The Big Lebowski (Focus Features Collection)? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Big Lebowski (Focus Features Collection)?

noddin0ff
10-28-2005, 07:39 AM
The Coen's The Big Lebowski is one of my favorites of theirs. It took several viewings to really appreciate it all and got better, and deeper with each. The Dude (Jeff Bridges) is a weed addled, 70’s arrested, content individual, whose life is a harmonious blend of white Russians and bowling, until some Nilhists break into his apartment and steal his rug (“It really tied the room together”). It then becomes kind of an anti-noir, film noir quest to get the rug back. But rather than brooding, keen, and blunt insight, our hero makes plot connections in ways only the truly mellow can, non-linearly and subconsciously…i.e. the most humorous, oddly Freudian, dream sequences committed to film. Anyway, I digress…

I was in BB last night, and saw The Dude looking back at me from an new DVD release, The Big Lebowski : Widescreen Collector's - DVD (Focus Features Collector's edition).

Anyone know if this edition has been improved in any way? Aside from the atrocious cover art? I haven’t heard of the Focus Features Collector's editions. The packaging wasn’t that impressive. No evidence of DTS. I already own the previous release.