damn I have a lot of comps from ya'll [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : damn I have a lot of comps from ya'll

-Jar-
11-17-2003, 06:37 AM
my wife found a magazine thingy that holds 208 cds. Found it on sale for $10 at some dollar store. Gotta like that. I'm sure it will be full soon. Good lord.

;)

-jar-

Finch Platte
11-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Take an empty plastic CD blank holder (50 or 100 CDs) and put the discs in there you'll probably never listen to again (mine, YECH's).

Hey, I can post! It's a miracle!

fp

-Jar-
11-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Take an empty plastic CD blank holder (50 or 100 CDs) and put the discs in there you'll probably never listen to again (mine, YECH's).

Hey, I can post! It's a miracle!

fp

I'm ahead of you on that.. I got a couple spindles full of random things I got that have no cover art, etc.. but I have all of yours in one place right now ready to go into the book. It's funny I was working on putting some comps and stuff in there, so I have a stack of empty slim cases.. my 8 month old daughter makes a bee-line for those, totally ignoring her more expensive toys. She absolutely lusts for the the remote control too. damn those stuffed animals and other things, she wants that remote.

A friend of mine copied his entire cd collection to cd-r's and sold the originals. So now instead of a wall of cds, he has 5 of those magazines. Gotta admit it's quite a space saver, if you can stand parting with the artwork. I have to say that I've considered it. Actually, I'm doing that right now but on a smaller scale with half.com..

-jar-

ForeverAutumn
11-17-2003, 10:52 AM
A friend of mine copied his entire cd collection to cd-r's and sold the originals. So now instead of a wall of cds, he has 5 of those magazines. Gotta admit it's quite a space saver, if you can stand parting with the artwork. I have to say that I've considered it. Actually, I'm doing that right now but on a smaller scale with half.com..

-jar-

I've often considered using those magazines for my collection and getting rid of all of the jewel cases, but it sounds like a pretty painful process if your CDs are kept in alphabetical order. Everytime I buy a new disk, every disk after it slides over a spot on the shelf. It would be pretty time consuming to have to move all of those disks from sleeve to sleeve. How does your friend keep track?