Any HD TV's Come Without Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any HD TV's Come Without Speakers

EdwardGein
10-31-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm trying to save money & am wondering it there are any 32" HDTV's that come without speakers as I don't need them anyway because of my home thearter set up & figure these will be cheaper.

N. Abstentia
10-31-2005, 09:41 PM
The ones without speakers generally cost more since they are a specialty item.

EdwardGein
10-31-2005, 09:43 PM
The ones without speakers generally cost more since they are a specialty item.

Every attempt at a shortcut to better oneself just gives you a cok in the az!

evil__betty
10-31-2005, 11:06 PM
If you could find a 30" without speakers, you would only be saving maybe $30. Plus finding one would be super hard because 99.9% of the people who are searching for a 30" tv would not buy one that did not come without speakers. Last years Pioneer plasmas didn't come with any speakers., but this year they do. I guess they decided to throw them in after they recieved angry letters from customers demanding speakers with their tv's. It sure was tough to sell cusotmers the tv when they found out that it didn't even come with essentials like speakers. If the concept didn't work for Pioneer, it probably won't work for any other tv company. In this case, it seems that you are the exception.

But, happy hunting anyways!

EdwardGein
10-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Wow didn't realise the savings was minimal, thanks for the info. Maybe you can answer this question that I put in another tread. If I buy an HD TV that has a built in tuner/receiver whatever you call it & still have it hooked up to my cable service who is providing me the receiver & HD Channels, will I be able to watch UPN & the WB in HD as they are not broadcast in HD by the Cable company. Thanks

edtyct
11-01-2005, 04:25 AM
So-called "pro" model plasmas have always come without speakers, as well as other "optional" features, at a much lower cost than that of their consumer counterparts. The connections are often different, too, featuring BNCs rather than RCAs. You can't buy these in brick and mortar stores, but most of the reputable dealers on the web carry them. You have to be sure that they offer what you want--deinterlacing, for instance. You can always get help from your DVD player, but for SD broadcast TV, you may need a video processor, which need not be prohibitive in price. You also have to match the pro model with the consumer model that you prefer, though the store can help you. The problem is, of course, that plasmas don't come in 30 or 32" models, and you probably wouldn't want to pay for one if they did, even without speakers.

Ed

ToddL
11-01-2005, 06:30 AM
I have seen LG's in 40" that are mostly for commercial use, aka pro models. You see a lot of them in hotel lobby's, bars etc. I don't remember for sure but I think they were cheaper and the picture did look as good as any LG I have seen. Also not sure if they came in 32". If anyone is interested I can find out no prob. If you do have an HD or ATSC tuner you will be able to get any HD broadcast that is over the air if you have an aerial antenna, so if UPN and WB send it out HD in your area then you are in luck.