The song you don't want to end [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The song you don't want to end

Bernd
11-04-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi,

Reading through the response of best complete album,"rocketcat" came up with this thread. Well here it is.
My songs for now are:

The Waterboys-The Pan Within(Live)
Peter Gabriel-Here Comes The Flood
Gary Moor-Drowning In Tears
Pink Floyd-Comfortabley Numb
Warren Zevon-My Ride's Here (for obvious reasons R.I.P.)

Enjoy

Bernd

I would rather have my mind opened to wonder than closed by belief

BinFrog
11-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Jane's Addiction - Three Days
Pearl Jam - Rearview Mirror
Rush - The Camera Eye
Pink Floyd - Fearless

Dusty Chalk
11-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Steve Hackett, "Shadow of the Hierophant" (I need to get that remaster)

Stone
11-04-2005, 08:39 AM
I want all of them to end, most in 3 minutes or less. There is way too much other good music out there to listen to to have one song tie up my time. Having said that, there are a few longer songs I think are great because of their length and "Three Days" by Jane's Addiction is one of them.

BinFrog
11-04-2005, 09:49 AM
I want all of them to end, most in 3 minutes or less. There is way too much other good music out there to listen to to have one song tie up my time. Having said that, there are a few longer songs I think are great because of their length and "Three Days" by Jane's Addiction is one of them.

That's a strange outlook. I suppose I understand it, but length makes no difference to me. A 2 minute song or a 20 minute song, as long as it's good, deserves listening to. Obviously it's easier to fit a 2 minute song into your schedule, but they all have their place. I love Rush and Phish, so I guess it's in my blood to like longer songs.

rockecat
11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
I guess my choice would be Lynyrd Skynyrd , Free Bird evertime I hear it the volume goes up.

J*E*Cole
11-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Pink Floyd's "High Hopes"
Luckily it does go for almost 14 minutes though.

BEETLEMAN
11-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I would have to say anything by DREAM THEATRE, some or their medolies are awesome or old BOSTON or PRISM. the only thing i dont like about some of these older recordings
are they sound like absolute crap...

newtrix1
11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I know it's a long song to begin with, but at the end Steve Howe just starts this awesome solo, then the song fades out. Very unfulfilling, I wish the song lasted a few minutes more and he continued the jam. I can't remember how it ends on Yesssongs, if they extend it out or not. Guess I know what I'll be listening to next :) .

Dusty Chalk
11-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the Spacewuerm part, I love that.

StateDJ85
11-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi,

Reading through the response of best complete album,"rocketcat" came up with this thread. Well here it is.
My songs for now are:

The Waterboys-The Pan Within(Live)
Peter Gabriel-Here Comes The Flood
Gary Moor-Drowning In Tears
Pink Floyd-Comfortabley Numb
Warren Zevon-My Ride's Here (for obvious reasons R.I.P.)

Enjoy

Bernd

I would rather have my mind opened to wonder than closed by belief

Definately agree with Here Comes the Flood. I just bought the growing up live DVD and he does a great version of that live. I've never listened to as much Gabriel as I have in the last few days, and I'm really liking it so far. Very different, and a little deep, but also very good. If you haven't heard this live version I'm talking about, I would definately recommend picking up the concert DVD.

Bernd
11-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Definately agree with Here Comes the Flood. I just bought the growing up live DVD and he does a great version of that live. I've never listened to as much Gabriel as I have in the last few days, and I'm really liking it so far. Very different, and a little deep, but also very good. If you haven't heard this live version I'm talking about, I would definately recommend picking up the concert DVD.

Hi,
Thanks for the recommendation. I am not really a DVD man more like your analogue two channel guy.
I saw the "Growing Up" Tour twice. And both times that song was great.I have been listening to Peter Gabriel since forever. In my mind one of the last true originals.The best shows by him I saw was in the late 70s in Berlin (the 3rd album tour) and in 83 in Vancouver (with "The Tubes and David Bowie) opening concert for the B.C.Place dome.Now that was a show.Also Secret World and Growing Up were also very good.
Anyway enjoy the man.

Peace

Bernd

Hawkeye
11-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Cluster One - Pink Floyd from The Division Bell