AM
It does not matter what we think only what you do. Speakers are one of those items that you have to close your eyes and just listen to without any regard to specs.I like the sound of old JBL's and AR's I try to stay open minded and listen to others but ultimately I come back to what I have been listening to for longer than you have been alive.

You on the other hand have many ,many more years and your musical taste will expand and your hearing will change some :eek: although I can still hear a tone to 15kHz so don't get wrapped up in what other's think or certain specs just enjoy the fact you will get to change your opinion for a long time to come. :D
i totally agree..close your eyes and listen. you may also want to audition them with diffrent types of music if you want.

MikeyBC
12-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Wow...interesting thread, I think I lost a couple I.Q. points for having read the whole thing.

GMichael
12-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Wow...interesting thread, I think I lost a couple I.Q. points for having read the whole thing.

I.Q. points lost? Oh yeah, that too. Most of us lost our grasp of reallity. It was replaced by a feeling of disorientation. This thread pulls at the fabrics of our minds.

Florian
12-04-2005, 08:19 AM
http://www.gagreport.com/images/boat%20illusion.jpg

What reality or illusion`?

GMichael
12-04-2005, 08:56 AM
http://www.gagreport.com/images/boat%20illusion.jpg

What reality or illusion`?

Boat? What boat?

Florian
12-04-2005, 08:59 AM
I dont see a boat ... do you see one?

JohnMichael
12-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I dont see a boat ... do you see one?

Yes I see the boat.

Florian
12-04-2005, 01:38 PM
I dont

markw
12-04-2005, 04:23 PM
I dont see a boat ... do you see one?A couple of floaters, maybe.

PAT.P
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Boat? What boat?This time you find her in a car .Do you see the car? :eek:

Florian
12-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Holy mother of god, can you say TITTIES!!!!!!!

GMichael
12-04-2005, 07:31 PM
This time you find her in a car .Do you see the car? :eek:

I see it. I see the car.

GMichael
12-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Holy mother of god, can you say TITTIES!!!!!!!

Can you say, double air bags?

Florian
12-04-2005, 07:35 PM
DOUBLE AIRBAGS

yes i can say it :p

GMichael
12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Tested at speeds up to 180kph. But please, use your seat belt as well.

JohnMichael
12-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Yikes, those are almost scarey.

JohnMichael
12-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I want to see her bunjee jump

JohnMichael
12-05-2005, 09:03 AM
This time you find her in a car .Do you see the car? :eek:

Can she even see the road? Still driving between two mountains.

PAT.P
12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Can she even see the road? Still driving between two mountains.Looks like somebody ass is in her face :D

audio amateur
07-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Adam is 21 now soon he will be 22 in this Nov 19 and he found me on gay.com and when we first start talking he seemed like he was really interested in me and he did right away said he loved me which kinda surprised me but I can say he did really call me many many many times and often each day after we met and I called many times too. Adam was alot different from me when we first met but now his more like me so that's cool. But then he moved to Hull, Iowa in a group home called Hope Haven Nortside. He use to live in Sioux Center Iowa with his mother when we first met. But now he lives in a town called Hull. Anyways we always say that we love each other every day and I do call him alot too. I can say that he has a few times said that he would come over but he doesn't since he says hes car not working or something like that. I can say Adam has sent me stuff of his pics and like his underwear and his hat and his shirt and even a ring that costed $79 and there is more stuff he sent to me too. I can say I have sent some of my stuff to him too and he says he loves it. I sent him stuff like my watch and necklace and a ring and a vase I made too. Well now its been a year and 5 months and still he hasn't come over to see me for the first time yet but he says that he will come this time between now and Nov 19 but I don't know if that's true since in the past he said he would come on a certain day and he didn't since he had problems on his car and stuff he says. Adam has even given me his SS# and his password to his e-mail address. Adam has even giving me his sn and password for gay.com too so now they are all mine. By the way Adam has disabilities like ADHD and he is diabetic and he has heart disease too. But I don't mind that since what's most important is the inside not outside you know. I just hope that he will come to see me for the first time soon so we can have fun together since he does seen to be a great caring guy. I can say even at times I get mad at him and we fight over the phone since he never comes to see me but he never ever says that our relationship is over or something like that since he really really loves me he says and he doesn't want me to dump him too. He cries a lot too since he cant come see me and when he cries it doesn't sound fake at all. I have tried to say that I wanted to go find someone else but he keeps trying to make me not do that since he always says things like you know what I just sent you more stuff you love and you know what I am moving to Omaha in the end of the month. He always says that he will promise to never ever brake up with me and he will never cheat on me too which is great to hear of course.

