A question about Pioneer HT receivers. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A question about Pioneer HT receivers.

Dmax
11-02-2005, 04:42 AM
You cannot control the bass or treble tones in surround mode,only in stereo or direct mode .Would you consider this a big or small problem if any at all?

kexodusc
11-02-2005, 05:07 AM
You cannot control the bass or treble tones in surround mode,only in stereo or direct mode .Would you consider this a big or small problem if any at all?
I'd consider it no problem at all. The larger Pioneers have auto-equalization built in for the surround modes (which I believe is transferred to the stereo modes), which is more sophisticated than manual tone controls anyway.

Hopefully you shouldn't need the equalization in 2-channel modes. Why buy speakers or equipment in the first place if there's large tone imbalances in your room that you don't like. Speaker placement and inexpensive room treatment can generally get rid of the small imbalances.

Defshep
11-02-2005, 05:09 AM
I think you'll find this to be the case on many (not all) receivers. I've had a Pioneer for a few years now, and I find the custom sound modes work pretty well. Good thing about Pioneer is it allows you to connect a separate EQ if you want.