Wharfedale Zaldek 1000 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wharfedale Zaldek 1000

philthemn
10-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Upon searching for new speakers i came across what seemed like an excellent choice; the Wharfedale Zaldek 1000 speakers. But reading reviews they pretty much all say that the are designed 'specifically for dance and rock enthuisiasts', now i myself listen to mainly soft rock/indie, such as coldplay. I was wondering if this means I would be spending alot of money and wasting it, or wether speakers will sound good with any type of music and the aforementioned reviews are just more of a suggestion of what genre the speakers sound best on.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Bernd
10-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Hi Phil,
I think you can do a lot better for the money. These Wharfedale Zaldek 1000 are party speakers. Do you need Floor standing Speakers? If you don't there is a whole lot of choice out there.
What's your budget,other equipment and room size? You need to take all that into consideration.
As for certain speakers play certain music better. I always look at this that a good speaker should have a go at every genre of music. I agree that some are more suited to different styles, but a good one should play them all satisfactory. I think you will be dissapointed with the ZALDEK 1000.
My 0.02ct.

Peace

Bernd

Florian
10-30-2005, 06:37 AM
I agree with Bernd here, for the money you can do much better :-)

Help us out, with the room size, budget, WAF and electronics.

Cheers

Flo

philthemn
10-30-2005, 10:48 AM
ok, well the thing is, i know nothing about speakers really, but....my budget is around £150 and under (yes, i have lowered it since asking the question), and i basically just want to play music form my computer (i'm not too sure about wether this is configurable) or Hifi. My main wish is for good quality, and the ability to sound good loud. My room is 4 metres x 6 metres.

Peter Duminy
10-30-2005, 04:30 PM
As it appears you maybe in the U.K. perhaps you can listen to the B&W 303, Tannoy Mercury F1, Tannoy MX 1, Wharfdale Diamond 8.2, Mordaunt-Short 902, and JPW 201. Good luck! :)

Florian
10-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Very good list PD, i personally would give the Tannoys a good listen :p

philthemn
10-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Thaks alot for your help, i'll get to work.

Bernd
10-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Thaks alot for your help, i'll get to work.
Good Luck,

I really like the Wharfedales 8.2. I have the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 in my office with a Teac 300 series system. And they sing.

Have fun

Bernd

What's playing: J.J.Cale-To Tulsa and Back