what's worse than Dust in the Wind... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : what's worse than Dust in the Wind...

nobody
10-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Dust in the Wind in Spanish. Some Mexican workers were playing it a few times last week. Damn, that was bad.

kexodusc
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I dunno, Sarah Brightman's cover of it was pretty terrible...Not as bad as her cover of "My Heart Will Go On" in Spanish, though...

There must be a "Stairway To Heaven" cover out there by now too.

Davey
10-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I dunno, Sarah Brightman's cover of it was pretty terrible...
Hehehe, I'm not sure if it was her or not, probably was since you mention it, but I was cruising through the channels the other night and caught kind of a glittery version on PBS that initially I auto-skipped, but something drew me back, and in spite of a certain voice in my head telling me this is very uncool and you shouldn't be watching it, I rather enjoyed it. Some of those old songs by bands like Kansas got too much airplay, and some of the lyrics were a bit sappy, but many of them have a real musical heart and soul that tends to be missing from most commercial music today.

OK, there I said it! I reserve the right to go back later and delete this, so don't quote me!

;)

That said, Yo La Tengo playing "Blue Line Swinger" at my house right now, a song drenched in heart and soul, like blood on halloween, timeless and out of time.

GMichael
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
I dunno, Sarah Brightman's cover of it was pretty terrible...Not as bad as her cover of "My Heart Will Go On" in Spanish, though...

There must be a "Stairway To Heaven" cover out there by now too.

I've heard Stairway To Heaven, muzac version (elevator style) at Burger King.

ForeverAutumn
10-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Achy Breaky Heart in French!

Last summer we spent a few days at a friend's cottage just over the Ontario/Quebec border, on the Quebec side. Their neighbours had a big party on the Saturday night and played this over and over and over again. It's a good thing that we had a lot of booze with us....we needed it.

3-LockBox
10-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Dust in the Wind in Spanish. Some Mexican workers were playing it a few times last week. Damn, that was bad.

99 luft balloons, or 99 red balloons,

in ANY language.

caniac
10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
You were my boy, Blue!

(how do you say that in Spanish? nino something, I guess.)

:D