Get a girl... Get a life.

JohnMichael
07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Get a girl... Get a life.

The point of that statement? Some of us do not want one.

Florian
07-01-2006, 01:00 PM
The point of that statement? Some of us do not want one.
Yeah, i have to stand up and wonder why some of us have a problem with homo sexuality! You people should talk about my Hetero Sexuality! Who cares if someone likes men and not women or the other way around.

-Flo

JoeE SP9
07-01-2006, 03:49 PM
I usually tell my female friends that I'm try-sexual. I willing to try anything with them.:ihih:

Florian
07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I usually tell my female friends that I'm try-sexual. I willing to try anything with them.:ihih:

No animals please"!

JoeE SP9
07-01-2006, 06:21 PM
No animals please"!

I usually have two caveats with the ladies. No used food and no dead people. Now I have to add no pets!:ihih:

Florian
07-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I usually have two caveats with the ladies. No used food and no dead people. Now I have to add no pets!:ihih:

At first i thought about "try-sex"....in other words you "try" to have sex, but i asumed it was a tpyo. LOL

Anyway, you havent checked out my new room ;-) Anyway, work tomorrow and i need some sleep. Cheers

Flo

audio amateur
07-02-2006, 01:20 PM
ok that maybe was not the best way to put it but I have a hard time accepting gays. I'll stop there.

audio amateur
07-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Guys stop being weird:p

JohnMichael
07-02-2006, 02:05 PM
ok that maybe was not the best way to put it but I have a hard time accepting gays. I'll stop there.

How about gay audiophiles?

audio amateur
07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
How about gay audiophiles?

hmmm same I guess

audio amateur
07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Anyway let's forget about it

JohnMichael
07-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Anyway let's forget about it

It is forgotten.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
07-02-2006, 03:42 PM

Eh, so much for Europe more advanced sensibilties. You guys seem as bad as the tight a$$ puritanical american public. What gives anyone the right to pass judgement on anyone else?

If you have a problem with a person based on the sexual preference, then its not them who has a problem. Its you.

What about people who are straight but A-holes? What about straight people who abuse children, and kill innocent people? What about straight men that phisically and mentally abuse women? Would you hold these kinds of people in high regard just because they are straight?

My focus is on whether people share my core beliefs, are good people, and are loving and supportive of their fellow man, not who they choose to sleep with. If more people took that path, this world would be a hell of alot better place. Everyone should have the right to live their life as they choose without judgement from other folks. When you have acheived perfection, then you can judge others.

Florian
07-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Please do not judge "Europe" on tolerance and acceptance of gays and lesbians by one person, esp. comming from America. No offense! I for one, am all for gays and lesbians. I have a friend who is gay and noone gives a ****. I dont go around priding myselfs with being Heterosexual, and this is the only thing where i think that the gays and lesbians should downplay it a bit.

-Flo

audio amateur
07-03-2006, 04:21 AM
No, what I am really against is homosexuals bringing up children. I think that is completely wrong at which ever angle you look at it, and even more so ethicaly wrong. That is why I am against the gay community becoming stronger, whether socialy or in numbers.
I didn't realize Amercians frowned on homosexuals more so than "Europeans" ( i don't like the way americans consider Europe as on big country, as there are huge cultural differences between one country and the other-I guess Florian and I think alike). I am half American so don't please don't call me "european" just because I live in Geneva.

