teac v-5000 vs tascam 103 mastering cassette deck [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : teac v-5000 vs tascam 103 mastering cassette deck

sfunches
10-27-2005, 03:33 PM
does anyone know anything about the teac v-5000 cassette deck. i sent mine back to teac to adjust the speed and aligin the heads,i got a chance to talk to the tech that did my adjustments and he said the insides of the deck were the same as a nakamichi deck. the tascam 103 that i own outpreforms every deck i have owned except the dragon the dragon was a lot more airyer and a wider and with a warm sound.the teac has mega controls over the recordings,such as manual bias controls for each channel, calibration, and recording levels for each channel. now you would think with all of that it would out preform the tascam,but the tascam is more detailed and makes stronger recordings. both are 3 head decks. can any one tell me why i cant pull that extra detail out of the teac,or could it be the heads need futher adjusting.both of the heads in each has been demagitized. oh yeah,the teac plays back the tapes recorded on the tascam flawlesly it details all of the strenghts of the tascam,so could it still be the heads out of wack?