Oh, the horror... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the horror...

trollgirl
10-29-2005, 05:09 AM
I went into the local DAV last night and happened to see, off by itself, a fairly awesome Pioneer table. I checked it out, it was way heavy, the speed was steady, the platter was solid, there were some arm issues, but the price was right. The horror? Laying on the platter was an Audioquest moving coil, yes, you guessed it, broken...

Laz

E-Stat
10-29-2005, 06:18 AM
I went into the local DAV last night and happened to see, off by itself, a fairly awesome Pioneer table. I checked it out, it was way heavy, the speed was steady, the platter was solid, there were some arm issues, but the price was right. The horror? Laying on the platter was an Audioquest moving coil, yes, you guessed it, broken...

Laz
Hopefully it had lived a long and fruitful life and not cut short in the springtime of its youth before the demise. Good news? Sounds like you found a nice table!

I've still got a 1978 Ariston RD-11 (like a Linn Sondek) in need of an arm. I retired it a year or so back when I bought a VPI Scout for the Souther arm.

rw

JohnMichael
10-29-2005, 06:51 AM

Laz

Maybe someone did not know what they had and back cued with it. Oh, the horror..