Sadly Terrence nobody walking this planet can acheive perfection.
And no I would not support straight people who act in the wrong ways, of course I wouldn't but this is not so much in paralel with what I said.
Sorry I brought this up but it can't be a bad thing we talked about it.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 05:31 AM

Good answer.

bobsticks
07-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Speaking as an employer, I am acquainted with a highly diversified workforce, consisting of straight, gay, white, black, hispanic, asian, educated, obtuse, well-to-do, and the not-so-fortunate. When looking for perspective new teammates, I search for those that are mindful of etiquette, grasp the value of shared responsibility, and have a general concern and consideration of their fellow man. It also doesn't hurt if they have a sense of humor.
Speaking as a human being, I look for the same characteristics in friends and comrades.I can't imagine having the time or the inclination to give a damn about what someone chooses to do in the privacy of their bedroom...

GMichael
07-03-2006, 06:34 AM
So you wouldn't care about my pet goat? Can I bring him in on familly day? Don't worry about what food to make. He'll eat anything.

bobsticks
07-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Hey G, as long as you don't hurt the goat I'm gonna file that under None of My Damn Business. Actually, let's adopt a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy on that one...

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 06:48 AM
No, what I am really against is homosexuals bringing up children. I think that is completely wrong at which ever angle you look at it, and even more so ethicaly wrong. That is why I am against the gay community becoming stronger, whether socialy or in numbers.
I didn't realize Amercians frowned on homosexuals more so than "Europeans" ( i don't like the way americans consider Europe as on big country, as there are huge cultural differences between one country and the other-I guess Florian and I think alike). I am half American so don't please don't call me "european" just because I live in Geneva.

Sadly Terrence nobody walking this planet can acheive perfection.
And no I would not support straight people who act in the wrong ways, of course I wouldn't but this is not so much in paralel with what I said.
Sorry I brought this up but it can't be a bad thing we talked about it.

We make fine parents by the way. My partner has two children and he is a much better dad than most and a better parent than the mom. Do not worry we do not discuss the intricacies of our relationship with the children and we are not affectionate in front of the children. They both appear to be growing up heterosexual which is fine with me. Life can be tough enough and I would never want children I love to be tormented and abused by ignorant peers like I was because they are gay. Yes gay parents do not try to make their children gay but love them and help them learn to accept themselves for who they are.

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 06:52 AM
So you wouldn't care about my pet goat? Can I bring him in on familly day? Don't worry about what food to make. He'll eat anything.

The goat must be a replacement for the sheep. Too much criticism from the sheep. GM your baaaaaaaad.

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2006, 06:52 AM
No, what I am really against is homosexuals bringing up children. I think that is completely wrong at which ever angle you look at it, and even more so ethicaly wrong.

What's ethically wrong is a child being brought up a household where they are unwanted, physically abused, emotionally abused, molested, hurt, mis-treated, ignored. There are lots of straight families out there where these things happen all the time. Being straight does not guarantee good parenting.

My experiences with gay families is exacty the opposite. Gays and lesbians don't just find themselves pregnant. They have to plan for it. They have to arrange it. They really want it. And because of that, they know what a blessing their child(ren) is and what a privelage it is to be a parent. How on earth can a child being raised in a happy, loving home be unethical????

What I'm really against are homophobes who would rather see a child stay in the Foster Care system than to be brought up in a loving, household...just because the parents are gay.

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 06:58 AM
What's ethically wrong is a child being brought up a household where they are unwanted, physically abused, emotionally abused, molested, hurt, mis-treated, ignored. There are lots of straight families out there where these things happen all the time. Being straight does not guarantee good parenting.

My experiences with gay families is exacty the opposite. Gays and lesbians don't just find themselves pregnant. They have to plan for it. They have to arrange it. They really want it. And because of that, they know what a blessing their child(ren) is and what a privelage it is to be a parent. How on earth can a child being raised in a happy, loving home be unethical????

What I'm really against are homophobes who would rather see a child stay in the Foster Care system than to be brought up in a loving, household...just because the parents are gay.

ForeverAutumn you are incredible!

