ORB Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ORB Speakers

beneteau45
11-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Looking for a pair of stylish bookshelf speakers w/o sacrificing sound quality..... Does anyone have any experience with ORB Audio????

kexodusc
11-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Geez, there was a guy named Hershon that use to post here all the time that really liked them for his small apartment. Haven't heard much about Orb since he left.

Stylish bookshelfs w/o sacrificing sound quality? How much are you looking to spend?
A warning about "stylish" speakers. Today's "in" styles are tomorrow's acid-washed jeans...I like your standard boxy looking speakers. Nice wood finish look. maybe a curve or two. More of a classic, timeless look.

GMichael
11-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I like the KEF Q1's.

http://www.kef.com/products/qseries/qseries1image.htm

beneteau45
11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Geez, there was a guy named Hershon that use to post here all the time that really liked them for his small apartment. Haven't heard much about Orb since he left.

Stylish bookshelfs w/o sacrificing sound quality? How much are you looking to spend?
A warning about "stylish" speakers. Today's "in" styles are tomorrow's acid-washed jeans...I like your standard boxy looking speakers. Nice wood finish look. maybe a curve or two. More of a classic, timeless look.

I would like to keep the $$$$ to 600 + or ---

beneteau45
11-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I would like to keep the total to around 600

stuartlittle
11-09-2005, 10:16 PM
I really love the Orbs...I think the Classic Two is going to have a much bigger, fuller sound than bookshelf speakers. Plus, they have excellent detail and clarity, and the Orb service is really top notch. I've said it before...the Orbs are my favorite electronics purchase ever. Most companies can learn a few things from them.

Eric Z
11-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I agree with Kex about being careful with "stylish" speakers- what's up with the acid wash jeans comment? They're not cool anymore? haha!

I think if you get a classic looking speaker with a nice finish, they will look good in any room for a long long time. I'm always a little skeptical of speakers looking like UFOs. However, if you like the sound and the look, more power to you!

With a $600 budget for 2 speakers, you should be able to do pretty well! Check out some Paradigms- they are usually well liked by many. You usually can't go wrong with any quality speaker company- Paradigm, Mirage, Definitive Technology, Energy, B&W, etc... I know there are plenty more, but just go listen to a bunch of speakers in and around the $600/pair range and make the decision.

Enjoy!
Eric

bjornb17
11-13-2005, 04:22 PM

edwardgein is still around here ;-)