Neat Subwoofer Tweak [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Neat Subwoofer Tweak

HT BUFF
11-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I recently ordered this thing called a "subdude", basically it is a carpet-covered platform with a base made of styrofoam which you set your subwoofer on to keep your subwoofer from resonating all the sound into your floor,filling your room with bass that is very clean and punchy, for $50 it is a great tweak from www.sweetwater.com

N. Abstentia
11-02-2005, 07:29 PM
You paid $50 for a hunk of styrofoam?

Whatever6750
11-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I dont see how that would work..

kexodusc
11-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Yeah, if the sub transferred vibrations to the floor, it would also transfer them into the styrofoam, then into the floor. The release of the acoustic energy isn't a bad thing at all. Not sure why someone would want to eliminate it.

HT BUFF
11-03-2005, 09:12 AM
I am sorry I posted this message, obviously none of you used the link to the website to look at the thing, I did not post here to cause an argument.
If you cannot afford $50 for a nice tweak that is YOUR problem.

noddin0ff
11-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Ok, I followed the link. It doesn't link to the product you mention. It offers no information about the product you mention. That leaves me a little shilly.

That said, I could certainly afford to pay $50 for a carpet remnant and a chunk of styrofoam, but that price does seem high.

HT BUFF
11-03-2005, 09:32 AM
When you follow the link to the website type in Subdude where it says search!!! Obviously you are not looking.

noddin0ff
11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
When you follow the link to the website type in Subdude where it says search!!! Obviously you are not looking.
Obviously you either don't know how to provide a proper link OR you would rather we all cruise the entry page to a commercial site. I did the search on my first visit. I found it a waste of time, so much so that I thought I should inform people that

Your link doesn't link to the product you mention, it offers no information about the product you mention, and that it left me a little shilly.

PAT.P
11-03-2005, 10:21 AM
When you follow the link to the website type in Subdude where it says search!!! Obviously you are not looking.I went to the site and to their clip.Would probably good for apt and townhouse.Its would blend in with a black sub .Just buy it and give us a review .

GMichael
11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Here is the correct link. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SubDude/

Be sure to order the advanced pixie snot to with this.

HT BUFF
11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I went to the site and to their clip.Would probably good for apt and townhouse.Its would blend in with a black sub .Just buy it and give us a review .
I already did, that is why I posted this info here.

HT BUFF
11-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Sorry you had a difficult time with my simple instructions-under "search"-type "SUBDUDE",up it comes, for those who could not follow see GMichael's link.

GMichael
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
I've got some Acoustic Sand for sale. Only $65 per pound. If you're using regular sand to fill your speaker stands you're a moron. You need this special sand.

I don't need a full pound. Do you sell it by the grain?

N. Abstentia
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
I've got some Acoustic Sand for sale. Only $65 per pound. If you're using regular sand to fill your speaker stands you're a moron. You need this special sand.

calegrant
11-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Or instead of being a sucker and paying 50 bucks for a hunk of foam, re-use he old foam in the box it came in if you must have the sub sitting on something.

I don't know much about speakers, but paying 50 bucks for foam and carpet= your a tool

HT BUFF
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
It is now time to find a forum that has some intelligence,obviously there is none here, you *******s that think $50 is too much for a nice home theatre tweak probably would think nothing of blowing $300 a month on booze and cigarettes.

HT BUFF
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Is that your Mack truck in the picture redneck delivering your acoustic sand? ****en idiot.

noddin0ff
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
...one that provides TOTAL sonic isolation, eliminates ALL propagated resonances and will make you subwoofer sound (and look) friggin' UNBELIEVABLE...

I recommend SubNet(tm). I developed it myself. One day I realized that all the booze and cigarettes was not making my sub sound better. The whole house was shaking, giving unwanted authority to my bass. I could ‘feel’ the vibrations pulsing through the floor…I thought, “I need to isolate this thing from touching anything solid. This product, I personally guarantee is AMAZING. Coincidentally, it’s only $300. PM me if interested.

Woochifer
11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Actually, Auralex is a legitimate manufacturer. They produce room treatment products like bass traps, diffusers, and acoustic foam that are primarily aimed at the pro audio/studio market, but applicable to home use as well. The absorption characteristics and fire resistance for most of their products is fully documented and lab tested.

http://www.auralex.com/c_sound_isolation/c_sound_isolation.asp

This bass isolator does the same thing as a set of carpet spikes -- keep a resonant speaker cabinet from sitting flat on the floor. I have a feeling though that a set of rubber feet might be just as effective.

Too bad HT BUFF decided to respond to skepticism with personal attacks and childish tantrums. Maybe if he had started this thread AFTER actually installing the sub isolator, rather than bragging about its virtues before actually hearing it first, then maybe this would have been a more productive thread. As such, I can easily see how it would be interpreted as a shill thread.

SlumpBuster
11-03-2005, 06:47 PM
It is now time to find a forum that has some intelligence,obviously there is none here, you *******s that think $50 is too much for a nice home theatre tweak probably would think nothing of blowing $300 a month on booze and cigarettes.

Don't underestimate us. With Ketel One at $35/bottle and cigs at $50/carton, I spend whaaaaaaayyyy more than $300/month on cigs and booze. :D

And I think "shilly" should be submitted to the Oxford English Dictionary as a new word. Seriously... great word. :D