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Hey G, as long as you don't hurt the goat I'm gonna file that under None of My Damn Business. Actually, let's adopt a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy on that one...

So, no to the picnick? He's very well trained. He won't eat anything without asking first.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:01 AM

I bet she is. Oops. Did I say that out loud?

bobsticks
07-03-2006, 07:09 AM
I suppose we can proceed with the picnic, just please try and maintain some platonic subtlety. And don't take JohnMichael's contentions to heart as I'm sure he doesn't know how just demanding sheep can be. I still have that PM you sent me about how no matter where you were on your property the sheep kept backing toward you with an expectant look...oops...sorry about that...

Cheers

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 07:16 AM
This thread has branched from gay parenting to animal husbandry.

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2006, 07:19 AM

Thanks JM. I'm just trying to help our poor misguided friend understand the reality of what constitutes a happy home.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:20 AM
I suppose we can proceed with the picnic, just please try and maintain some platonic subtlety. And don't take JohnMichael's contentions to heart as I'm sure he doesn't know how just demanding sheep can be. I still have that PM you sent me about how no matter where you were on your property the sheep kept backing toward you with an expectant look...oops...sorry about that...

Cheers

Hey! The P in PM stands for private! Man! No soup for you!

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2006, 07:23 AM
This thread has branched from gay parenting to animal husbandry.

Um, wasn't this thread actually about speakers? :smilewinkgrin:

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 07:26 AM

This thread has stayed on topic as well as any thread that has lasted this long.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 07:27 AM

Yes, do you know which pair sounds best? Oh well, not to worry. He already picked the ones he likes best.

JohnMichael
07-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks JM. I'm just trying to help our poor misguided friend understand the reality of what constitutes a happy home.

He is just a young pup but if he does not open his mind a little now I am afraid it will stay shut forever.

audio amateur
07-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Speaking as an employer, I am acquainted with a highly diversified workforce, consisting of straight, gay, white, black, hispanic, asian, educated, obtuse, well-to-do, and the not-so-fortunate. When looking for perspective new teammates, I search for those that are mindful of etiquette, grasp the value of shared responsibility, and have a general concern and consideration of their fellow man. It also doesn't hurt if they have a sense of humor.
Speaking as a human being, I look for the same characteristics in friends and comrades.I can't imagine having the time or the inclination to give a damn about what someone chooses to do in the privacy of their bedroom...

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't just equate to who they choose to do stuff with in their bedroom. If that really is the only concern, then I wonder where the world is going. Obviously you people don't have many moral values, and that kind of makes me sad.
I am not going to generalise, I'm just saying homosexuality is wrong, and does not belong to my standards (most of which, I will say, come from the bible). I respect homosexuals but i sure don't respect their choice.

GMichael
07-03-2006, 08:21 AM
The fact of the matter is, it doesn't just equate to who they choose to do stuff with in their bedroom. If that really is the only concern, then I wonder where the world is going. Obviously you people don't have many moral values, and that kind of makes me sad.
I am not going to generalise, I'm just saying homosexuality is wrong, and does not belong to my standards (most of which, I will say, come from the bible). I respect homosexuals but i sure don't respect their choice.

Choice? Do you really think it's a choice? Do you think they want people to pick on them for being different?
Moral values? Do you think your values are more moral because of who you sleep with? Did you ever have sex before you were married? Where are your morals now?
It's people who are prejudice that make me sad.

