Post good shows before you go! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Post good shows before you go!

ToddL
11-04-2005, 09:20 AM
I keep hearing about shows in here and then think, "Yeah I would have went to that". Maybe we should start a weekly thread similar to "The Tuesday Thread", What are going to see/what did you see.
I would like to know about Toronto area stuff BEFORE IT HAPPENS
I will get the ball rolling
Ben Lee/New Buffalo- El Macambo, Nov.6 - Toronto
The Trews- Lee's palace Dec.3 - Toronto

I hope this flies
Todd

Dusty Chalk
11-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Well...how do we know if they're good, if we haven't gone to them yet? ;)

ForeverAutumn
11-04-2005, 11:59 AM
I keep hearing about shows in here and then think, "Yeah I would have went to that". Maybe we should start a weekly thread similar to "The Tuesday Thread", What are going to see/what did you see.
I would like to know about Toronto area stuff BEFORE IT HAPPENS
I will get the ball rolling
Ben Lee/New Buffalo- El Macambo, Nov.6 - Toronto
The Trews- Lee's palace Dec.3 - Toronto

I hope this flies
Todd

DOH! As I was reading your post and saw Toronto, I was thinking "hey, I'll tell Todd that The Trews are playing!". But you beat me to it.

Andrew Bird is playing the Revival Bar (College and Spadina area) on November 11. BarryL and I are thinking about going. If you're interested, let me know, maybe we can meet up.

I'm also giving serious thought to that Trews show at Lee's. Are you going?

Me, BarryL and AudioBill all live in the Toronto area.

ToddL
11-04-2005, 12:56 PM
I will definately be at that Trews show.
I have never heard Andrew Bird before, what is that like?

Well...how do we know if they're good, if we haven't gone to them yet? ;)
As for you smart guy, if you are spending money to go to it, we'll consider it good. :)

Davey
11-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Well...how do we know if they're good, if we haven't gone to them yet?
As for you smart guy...
Smart? You obviously have him confused with someone else ...

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/party.gif

Dusty Chalk
11-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Smart? You obviously have him confused with someone else ...
See 1c (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=smart&db=%2A), wise guy.

Dusty Chalk
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
'kay, I'm probably going to Jem this weekend -- RIYL pop femme vocalists such as Dido.

Gonna try and see Nine Inch Nails...on...oops, missed it.

I have the rest in a file at home.

Davey
11-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Andrew Bird is playing the Revival Bar (College and Spadina area) on November 11. BarryL and I are thinking about going. If you're interested, let me know, maybe we can meet up.
Wow, with Head of Femur opening too, although just as the core trio instead of their normal big cast of co-conspirators. Should be a fun show. I had a thread going on another site and everybody said if ya get the chance, ya just gotta see Bird. Total entertainment. Lots of good reviews around on his last tour with percussionist Kevin O'Donnell who will be back on board for the December shows opening for Nickel Creek ... wonder if I wanna see him with Nickel Creek ... hmmm

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/features/live/b/bird_andrew-05/

http://www.andrewbird.net/shows.htm

ForeverAutumn
11-04-2005, 02:43 PM
I will definately be at that Trews show.
I have never heard Andrew Bird before, what is that like?

I'll let you know if we decide to see The Trews. I suspect that you're a young fellow. I'll be the one who looks like the bands mother (okay, maybe Mom's younger sister).

You can hear Andrew Bird's latest (the only one that I've heard) in full stream here...

http://www.righteousbabe.com/artists/andrewbird/tmpoe/index.asp

audiobill
11-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey, ToddL.

As FA, just mentioned, BarryL, ForeverAutumn and I are all from the TO area, so give us a shout, if you'd like company.

That Spoon show, as I've posted in other threads, this past Tuesday was outstanding.

Side note: Tom Cruise was in the crowd. Who would have thought him for an indie music type.

Cheers,

Bill

ToddL
11-05-2005, 11:22 AM
This is good.
I also heard the Trews will be at Mod club late Nov. though this is not confirmed and may not happen will let everyone know.
Also, got to stress one last time Ben Lee will be at ElMo this Sunday (6th) I urge every T.O.'er to go

ForeverAutumn
11-05-2005, 01:58 PM
This is good.
I also heard the Trews will be at Mod club late Nov. though this is not confirmed and may not happen will let everyone know.
Also, got to stress one last time Ben Lee will be at ElMo this Sunday (6th) I urge every T.O.'er to go

I was at HMV, downtown, this afternoon. I checked out New Buffalo at a listening station. Not my cuppa tea. I didn't like the vocalist at all.

ToddL
11-07-2005, 10:49 AM
New Buffalo was not all I hoped either, i even bought the c.d. for a second chance, good for going to sleep, very very sleepy.
For what it's worth Ben Lee was awesome.(I will leave it alone now).

ForeverAutumn
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
New Buffalo was not all I hoped either, i even bought the c.d. for a second chance, good for going to sleep, very very sleepy.
For what it's worth Ben Lee was awesome.(I will leave it alone now).

Hey Todd. Let me know if you hear anything else about that possible Trews show at the Mod Club. My husband hates Lee's and I'm having trouble convincing him to go.

For some reason, he thinks that the venue is important. I can't drag him to shows at the Horseshoe either. He doesn't care how legendary it is. :rolleyes:

BinFrog
12-06-2005, 11:55 AM
My buddy's folk/groove rock band, whose website I maintain, is playing a show Saturday night up in Salem, NH if anyone is interested. Info can be found on their site:

http://www.doctormalcolm.com

The 3 song demo on their site doesn't do them any justice. Of course I may be biased because one of the guys is my best friend, but they are pretty fun live and you can tell they love doing it.

Oh, and I'll be recording this show for them, so no running up to me and yelling ;)

ToddL
12-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Todd. Let me know if you hear anything else about that possible Trews show at the Mod Club. My husband hates Lee's and I'm having trouble convincing him to go.
:

I hear that the Trews at Mod Club is actually going to be with Ron Sexsmith and a couple of others, I think late Dec, but could be early '06. As for the Lee's show I didn't even get to go, too busy trying to follow their footsteps playin my own music.