hi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : hi

-Jar-
10-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Ok so now I can say I've listened to Pink Floyd on morphine...

Last Sunday one of those gallstones decided to block up my pancreas, giving me a case of pancreatitis, which apparently is pretty serious. Yea, pretty much everything I ate on Sunday came back to visit in the most rude fashion.. so off to the ER I went.. after 4 days of waiting for the pancreas to get better, I had the Gall Bladder removed on Friday, and home this morning. They did the whole thing with 4 cuts to my belly. My recovery has been surprisingly easy, today I still have pain, but not nearly as bad as it was on Friday after the operation.

Just filling you all in.. take care of those gall bladders.. oof.

-jar

[edit, since this is post 666, I just have to throw in a HAIL SATAN!!]

Bernd
10-30-2005, 09:48 AM

Last Sunday one of those gallstones decided to block up my pancreas, giving me a case of pancreatitis, which apparently is pretty serious. Yea, pretty much everything I ate on Sunday came back to visit in the most rude fashion.. so off to the ER I went.. after 4 days of waiting for the pancreas to get better, I had the Gall Bladder removed on Friday, and home this morning. They did the whole thing with 4 cuts to my belly. My recovery has been surprisingly easy, today I still have pain, but not nearly as bad as it was on Friday after the operation.

-jar

Hi,
All the best for your recovery. Sounds a painful situation. How were the Floyd on Morphine?

Peace

Bernd

ForeverAutumn
10-30-2005, 10:10 AM

Floyd on morphine, eh? I've listened to Floyd on a lot of things...morphine was never one them.

If ya'd know about the 666 thing would you have chosen Sabbath instead? :D

Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery Jar.

Hyfi
10-30-2005, 12:19 PM

-jar

Glad you doing well. Had numerous surgeries over the past few years so I can understand. If they gave you a script for Percosetts. Get yourself a case of ...say...Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. Together they make a Perco-Stout and most anything you listen to sounds good!!

Hyfi

-Jar-
10-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi,
All the best for your recovery. Sounds a painful situation. How were the Floyd on Morphine?

Peace

Bernd

The accoustic guitar in "Dogs" at the beginning was sounding like some kind of weird machine.. for some reason it sounded much more "modern" to my ears than it ever sounded before. The Chorus of "Pigs" was really slinky and sleazy... and as usual, I fell asleep for most of "Sheep"

(I had this thing in High School where every Friday night after the football games I would come home and listen to ANIMALS on my headphones while going asleep.. and for some reason I would always wake up at the same spots through the album..weird. but I would almost always wake up right before the beginning of "Pigs on the Wing Pt 2" and hear that before whipping off the 'phones and going to sleep)

3-LockBox
10-30-2005, 03:46 PM

Just don't make it a habit...

But no visions, huh?

Dusty Chalk
10-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Dude! I remember having my appendicitis removed -- the healing pain was nothing compared to the pain of the appendicitis.

I hope you continue to heal well and incident free.

Mr MidFi
10-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Trust me, you won't really miss that gall bladder. Just don't eat a large super-high fat content meal, or else...well, you don't want to know.

And BTW, as I'm sure you realize, morphine is not the proper medication for enjoying Floyd. Better luck next time.

Sorry to hear about the pancreatitis complication. Yeah, that's fairly serious. But I'm glad everything has worked out fine. And if you end up with any extra Vicodins or Dalmanes (like I did), save them for a special occasion!

Jim Clark
10-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Well, it was a rough trip around the barn but I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, which I hope is swift. And for the record, I agree with Mr Midfi, rathole some of those extra pain meds if you can. You never know when they are going to come in real handy!

jc

Davey
10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Are you still complaining about your damn little tummy pains? Toughen up, ya big wussy!

Hey, just kidding of course. Sounds kind of scary. Good luck on the full recovery and don't get too addicted to that painfree lifestyle ;)

-Jar-
10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, it was a rough trip around the barn but I'm glad you're on the road to recovery, which I hope is swift. And for the record, I agree with Mr Midfi, rathole some of those extra pain meds if you can. You never know when they are going to come in real handy!

jc

yea.. sometimes when I look in our cabinet I feel like I live in a friggin pharmacy..

audiobill
10-31-2005, 04:55 PM
Happy recovery, Jar.

The things a guy will do to get high!

Hope you have a quick recovery.

Take care of yourself,

Bill

jack70
11-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Good to hear you're OK Jar. Gallstones (surgery) is typically called "minor surgery" these days (in contrast to MAJOR surgery... brain, heart, etc). Having had some "minor" surgery (outpatient) myself this summer, that makes me laugh... I went into shock & sincerely thought I was witnessing my own demise as nurses fluttered around basically appearing clueless. Frickin scary. It reminds me of the old saying that "minor surgery"... is surgery that someone ELSE has... LOL. Truth is, even minor injuries/illnesses can often result in far worse things if/when complications happen.

Pancreatitis can be either acute or chronic. Both are painful but yours will (most likely) resolve when your body recovers & heals. The Chronic (or recurring acute) is far worse, as attacks can re-occur at random, and that can drive one insane. The reason is that the pain from Pancreatitis is typically rated a 10 on a 1-10 scale. And morphine is good... it's a quite safe & natural drug.

Mr Midfi is right... you don't need your gallbaldder, and not having one will make you more aware (force you) of eating smarter. You'll become healthier in the long run. So maybe a blessing in disguise? LOL.

Finch Platte
11-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Glad the worst is behind you.

Feel good soon.

fp

Troy
11-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Glad you are recovering, dood, feel better.

Dave_G
11-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I wish you a speedy recovery.

I once had nose surgery and in the recovery room they gave me morphine. Made me feel like a million bucks for a very short period of time...

Dave

-Jar-
11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
weird thing about morphine, I would feel nauseated for about a minute, then that would go away and I'd feel fine for maybe a half hour or so and it would just slowly fade... I guess it wasn't as potent as I thought it would be, I never had had it before..

-jar