bobsticks
07-03-2006, 09:51 AM
aa,
It might surprise you to read that I would support long and vehemently your right to assertion. This is true despite your general lack of qualified argumentation and specifically that logistical doosy of "I'm not going to generalise"...BUT...
I support your right to say homosexuality is wrong...for you. Don't practice it. I don't practice it either. However, it is unfortunate that you chose to define certain people solely and completely by their sexuality. I can presume one of two things, either a) you are a creature defined solely and completely by your stunning heterosexuality and are devoid of any other socially important contributions, opinions, ideas, or non-sexually based emotions; or b) all homosexuals lack any kind of analytical reasoning, cognitive thought, or depth of character and are irreversibly and undeniably hellbent(like how I worked that in?) on nothing more than penile gratification.Sad to dismiss an entire segment of the population based on something you and they can't control, but then again as one of "you people" I have no morals and am probably going to the nether regions anyway.
Homosxuality is an easy one to pick on, y'know along with being a gypsy. Let's take a random list of things that i like and see how your absolutism effects them. I like, in no order for the purposes of this thread, fresh tomatos, music and art, good literature, my family, my country and my God. Well, you've gotten together your little right-thinking citizens superior court and condemned what people can do in their bedroom. Better start banning any kind of media portrayal of said activity...and how about any books or art made by people who behave in such a way...hey, your God is not my God, so you're done for...and your family too.. and pretty soon I can't get any fresh vegetables because I'm standing in line for bread and working in the factories to supply enough munitions for the war on the Eastern Front.
I could dismiss all that if this had been approached with any level of civility. True, you've now donned your cloak of respectful Christian and moral leader for the purposes of debate. Debate and discourse are good. They can be used to express opinion and present facts, and hopefully, through this process we can grow to respect or at least understand one another. The problem I have is that this started with " Get a girl...Get a life", a sentiment which I suspect more truly conveys your thoughts and attitudes than your recent backpeddling. Not very nice. You see, words can be used to communicate with civility or they can be fashioned into a weapon.
For example: "SCREW YOU, YOU XENOPHOBIC, HOMOPHOBIC, BIBLE-THUMPING, HYPOCRITICAL JACKASS" Not very nice. And certainly not very civil...

Cheers and don't scuff your jackboots

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2006, 11:31 AM

BULLSH!T. Don't pretend that you respect homosexuals. It's quite clear from your comments that you don't.

Tell me exactly, what is it about homosexuality that offends you so? I'm not trying to pick a fight. I really want to know. Why is it "wrong"? Give me concrete reasons why you think it's immoral? And why I "don't have many moral values", presumably, because I don't share your views.

07-03-2006, 03:01 PM

Did Jesus die and make you his replacement? Scientifically it has already been proven that its a gene passed down from the mother that makes men or women gay. The same type of gene that makes you and I straight. Psychologist have taken it off the chart of mental illness because they have learned more about homosexuality. You seem to be one of the few neanderthals that still take up arms against gays because you think it wrong. Well AA, I think its wrong for you to judge them when you are not perfect. The bible speaks of one removing the beam out of YOUR eyes first before trying to remove it out of others. It also states that he without sin shall cast the first stone. From what you have posted here, you have a beam in your eye, and your sin is judging your fellow man. That is God job, not yours. How dare you challenge my morals! When the Bible say " Judge not that ye be judge unto the same measure that ye mete" I take that very seriously. You however don't. As an obvious judgemental christian, you are unfit to decide whats right and wrong in the eyes of God. .

Secondly in the original languages of the Bible(Greek, Hebrew and Arabic), there is no mention of homosexuality at all. The first time it appears in the Bible, it shows up in a language conversion of the original languages(King James Version),. Which means to me that it was not translated from the original text, but put there at the behest of King James. He did approve this version. And even more interesting is the fact that the word Homosexual wasn't even a word when the King James version came out is also very telling. It should also be noted that Bible scholars have openly and repeatedly said that no policy concerning the church should come out of the King James version of the bible. It should come from the original text only, which would eleminate any biases King James has concerning anything.

I am a born again Christian. I however am not a born again sheeple who hears something over the pulpit, and decides that its correct. I research, dig, question, and ponder, and if it doesn't add up, its reject. If God wanted us to be like many christians have turned into, he would have just created mindless robots that said "Jesus" all of the time.

The Bible says "love thy neighbor as thyself". It doesn't say love and judge my gay neighbor and say they are not good parent". It is a fact that many gays make far better parents than their straight counterparts. I look up and down my block in Albany California and see evidence of that every day. Get the beam out of your eyes, maybe you'll see this a little more clearly and with a much more open mind.

