Upgrading my Receiver! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my Receiver!

johny747
10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi,
I currently own an Onkyo TX-DS 575 A/V recieiver. I'm planning to change it, am not happy with the output of 80W.(The dealer has a sale going one her :)
I happy with the Onkyo as a product thou. It has never given me any trouble so far.
Would you suggest a not so expensive a/v receiver. I have shortlisted an Onkyo(higher specs one) & a NAD.
I would like to have Multi-Zone option as well. I listen to music as well. The output of my speakers(jamo) are 200 W each.
Look forward to you valuable inputs
What do u suggest? Please advise me on other brands as well.

3db
10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi,
I currently own an Onkyo TX-DS 575 A/V recieiver. I'm planning to change it, am not happy with the output of 80W.(The dealer has a sale going one her :)
I happy with the Onkyo as a product thou. It has never given me any trouble so far.
Would you suggest a not so expensive a/v receiver. I have shortlisted an Onkyo(higher specs one) & a NAD.
I would like to have Multi-Zone option as well. I listen to music as well. The output of my speakers(jamo) are 200 W each.
Look forward to you valuable inputs
What do u suggest? Please advise me on other brands as well.

Outlaw's new receiver is rated at 65 watts per channel, all channels driven. I know your Onkyo is rated for 80 watts but it won't be with all channels driven. I'm guessin more around 40 watts per channel all channels driven. NAD, Rotel, and Harmon Kardon are the only other receiver manufacturers that deliver their advertised power with all channels driven. NAD makes sweet sound audio products and you'll find it a step up from Onkyo. But I'm hereing that they are still plagued with QC issuses. Try the Outlaw. It packs a way bigger punch than what its number suggests. Plus they have great customer service.