JeffKnob
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Very well put Sir T. I am really tired of the bigotry against homosexuals in this country. They are people too.

It is truly amazing how the Bible is spun to make hate acceptable.

ForeverAutumn
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Did Jesus die and make you his replacement? Scientifically it has already been proven that its a gene passed down from the mother that makes men or women gay......

BRAVO!!!! (FA stands up to applaude Sir T)

JohnMichael
07-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Thank you Sir T. As a very moral man who is in a long term committed relationship I am always amazed at how many people want to think the opposite of me. Like you I try to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and not always a church. Jesus loved all, accepted all, forgave all and was for peace. I worry about someone who calls himself a Christian and does not try to emulate Jesus.

You are very correct about mistranslations in the Bible based on the times and the biases of the people accepting their version of the Bible. To me the simplest way to live is to check to see if your actions are based on love of your fellow man. My current job is to care for a gentleman with Alzheimer's and he and his family belong to a very conservative church. They only judge me by the good care I give their father. Any other aspect of my life is not important to them. How nice.

GMichael
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Thank you Sir T. As a very moral man who is in a long term committed relationship I am always amazed at how many people want to think the opposite of me. Like you I try to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and not always a church. Jesus loved all, accepted all, forgave all and was for peace. I worry about someone who calls himself a Christian and does not try to emulate Jesus.

You are very correct about mistranslations in the Bible based on the times and the biases of the people accepting their version of the Bible. To me the simplest way to live is to check to see if your actions are based on love of your fellow man. My current job is to care for a gentleman with Alzheimer's and he and his family belong to a very conservative church. They only judge me by the good care I give their father. Any other aspect of my life is not important to them. How nice.

BRAVO!!!! (Mike stands up to applaude Sir T, FA, JeffKnob, bobsticks
& John) Love & fairness is for everyone.

JohnMichael
07-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I hope that audio amateur knows that even if several of us disagree with him on this one topic I will still look forward to his audio contributions.

audio amateur
07-04-2006, 01:29 PM
I hope that audio amateur knows that even if several of us disagree with him on this one topic I will still look forward to his audio contributions.

Wasn't expecting such a gentle comment from your part John. Sorry If I was so direct, I haven't been exposed to many gays that's probably why my reaction is so strong. I liked what you said Terrence;)

JoeE SP9
07-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Bravo to you SVI. Your sexual preferences are your own business. I hope you are happy.
:yesnod:

My attitude about gays is, the more gay men the less competition there is for the single women I'm interested in.:ihih:

ForeverAutumn
07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Wasn't expecting such a gentle comment from your part John. Sorry If I was so direct, I haven't been exposed to many gays that's probably why my reaction is so strong. I liked what you said Terrence;)

Is that a kiss and a wink from AA to Sir Terrence? :yikes:

:lol:

audio amateur
07-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Is that a kiss and a wink from AA to Sir Terrence? :yikes:

:lol:

hmm I guess it is a kiss and a wink:p Didn't see the kiss part haha

GMichael
07-05-2006, 04:51 AM

I knew you'd be all nicey nice. That's why you're my hero.

GMichael
07-05-2006, 04:53 AM

Wink wink. No kiss from me though. My wife would hunt me down like a dog.

07-05-2006, 06:57 AM

AA its all good. God said that people will know us by the love we show to each other. We have to be careful that love drives our opinions and treatment of one another, even if we do not understand or are not exposed to different people's lives. Good people are good people no matter if they are gay or straight.

PAT.P
07-05-2006, 07:06 AM
At one of the church I look after (United) voted for same gender marriage .Instead of saying gay or lesbian ,lets call it same gender ,it sounds more polite.:cornut:

ForeverAutumn
07-05-2006, 08:31 AM
At one of the church I look after (United) voted for same gender marriage .Instead of saying gay or lesbian ,lets call it same gender ,it sounds more polite.:cornut:

Hey Pat. We talked about this in another thread a few months ago. So am I understanding your post correctly? Did the church vote "yes" to allow same-sex marriages?